Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
orientation..... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Britainian_Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:26 am
I'm straight,
I'm a guy and while I can think of either sexes as attractive being gay is just wrong. If we were supposed to be Bi then we should all be able to reproduce asexually, since reproduction is the reason for sex.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:34 pm
Britainian_Knight
I'm straight,
I'm a guy and while I can think of either sexes as attractive being gay is just wrong. If we were supposed to be Bi then we should all be able to reproduce asexually, since reproduction is the reason for sex.

Then why are so many animals in the world gay or bisexual? Obviously it must be natural then.

Reproduction is not the only reason for sex. Look at the binobos (apes related to chimps). Withing their society, they use sex for many reasons, including calming down aggitated binobos, bonding, and to ease boredom. AND... they are bisexual as well. They'll even have group sex, verging on orgies.

Hmm... sounds like we're not that far off.  

Deppfan

Britainian_Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 am
don't get me wrong there are benefits to sex but the reason is reproduction, and I've honestly never heard of a gay type of animal, so it must be on a small scale. Just because nature produced it doesn't make something natural, what you're talking about is a personality trait, of which none are natural because we make them ourselves.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:15 pm
There are a decent number of animals that have non-hetero relations just need to actually go out and learn and I refuse to accept gay or bisexual as wrong since I've read up on some studies that indicate it's genetic which is entirely possible as someone earlier said those leaning towards homo over hetero tend to have opposite gendered minds also coupled with our lack of understanding of our own genetic code I'd definitely say it's possible. (Not bringing God or Biblerific 'fun' into this since I neither care for or believe in it though it is an interesting read with some good moral points but this isn't about religion so scrubbled out)

I'm personally straight I can't recall the last time I've looked at a guy and went 'He doesn't look too bad' but I don't see anything at all wrong with being gay or bi minus the exception of the bi's who go for polygamy for the simple reason 'I like both I can have both' I find that disrespectful but still not wrong go for who you love if you're a girl who likes girls cool or a guy who likes guys go for it and just ignore the bashers they never have anything nice to say so as in the age old words my parents and likely many others have been told "If you don't have something nice to say shut the h*** up and go to your corner".

V has spoken  

Nerevar Fatehand

ninja-boi92

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:14 pm
orientation is something that is encoded into your brain from birth. its as much apart of your natural make-up as your eye color, or your skin color(assuming you havent changed it.) and, you cant just change yourself. if youre straight, then you like people of the opposite sex, and youll like them for the rest of your life. you wont be able to change that. same if youre gay. youll like people of the same sex for the rest of your life.

also, on a slightly unrelated note, people are too stuck on the straight, bi, gay thing. they see it in black and white, when there is a myriad of stuff in between. take me for example. im straight. i like women, and i dont like men(like that). however, on occasion, i have found myself looking at a guy, and thinking to myself what itd be like to be gay for said guy. ive never actually been physically attracted, but ive still wondered. i see this a lot in other people as well.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff