Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Household items you might use to thwart an intruder. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If your home is invaded . . .
  You should be able to do whatever it takes to protect yourself!
  You should only be able to defend yourelf in a humane manner.
  You should only flee or hide. Defending yourself is wrong.
  . . .
View Results

skittlemaster42

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 am
DvnT
And thus why I keep everything of value to me in my bedroom with only one -locked- way to get in. Because there is no way that I girl my age, weight and strength could defend herself against anybody. I'm legally not allowed to have guns, knives, explosives, any "Shooting weapons,"[including pepper spray] or a tazzer. If I were to punch someone, I could be tried as an adult.
And yet they expect me to be safe?
*Angry now and feels unprotected.*

You should put a hole in your floor and cover it with a rug. That way, its the burglars fault for being clumsy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:53 am
zphal_girl87
*Shoots them with a shotgun, twice*

*Starts punching the dead body in the face, until it becomes an irrecognizable pulp*

Ta-da! biggrin
a CQB Tactical 12 gauge shotgun whould be nice whee ~

but use Sigurney Weaver's pulse rifle instead 4laugh ~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Ritter Mayura

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

White Tiger Akutare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:06 am
What would i grab?
A gun that shoots SHURIKENS AND LIGHTNING  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:09 am
White Tiger Akutare
What would i grab?
you mean ... Unreal's Lightning Gun ? confused ~

Ritter Mayura

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:15 am
Ritter Mayura
White Tiger Akutare
What would i grab?

It lacks shurikens. I'd use a land shark gun
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:22 am
White Tiger Akutare
What would i grab?
And in the end, the love you take
::want::

Is equal to the love you make.

Sockadactyl

White Tiger Akutare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am
Watch this, it spends a lot of time talking about a gun that shoots shurikens and lighting, and what game actually has it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57-Painkiller

Oh, and i'd make sure no one else can hear what you're listening to....  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:31 am
People break into my house they will be leaving with broken bones and black eyes. But i guess the nearest weapon i would grab is a bokken on top of my desk if I'm in a kitchen i would grab the sharpest knife i can find.  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am
Soul of Aqua
Ritter Mayura
White Tiger Akutare
What would i grab?

It lacks shurikens. I'd use a land shark gun

I would use the BFG

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:33 am
Here's a fun story to throw in the face of criminals everywhere:

A buddy of mine was staying at a friend of his' house. They were having a grand ol' time, stayin up, drinking, playing poker. (Texas Hold 'Em, if I remember correctly). Well, at around 2:30 in the morning, my friend's friend heard a loud crash, followed by a scream from his girlfriend, who was in his bedroom at the time. Both friends bolted down the hall and found this brick wall of a black guy standing there, his pockets stuffed with her jewellery. He had snuck in through the window and had been picking this stuff up while she was sleeping in the same room.

Oddly enough, my buddy reacted first. Now bear in mind, he's a muscular guy, but he was giving up about a foot and a half in height to this guy. Didin't matter. He leapt on the intruder and started beating the ever-living crap out of the guy, took him to the ground, and kept going to town on his face. Finally, his buddy (the house owner) grabs my friend and hauls him off the intruder, then HE starts kicking the crap out of him. When the guy is bloody and battered, and not moving very much, the home owner goes and grabs a can of Axe body spray and a lighter. (we can see where this is going, right?)

So, when the cops showed up a few minutes later, there he was, still torching the guy, who was screaming bloody murder as his face was crispening. The cops camew in, guns drawn, then started laughing hysterically, and stood there while this guy burned a few more skin cells off of the intruder. They finally stepped in and handcuffed the intruder, then hauled him out onto the front yard, which was all dirt, and shoved him face-down into the dirt, and held him there until an ambulance arrived. Apparently, even without a face, they could see enough of the tattoo the guy had on the back of his neck. The intruder was a local gang-banging piece of s**t wanted for several other robberies, two counts of assault, and one murder.

This story has an even happier ending. The Homeowner, and my friend, both got off scott-free, without so much as a day in court to testify. The cops took their statements, shook the pyro's hand, and damn near threw the crispy critter ******** into the ambulance. He's locked up to this day, still minus a face.  

Patrick No-name

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am
Patrick Teague
Here's a fun story to throw in the face of criminals everywhere:

A buddy of mine was staying at a friend of his' house. They were having a grand ol' time, stayin up, drinking, playing poker. (Texas Hold 'Em, if I remember correctly). Well, at around 2:30 in the morning, my friend's friend heard a loud crash, followed by a scream from his girlfriend, who was in his bedroom at the time. Both friends bolted down the hall and found this brick wall of a black guy standing there, his pockets stuffed with her jewellery. He had snuck in through the window and had been picking this stuff up while she was sleeping in the same room.

Oddly enough, my buddy reacted first. Now bear in mind, he's a muscular guy, but he was giving up about a foot and a half in height to this guy. Didin't matter. He leapt on the intruder and started beating the ever-living crap out of the guy, took him to the ground, and kept going to town on his face. Finally, his buddy (the house owner) grabs my friend and hauls him off the intruder, then HE starts kicking the crap out of him. When the guy is bloody and battered, and not moving very much, the home owner goes and grabs a can of Axe body spray and a lighter. (we can see where this is going, right?)

So, when the cops showed up a few minutes later, there he was, still torching the guy, who was screaming bloody murder as his face was crispening. The cops camew in, guns drawn, then started laughing hysterically, and stood there while this guy burned a few more skin cells off of the intruder. They finally stepped in and handcuffed the intruder, then hauled him out onto the front yard, which was all dirt, and shoved him face-down into the dirt, and held him there until an ambulance arrived. Apparently, even without a face, they could see enough of the tattoo the guy had on the back of his neck. The intruder was a local gang-banging piece of s**t wanted for several other robberies, two counts of assault, and one murder.

This story has an even happier ending. The Homeowner, and my friend, both got off scott-free, without so much as a day in court to testify. The cops took their statements, shook the pyro's hand, and damn near threw the crispy critter ******** into the ambulance. He's locked up to this day, still minus a face.

That is a awesome story. *applauds*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 am
Zatenai

even more awesomer because it's true. Where I live, we don't have sympathy for criminals, or gang-bangers.  

Patrick No-name

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:42 am
!SoCk_FeTiSh!
I'm with you on this one.
It's absolutely rediculous that people can get in trouble for self defence.
You have every right to scare the intruder off in any way.
Criminals are given too much sympathy, like one case I heard.
A man was breaking into someone's house through the skylight,
he fell and broke his leg and then successfully sued the homeowner.
What madness is that?
And another, I don't remember it exactly, but it went along the lines of:
a late teen-early tweny year old girl's ex-boyfriend
came to the girl's house when the family was out in the yard.
He grabbed the girl and, from what I understand, tried to kidnap her.
The girl's dad chased the guy with a bat or something.
The dad was charged with "assault with a deadly weapon."
A man came onto his property and tried to take his daughter!
What do they expect him to do?!
It really ticks me off.
Oh, and the girl's ex didn't get in trouble : emotion_facepalm :
If anyone broke into my house, I'd hit them with whatever I could reach,
and if I got in trouble for it, I would fight that case with all I had.

I honestly thought that skylight story involved the guy getting cut on some kitchen knives he landed on or around, and won the case... Either way, it's still ridiculous, especially considering it was his fault.

I'm totally with ya Strideo. I'm gonna get out whatever I can get my hands on and whack away.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:42 am
Patrick Teague
Zatenai

even more awesomer because it's true. Where I live, we don't have sympathy for criminals, or gang-bangers.

Same here they just shot a serial killer where i live.  

Zat In The Hat

Hilarious Capitalist

Sockadactyl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am
White Tiger Akutare
Watch this, it spends a lot of time talking about a gun that shoots shurikens and lighting, and what game actually has it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/57-Painkiller

Oh, and i'd make sure no one else can hear what you're listening to....
I need that game XD

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out