Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Twlight- Some things needs explaining: Please? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:57 am
I did say earlier that the female thing is easy to understand but the male part isn't.

Master Azrael Reaper, you put it perfectly.

Every one is confused on the male mechanic's of it. not the Female.

That is was really needs explaining. A guys swimmers are only alive for so many days before they can't be used. So how does that work for Edward if he has been dead for 100 or so years?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:37 am
I think that what Miss Meyer meant by 'the body does not change when one becomes a vampire' is that it becomes like a diamond photograph of the moment when they became a vampire, minus any imperfections. This would mean that typical body functions do not cease, they continue as normal, such as the heart 'beating' and neurons in the brain continuing to fire off transmitters (hence the vampires' ability to continue a sort of existence). However, from that point, there is no change. Skin doesn't wrinkle or stretch from old age, eyesight doesn't get worse or better, etc.

Personally, I don't think that Meyer really investigated what happens when a human becomes a vampire. Her creations are extremely confusing, a sort of hybrid vampire in the first place. Then again, that would make Reneesme only 1/4 vampire, wouldn't it?

Speaking of which, Reneesme is a damphir, just in case you wanted a term for vampire+human offspring. Yes, they are extremely rare, but only because the male vampire typically kills the woman before the child is born, after ravaging her for a good while. Also, typically, it would be a master vampire, not some other created one, who did such things.

I hope this helps some?  

Intelife

xdearpanda

6,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:10 am
deppfan
ninjaangel14
I don't know how to put it. I'll try, though.

I think when [Isa]Bella and Edward had their baby Reneesme, she became half human, half vampire. Probably because she was born of Bella's human womb, and she got her genetics, half and half, from both her parents.

Your question is, "How can a human and a vampire have a baby?" right?
I think when Bella and Edward "mated" that's how she got pregnant - it's sort of like how human women get pregnant after having sex.

At least, that what I think.

Well yes, but that's beyond the point here. I believe what people are confused about is how it could happen if he is a vampire. Vampires are dead. So how can something that is dead reproduce?

Vampires die as humans, and when they reach the state of becoming a vampire, don't they live forever?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:33 pm
Intelife
I think that what Miss Meyer meant by 'the body does not change when one becomes a vampire' is that it becomes like a diamond photograph of the moment when they became a vampire, minus any imperfections. This would mean that typical body functions do not cease, they continue as normal, such as the heart 'beating' and neurons in the brain continuing to fire off transmitters (hence the vampires' ability to continue a sort of existence). However, from that point, there is no change. Skin doesn't wrinkle or stretch from old age, eyesight doesn't get worse or better, etc.

Personally, I don't think that Meyer really investigated what happens when a human becomes a vampire. Her creations are extremely confusing, a sort of hybrid vampire in the first place. Then again, that would make Reneesme only 1/4 vampire, wouldn't it?

Speaking of which, Reneesme is a damphir, just in case you wanted a term for vampire+human offspring. Yes, they are extremely rare, but only because the male vampire typically kills the woman before the child is born, after ravaging her for a good while. Also, typically, it would be a master vampire, not some other created one, who did such things.

I hope this helps some?

still doesn't answer my issue though. vampires live forever and the bodies dont change. meaning there is no way he could produce sperm to imprenate her, and what he got is long since expired beyond possible use.  

Master Azrael Reaper

Intelife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 pm
That's what's so damned confusing about Meyer's vampires, and any other involved in a damphir story (can anyone say Bloodrayne?). Vampires shouldn't be able to produce the necessary fluids just to get up, much less get anything out.
However, as I said before, Meyer's vampires merely stop aging, produce venom, and are ridiculously strong. Otherwise, they're human and, just like a human, can reproduce. Her idea isn't very well thought out.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:13 pm
Thanks Intelife for the name of the vampire/human/baby/thing.  

Lus-cloud

Intelife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:22 pm
No prob. ^^ (are you thinking half-breed? x3)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 pm
ninjaangel14
deppfan
ninjaangel14
I don't know how to put it. I'll try, though.

I think when [Isa]Bella and Edward had their baby Reneesme, she became half human, half vampire. Probably because she was born of Bella's human womb, and she got her genetics, half and half, from both her parents.

Your question is, "How can a human and a vampire have a baby?" right?
I think when Bella and Edward "mated" that's how she got pregnant - it's sort of like how human women get pregnant after having sex.

At least, that what I think.

Well yes, but that's beyond the point here. I believe what people are confused about is how it could happen if he is a vampire. Vampires are dead. So how can something that is dead reproduce?

Vampires die as humans, and when they reach the state of becoming a vampire, don't they live forever?

What I meant was, the human body dies and they continue as sort of existance. Not sure if I would really call it "living"  

Deppfan

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:20 pm
Intelife
No prob. ^^ (are you thinking half-breed? x3)

No. Half Breeds are easier to understand than the dynamics of vampires mating.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:11 pm
Okay, here goes another try. Hopefully this one helps.

Stehanie Meyer's vampires are "borderline" vampires, meaning, she just barely makes them vampires. They thirst for blood, which immediately constitutes them as vampires. They are very strong as well as very fast. They cannot go out in the sunlight. That is where things begin to get a bit awol.
We also must keep in mind the author's religious beliefs.

The first thing Meyer's does is toy with societies view on vampires by giving an alternative to human blood, and then they sparkle in the sunlight, rather then burn. This is where the reader should begin to see that Stephanie Meyer's vampires are going to be different...forshadowing anyone?

Now, as previously stated, the female mechanics of the pregnancy are idiot proof. She's human, she has sex, she get's pregnant. It's as simple as that. It is Edward, that toys with us.

As Meyer states;
"Except that...well, there was a difference. Of course Rosalie could not concieve a child, because she was frozen in the state in which she passed from human to inhuman. Totally unchanging. And human women's bodies had to change to bear cildren. The constant change of a monthly cycles for one thing, and then the bigger changes needed to accommodate a growing child. Rosalie's body couldn't change.
"But mine could. Mine did. I touched the bump on my stomach that had not been there yesterday.
"And human men - well, they pretty much stayed the same from puberty to death.I remembered a random bit of trivia, gleaned from who knows where. Charlie Chaplin was in his seventies when he fathered his youngest child. Men had no such thing as child-bearing years or cycles of fertility."

Edward still had his "swimmers" as you called them, because men do not ever lose them. They never go away. A man does not need to change to impregnante a woman. Edward had "swimmers" when he was a human at the age of 17, and he still does now, a litle over 100 years later, because as Meyer's likes to think, the "swimmers" never go anywhere.

Now, as for Meyer's religion. Please correct me if I am wrong or if I offend anyone of the Mormon religion.

First, Bella is 17 when she meets and begins dating Edward. Mormons cannot date until they are 16. They do not have sex until after they are married, mormons are not supposed to have premarital sex. And lastly, mormon women are intended to reproduce a lot. To give birth to healthy mormon babies. Meyer's could not dutifully be a mormon and not have the main female character in her book, not get pregnant.

Hope this helps. =]  

MadameEx

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:03 pm
MadameEx

Stehanie Meyer's vampires are "borderline" vampires, meaning, she just barely makes them vampires. They thirst for blood, which immediately constitutes them as vampires. They are very strong as well as very fast. They cannot go out in the sunlight. That is where things begin to get a bit awol.

The first thing Meyer's does is toy with societies view on vampires by giving an alternative to human blood, and then they sparkle in the sunlight, rather then burn. This is where the reader should begin to see that Stephanie Meyer's vampires are going to be different...forshadowing anyone?

Now, as previously stated, the female mechanics of the pregnancy are idiot proof. She's human, she has sex, she get's pregnant. It's as simple as that. It is Edward, that toys with us.

As Meyer states;
"Except that...well, there was a difference. Of course Rosalie could not concieve a child, because she was frozen in the state in which she passed from human to inhuman. Totally unchanging. And human women's bodies had to change to bear cildren. The constant change of a monthly cycles for one thing, and then the bigger changes needed to accommodate a growing child. Rosalie's body couldn't change.
"But mine could. Mine did. I touched the bump on my stomach that had not been there yesterday.
"And human men - well, they pretty much stayed the same from puberty to death.I remembered a random bit of trivia, gleaned from who knows where. Charlie Chaplin was in his seventies when he fathered his youngest child. Men had no such thing as child-bearing years or cycles of fertility."

Edward still had his "swimmers" as you called them, because men do not ever lose them. They never go away. A man does not need to change to impregnante a woman. Edward had "swimmers" when he was a human at the age of 17, and he still does now, a litle over 100 years later, because as Meyer's likes to think, the "swimmers" never go anywhere.

Now, as for Meyer's religion. Please correct me if I am wrong or if I offend anyone of the Mormon religion.

First, Bella is 17 when she meets and begins dating Edward. Mormons cannot date until they are 16. They do not have sex until after they are married, mormons are not supposed to have premarital sex. And lastly, mormon women are intended to reproduce a lot. To give birth to healthy mormon babies. Meyer's could not dutifully be a mormon and not have the main female character in her book, not get pregnant.

Hope this helps. =]

but Edward's "swimmers", after 100 or so years, are long since stale.
he would still need to be producing more as time went by, but as he can not change, he therefore can not produce more.
(plus u can not tell me that a 17 year old guy, living 100 years, would not have ever once masterbated out what "swimmers" he already had.....)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm
Master Azrael Reaper
MadameEx

As Meyer states;

Hope this helps. =]

but Edward's "swimmers", after 100 or so years, are long since stale.
he would still need to be producing more as time went by, but as he can not change, he therefore can not produce more.
(plus u can not tell me that a 17 year old guy, living 100 years, would not have ever once masterbated out what "swimmers" he already had.....)

Haha, yes yes, teenage boys and their boredom. This is where Stephanie Meyers ignorance comes in.
I suppose if we were to ask her she would probably say that men don't need to change in order to produce their "swimmers."Now, we all know how incredibly wrong she is, but hey, she needed to fill some pages and what better way would there be then to get her character pregnant with a baby that's gonna kill her? It's perfect. Until someone begins to question the logic and sees that there IS NONE!
Plus, good mormon boys don't masturbate. Good religious boys as a whole, do not do anything sexual until marriage.  

MadameEx

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:56 am
Religous boys so do. I know lots of catholic boys. They are worse than you might think.

Any way, It does help in some ways. I am merely questioning her logic and the mechanics at how it works to better understand it.

Mrs Meyer's needs to explain her idea more. I think. Its not logical enough or logical enough for some to understand. In any Case Thank you MademeEx.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 am
Lus-cloud
Religious boys so do. I know lots of catholic boys. They are worse than you might think.

Any way, It does help in some ways. I am merely questioning her logic and the mechanics at how it works to better understand it.

Mrs Meyer's needs to explain her idea more. I think. Its not logical enough or logical enough for some to understand. In any Case Thank you MadameEx.

I know they actually do. But no no, not a good sweet little mormon boy. According to Meyer. My boyfriend is catholic and I can assure you that he is in fact, the furthest thing from innocent or "good."

Her "logic" is faulty. I love the books, there are parts of them where only a good writer can accurately describe what is being felt, like when Edward left in New Moon. It really does feel like that. But, as you said, she does in fact, need to develop her ideas to a much higher level or at least explain her "logic."

In any case, you are very welcome. Glad I could help, even if just a small bit. =]  

MadameEx

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 am
I don't like Edwards, but your right when you say she explains the feelings of bella well..  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff