Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)
The Amazing Digi-Race! *Done* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lumarinam

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:40 am
The day of the race was lovely, the sun beating down on the desert terrain. 10 laps around here wouldn't be an easy feat. Especially in this heat. It was almost 100 degrees, and it wasn't even noon yet! The digimon in the stands were already sweating, cheering for the digimon that were racing today. Bets were placed, stakes were high, and the tension was getting thicker as the race approached.

The digimon most had placed their bets on was the obvious choice, Sleiphmon. The digimon was built like a horse! With hooves like those, there was absolutely no way that he could loose! You could tell he thought the same, he didn't look nervous at all. These rookie racers hadn't a clue what they were getting into. He was the Sleipen Monster, the red devil, Kentaourosmon in the flesh!

Mirage Gaogomon wasn't new to the racing world, and had raced against Sleiphmon before. He was a rookie then, and almost had him. He was so close! A simple twenty foot lead and he would have had that over grown centaur's butt kicked for sure. But this time would be different, he knew it would; and many digimon in the stands felt the same.

He didn't have as many banners or flashy decorations and overall fans on his side, but he was persistent, and so were those cheering him on.

Lastly? There was Raidramon. The "newbie" when it came to these races. The armor level digimon swished his tail and growled, not letting these two try and intimidate him. So what if he wasn't at a mega level? He was just as quick as these two bolt heads. They thought their expierience alone could win this for them! Well, they had something coming.

The digimon grinned, looking up at the other digimon's gazes. "Good luck." He said slickly, leaping into position for the race. Mirage Gaogomon nodded toward him, grunting in approval in a silent 'you too' of his own. Sleiphmon chuckled lightly, steping over to his spot. He didn't awknowledge either of them, ready to get this over with.

"On you mark!" The digimon up in the standbox yelled, his voice echoing on the sound system. "Get Set!" The audience went silent, everyone and the digimon they were routing for waiting for one word. . . "GOOOOO!!!"

As predicted, Sleipmon took the lead, his hooves hitting the ground hard, and any poor digimon that came between he and the finish line would think they were in the middle of a stampede! The digimon on his side cheered, bursting into applause and screams and noise.

But Raidramon wouldn't let him have the lead like that. "Thunder blast!" He yelled, and his horn lit up, sending him flying forward, thunder flowing through his veins. The dragon digimon grinned at Sleipmon as he passed him up, finishing his first lap.

Mirage Gaogomon huffed, throwing his legs forward, and pumping his arms. These two wouldn't easily make a fool of him. He was in this race to win! He was almost a whole lap behind, but that wasn't affecting him in the least. Not so early in the race. He, unlike them, had quite the secret weapon.

So the race went on, two, three, four laps being done in a similiar fashion. Raidramon and Sleiphmon were neck and neck, and Mirage Gaogomon was always a bit behind. But when lap seven rolled around? He wasn't having that anymore. "Quick speed!" He spoke his attack, and for a moment, he seemed to be moving at a speed that wasn't see-able.

His fans cheered, yelling and throwing jeers at the poor fans of the six legged beast that was about to be left in the dust. But Sleiphmon seemed to be expecting this. Indeed, this was the same trick that he pulled as MachGaogomon in their last race. "Odin's breath!" He yelled, and ice flew from his mouth, making the air suddenly cold.

This formed a mist that Mach Gaogomon definently wasn't expecting. But that wasn't all the attack did. Slowly, the steaming race track gathered a thin layer of ice, making it slippery and almost impossible to keep his footing.

Raidramon snarled, wasn't there some kind of rule or somethign against this? Sleipmon's heavy hooves easily stommped through the ice, but Raidramon and Mirage Gaogomon were light on their feet. Well, time to make things fair again! "Lightning Blade!" The blade on the armour digimon's head sizzled, filling with energy and zipping onto the race track, destroying the ice from there to the finish line.

Sleipmon cursed under his breath, Mirage Gaogomon quickly heading for the lead once more. He held a thumbs up at Raidramon, ziping past him as well. The two digimon passed Sleiphmon, and were up on their final lap. Sleiphmon was hot on their heels, less than a couple of feet behind.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the final stretch!!!" The announcer yelled, and the entire crowd errupred into screams of the racers's names.

Raidramon leapt forward, these last few leaps would tell who the winner would be. He had this in the bag! This race was his, he could easily outrun this overgrown puppy.

Mirage Gaogomon knew that he was behind, and if he didn't do something right this second, he would loose. Too bad that was way too easy, and wasn't happening in this race. "Sonic Move!" He yelled, and he zipped past the finish lines faster than the camera could catch him. The digimon huffed, looking back at the two baffled racers.

"I don't believe it!" The announcer said, breaking the silence. "It seems like Mirage Gaogomon has won by a landslide! Give it up for our new Digi-cup Winner!" The feeling of victory was a very, very sweet thing, and Mirage Gaogomon now knew that. "Yes!" He yelled, pumping a fist up to his side of the crowd.

"Gao-go-mon! Gao-go-mon! Gao-go-mon!"

The digimon hopped onto his 1st place spot at center field, Raidramon following suit and taking second. He was pretty bummed, but not as pissed as Sleipmon. The centaur digimon glared, his first loss coming as a sore one.

Raidramon grinned at the both of them as Mirage Gaogomon was handed his trophy. "Rematch anyone?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 am
Damn... I didn't even get a chance to roll... and I can't roleplay well  

Draco_Lord

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 am
due just rool draco there is still forth place  
AbideByReality rolled 2 20-sided dice: 13, 4 Total: 17 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:59 am
I'll try to win fourth for ya draco.  

AbideByReality

Unbeatable Survivor

8,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
AbideByReality rolled 2 20-sided dice: 16, 11 Total: 27 (2-40)

AbideByReality

Unbeatable Survivor

8,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:00 am
Try number two  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:01 am
Okay looks like it's time to RP...  

AbideByReality

Unbeatable Survivor

8,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Tokokizora

Quotable Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 am
This Hand of mine is burning red it's loud roars tells me to grasp victory...
I'll keep it
...ERUPTING BURNING FINGER SEKIHA TENKYOKEN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 am
I'm only taking two more roleplay contestants, so yeah....hurry up if you want a spot.  

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
greem rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 18 Total: 23 (2-40)

greem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:09 am
BUMP  
greem rolled 2 20-sided dice: 1, 11 Total: 12 (2-40)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:11 am
BUMP  

greem

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 am
dude a contest in one day? wow...

anyone want to zomg?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:22 am
I intended for this one to be quick, since everyone's getting tired of the long ones.  

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

Teh Ace of Shades

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:35 am
SAVE A SLOT FOR ME! I WANT TO ROLEPLAY! <3  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am
okay...then I may increase the limit to five, for there are a few people who I know would get mad if they didn't get a chance.  

Sorgaren

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
Draco_Lord rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 9 Total: 19 (2-40)

Draco_Lord

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:43 am
Last place!  
Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out