Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
can robots really "think"? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andirigible

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:46 pm
In very short words: A computer is only as smart as its programmer.

If we don't have the knowledge, how can a computer possibly have that knowledge? Of course, computers are much more logical, but that really only means they can come to the same conclusion we can, just faster. Being the most intelligent species on the planet, our brains are phenomena that even computers can't logicalize.

Like Intelife said, AI is a very complex program. In order to make artifically intelligent beings, you've got to program not only where it will look or move, but how it will react.

If you really want to learn about AI, I'd suggest looking at Honda's ASIMO. ((Warning: ASIMO may blow your socks off... and he's kinda cute, too.))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:06 am
I think "Robots" can think for themselves given they have free will programs running.If a robot has enough knowledge they will become more independant and more likely to think for themselves.But when that happens they may rebel against human kind cause we may seem inferior to them in many ways with emotions and feelings of hatred and love for one another.  

the greatest wizard

Andirigible

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:02 pm
Free will programs, as of today, don't exactly exist in the sense that computers and "robots" still think inside the box, if you will. "Free will programs" would take up so much processing power it would take more than a few supercomputers to control it, a technology that we haven't exactly gotten portable yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:48 am
Paradoxical Redundancy
Free will programs, as of today, don't exactly exist in the sense that computers and "robots" still think inside the box, if you will. "Free will programs" would take up so much processing power it would take more than a few supercomputers to control it, a technology that we haven't exactly gotten portable yet.

What a way to make me blue now......they will exist though......you may have taken my hope of that away..  

the greatest wizard

Tyrannotaur

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:38 am
Recently scientists have created a robot that is controlled by a group of rat brain cells in a petri dish. this is a blog entry about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:09 am
robots are as smart as their creaters that I know but what if it has lots of different people to program how they would solve one solution then they would be close to thinking outside the box and they may get feelings like if you take different personalities and insert it in the robot's program and have it tell the human bodies apart and and all maybe something like robotboy except he was programed by only one person but still don't we have the possiblty of doing that that? 'cept it be better off not to put any criminal thoughts in its program mrgreen sorry about the grammer sweatdrop  

FoxDemonNarutoGurl

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces