Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
If you believe in God -To the easily offended: don't read- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe this?
  yes
  no
View Results

Elastic Yellow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:19 am
I really, really don't know why, but that whole responce made me laugh so hard I almost peed myself. Actually, I think I do know why...

Because you just did exactly what I did, even though you were complaining about it in that post.

True, I was disrespectful to Christians or whatever. I admit that, and I'm kinda sorry. But you're being disrespectful to me. Just thougt I would bring that up. ;]

Oh, and by the way, don't say that I deserved it. Have a little more creativity than that, would you??

Thank you, I shall be leaving now. :|

Forever agnostic,
Elastic Yellow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm
Elastic Yellow
I really, really don't know why, but that whole responce made me laugh so hard I almost peed myself. Actually, I think I do know why...

Because you just did exactly what I did, even though you were complaining about it in that post.

True, I was disrespectful to Christians or whatever. I admit that, and I'm kinda sorry. But you're being disrespectful to me. Just thougt I would bring that up. ;]

Oh, and by the way, don't say that I deserved it. Have a little more creativity than that, would you??

Forever agnostic,
Elastic Yellow

I'm glad you found it so funny!
And here i was feeling guilty about being so harsh, now I can be at ease.
oh, and, "Thougt" is spelled "thought"
"responce" is spelled "response"
Best of luck to you:
Yuuki Aoyagi.

ps: no offense intended.  

Yuuki Aoyagi

JasonVoorhees44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:54 pm
User Image

User Image
( ^click the pic above^ )
( O.O I got goose bumps from that. I do believe in God, I knowI kill people, but they were gonna die from STDs of Drugs anyways. I just brought it closer. )
~Silent but DEADLY~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:46 pm
Yuuki Aoyagi
Elastic Yellow

Forever agnostic,
Elastic Yellow

Best of luck to you:
Yuuki Aoyagi.

You know, Yuuki, I really have a problem with how you react to people when they make any comment to what you have posted besides, "OMG I love God too and everything you have stolen from somewhere else and just pasted here is right! LOLOLOLOL"

You get defensive and attack things that have nothing really to do with their actual response to what you "wrote."  

Deppfan

User 15282449

Premium Garbage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:54 am
Yuuki Aoyagi
Eqo
A transcribed piece of chain mail, eh?
Lovely.

Never Fear, dear friend, I've taken the time to Add a Warning Label.

Hopefully, this will be the last time someone is so deeply distressed due to this topic.

Deepest Apologies: Yuuki Aoyagi

On a curious note relating to that Cassie song, it's probably based on a myth.

Isn't a letter usually written with the name on the very last line, typically underneath 'deepest apologies', as you've used, or 'love', as may be the case in others?
I assume that you're trying to imitate the format of a letter, as signing a post in such a fashion rarely implies anything else (and, of course, the fact that you used a post-script in a different post).

Anyways, enough of that.
Why does it disturb me?
Because, chain mail is by the very nature of itself not something that encourages thought. It gives people a simple Aesop by way of what is commonly a poorly written story, and tells them to propagate it further.
It is a distillation of a stronger thought that encourages people to read it, send it further, and forget it.
It does not ask someone to truly think any deep thoughts. If you could call Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus Pop Psychology, you could probably call this Pop Philosophy, if even that.

Something else that annoys me about these is that the story presented in them is almost never true.
They operate on much the same basis as the fake virus e-mails that used to go around.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:16 pm
Well, I couldn't say for others, but almost everything makes me think...
I just assumed is was human nature; To think.

Have i got it wrong?
oh well, it wouldn't be the first time...

Life goes on, or so i hope.

I realize that it must be very annoying, my spelling, punctuation, or lack-there-of.
But these "blows" are doing major damage to my self esteem, and it would be appreciated if you could keep your thoughts on that matter mentioned above to yourself.
I am doing everything i can to improve on this area, and your criticism is completely uncalled for,
And quite immature, i might add.
If you had good intentions when you pointed out my faults, I apologize.
I'm not good with constructive criticism, never have been.
it's one of my many faults.

Lastly:
i would like to point out, that like so many others, I am not a good christian, or even a good person for that matter.
when provoked, i do respond. something to do with my short temper,
or so I'm told.
Forgive me if this post doesn't suit you, I've never been good when it comes to pleasing people, I've always preferred the Truth.

Almost Regretfully:
Yuuki Aoyagi.  

Yuuki Aoyagi

Yuuki Aoyagi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm
Deppfan Teague
Yuuki Aoyagi
Elastic Yellow

Forever agnostic,
Elastic Yellow

Best of luck to you:
Yuuki Aoyagi.

You know, Yuuki, I really have a problem with how you react to people when they make any comment to what you have posted besides, "OMG I love God too and everything you have stolen from somewhere else and just pasted here is right! LOLOLOLOL"

You get defensive and attack things that have nothing really to do with their actual response to what you "wrote."

My post that you quoted above was my idea of an Apology.
The most of an apology my pride would allow.
so I'm not really sure i see your point, why quote an apology?
it just doesn't seem to fit.
This Problem you have, i'm not sure what i can do for you, but i would assume the best possible course of action (other than waiting for me to listen to this post and miraculously "change my ways") is to avoid me at all costs, or ignore me.

There will always be people in this world who will offend you in some way of another, how you choose to respond to these people can shape the kind of person you become.
People are always changing, and it is in my experience that they will rarely change to be the kind of people you can agree with.
My advice to you is to find what it is you truly care about, and focus on that.
I hope these disagreeable people will make less of an impact on your life, and you will learn to see that the people who really matter are the ones you wouldn't change a thing about (no matter how infuriating they can be)
And the people you would change, don't really matter at all, and are therefor not worth your time in the least.
The later party, sadly, includes me as well.

Only the Best of Luck to you!
Yuuki Aoyagi.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:16 pm
Yuuki Aoyagi
Deppfan Teague
Yuuki Aoyagi
Elastic Yellow

Forever agnostic,
Elastic Yellow

Best of luck to you:
Yuuki Aoyagi.

My post that you quoted above was my idea of an Apology.
The most of an apology my pride would allow.
so I'm not really sure i see your point, why quote an apology?
it just doesn't seem to fit.
This Problem you have, i'm not sure what i can do for you, but i would assume the best possible course of action (other than waiting for me to listen to this post and miraculously "change my ways") is to avoid me at all costs, or ignore me.

There will always be people in this world who will offend you in some way of another, how you choose to respond to these people can shape the kind of person you become.
People are always changing, and it is in my experience that they will rarely change to be the kind of people you can agree with.
My advice to you is to find what it is you truly care about, and focus on that.
I hope these disagreeable people will make less of an impact on your life, and you will learn to see that the people who really matter are the ones you wouldn't change a thing about (no matter how infuriating they can be)
And the people you would change, don't really matter at all, and are therefor not worth your time in the least.
The later party, sadly, includes me as well.

Only the Best of Luck to you!
Yuuki Aoyagi.

LOL...as if you're the first person that has ever rubbed me the wrong way. It's a fact of my life that I clash with many people, and so I eventually do ignore them to the best of my ability.

In my post, I was just letting you know how I felt, in the calmest way I could, so I would not burst out in anger at your ego.

Bye then!  

Deppfan

User 15282449

Premium Garbage

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:07 pm
Yuuki Aoyagi

Of course, few things exist that don't allow for thought in one way or another.
That doesn't mean that thought across the board is of a higher order, though.
Things that encourage little thought, or weak thought, or so on, do not command the same respect for the most part.

Of that you should not worry.
Your spelling (which I haven't much noticed to be deficient, I've no clue why you put that in), your punctuation (I haven't noticed much to be wrong in this realm either, other than the minor matter of how letters are formatted), these do not irk me in the least.

You do say that you prefer the truth above pleasing others.
Should you not then realize how it would be important to accept criticism, rather than run the risk of being wrong?
Applying your beliefs to yourself may be hard. Hypocrisy is something that happens to most everyone, and is never very fun to have pointed out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:58 pm
You know what I will ruin myself for saying this, but the Bible is offensive to most I find it offensive but I am still a Christian you guys just came here and as soon as you read that whole post maybe even before, you started attacking my God I would die for my Lord because he died for me.

Luke 9:23-27 (KJV)

And he said to them all, "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God."

But for those who still attack this man, you are hypocrite's do not attack this man's faults deal with your own you have your issues, don't you dare attack anyone for their issues you do damage to them, i challenge one of you who has no problem's of their own to respond to me and attack me for my sins, there is only one man who can do that and that is God.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Slaasher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm
it seems to me that it is incredibly easy to knock at christian beliefs, hell I was thinking of some kind of post to attack that article when I started reading the comments. And let me tell you people something... to put it simply: you are being really difficult. I mean both the christians and the non-christians, because it seems you guys have divided yourselves among that line.

of course that does mean I am being like the over-zealot above me who is quoting from a book that was writing a couple thousand years ago, except taking it from the non-christian view.

there is no reason to try and take their beliefs away from them, christians will be christians... non-christians will be non-christians and will forever be at each other's throats. But this is gaia, a nice website that I doubt was meant to have this much negativity, so if everyone would play nice it would be a good way not to dislike someone simply for what they believe in.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:26 pm
Slaasher
of course that does mean I am being like the over-zealot above me who is quoting from a book that was writing a couple thousand years ago, except taking it from the non-christian view.

Yes as you can see God's word is just another book written by people thousands of years ago, but I am in no way offended by that post you have brought me up on charges of being a christian and I must plead guilty.

But yet you do not get it Christian's will be Christian's which means we wont stop until the whole world hears God's word and either accept's it or rejects it, that is our mission not to sit and wait for the world to end and God to pass the final judgment on the Earth we try to save lives.

Slaasher
there is no reason to try and take their beliefs away from them, christians will be christians... non-christians will be non-christians and will forever be at each other's throats. But this is gaia, a nice website that I doubt was meant to have this much negativity, so if everyone would play nice it would be a good way not to dislike someone simply for what they believe in.

I beg to differ I cannot like someone who openly or in their heart denies my God. Show me the rule in the T.O.S that denies me my first ammendment right.

Slaasher
it seems to me that it is incredibly easy to knock at christian beliefs, hell I was thinking of some kind of post to attack that article when I started reading the comments. And let me tell you people something... to put it simply: you are being really difficult. I mean both the christians and the non-christians, because it seems you guys have divided yourselves among that line.

The Human race divided us, it isn't contained to this topic.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 pm
Yes, I believe in God.

Everyone is free to believe in what they want to. I have no problem with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:56 pm
well that was rather sad...  

Tearstains

3,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Yuuki Aoyagi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:37 pm
Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.
It made me happy to be allowed to read your posts (All of them) on this subject.

Your Maturity when dealing with others amazes me.

I'm not sure why, but coming back and reading all these posts made me proud. (not my own, of course, they just made me sigh, for obvious reasons.)

Anyway, forgive my babble, i just wanted to thank you all.

(I still sound much too arrogant, but i did not mean it that way, so I hope you will forgive me.)

xd

Have fun!  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas