Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's the meaning of life? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkHyacinth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:18 pm
What is the meaning of life?
No...."what" is not the meaning of life
I don't think that there is one true purpose why we're here, to merely be, to exist and embrace life as it comes, to follow your adventure wherever it goes.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:39 pm
The meaning of life is to be happy doing what you do everyday for the rest of your existance. 3nodding

also 42 biggrin  

Chacka Boom

Kachan36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:08 am
There is no meaning of life. Life only occurs because of a series of fortuitous accidents that allowed molecules to arrange themselves into highly organized clusters of cells that form individual creatures. Essentially, we are nothing more than protons and neutrons, and whatever it is they are made of. There is no particular reason, or higher purpose, for which we exist. We just are until we die and our molecules break apart to reform into something else.

Or, at least, that's what I like to think.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:45 pm
I think the meaning of life is to enjoy it, and live it, to the fullest extent

Fire Gwen

Amythyzt

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 pm
Some might say 42 because of Hitchhikers Guide.

Personally, I think it's fulfilling a destiny in whatever path you choose. All of us are here for a reason, even if its just sitting in the corner, munching on snack food, or being the "bad example" for people to guide their children by.

Of course, who is to say it isnt some simple scientific process encompassing the start to finish of LIFE and none of it means anything. Every action has equal and opposite reaction. Funny how Laws of Physics are the only one's we stick to anymore...  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:37 pm
aliasJaneDoe
I've been wondering this lately and would like to discuss. I don't care wether your answer is religions or a sort of hippy, "it's the universe man!" You can be new agey or whatever else you want. I just want people's opinions on the subject.

If you're religious and your answer has to do with your religion, please share it anyway. It doesn't matter at all what religion you're from.

All answers will be accepted and discussed. Especially since no one can prove that they're right for sure. These are, after all, opinions; not facts.

So; meaning of life. Discuss.

Do you honestly believe there is a set one? If all life is coincidental, like I believe, then all life was a mistake, which means there was, and is, no purpose besides the one that we choose to make our own. This only works for sentients, because cows are still going to become my burgers.  

Vakna

Devastun Jarrous

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:25 pm
Kachan36
There is no meaning of life. Life only occurs because of a series of fortuitous accidents that allowed molecules to arrange themselves into highly organized clusters of cells that form individual creatures. Essentially, we are nothing more than protons and neutrons, and whatever it is they are made of. There is no particular reason, or higher purpose, for which we exist. We just are until we die and our molecules break apart to reform into something else.

Or, at least, that's what I like to think.

As bleak as it seems, this is 100% correct. Why? Because everything else in the natural world lives and dies by this structure of "being" and we're no exclusion. The marginal difference separating humans is that we can form all kinds individual thoughts and from these chance thoughts stem a whole host of philosophies, beliefs, creeds, "meanings" and what have you. We are alive today because the mammalian kingdom and primate family are highly adaptive and opportunistic carrying our evolution thus far, we ourselves are in line to carry the primates through existence. I'm not trying to bash any strict beliefs or stands but this is the pure truth of organisms and essentially, life itself. I'm just saying that this is extremely evident in all of nature and we are a finite part of nature, but if you look at yourself as "above" the natural order, you won't fully develop your mind to think freely. I urge you to consider the natural world when considering yourself, things will become clearer.  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:11 pm
The meaning of life is......up to u. Life's meaning is different to every1 based on what you believe and waht you hold to dear to u. There is no absolute answer.  

Scarlett_Rose_Spark

LunaMaeMoon

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:06 am
Meaning of life is LOVE!

11:11 Love is the Law; Love at Will  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:26 pm
I belive that the meaning of life is that you should take whatever is given/thrown at you straight and never look back.

Life is all about learning, loving, forgiving and achieving. I believe that it is a huge journey that prepares you for what may be beyond life.

I believe that alot of bad things happen to us in life so that we are made stronger and know what right from wrong is =]  

sambart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:54 am
It's a movie by Monty Python.

Seriously though, life has whatever meaning you give it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:02 am
the meaning of life has different meanings depending on the person 3nodding the meaning of life is what is important to someone, what keeps them going day by day and everyday. from anywhere from to living for that certain person or killing that certain person. usually when someone doesnt have a meaning they end up committing suicide. a meaning of life can also be hate as well as love because you love to hate that person wink  

Setos_angel

bePeterPan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:17 pm
I'd still say 42.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:27 am
there is no meaning to life its whatever meaning u find while living so YOU make your own meaning to this life  

choji-kun123

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:01 pm
The meaning of life is people have to wear 42 more hats while eating more cheese. Yes I mixed Hitchhiker's and Monty Python accept it.

But to be serious my view of the meaning of life or at least my life is to treat people as kindly as possible do what I can to alleviate other's suffering while trying to hold true to Chivalry as best I can in a continuously modernising society. Corny, kind and truthful god is V hopeless heh  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff