Submit

klonoa1205

Hilarious Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 pm
xD nope i don't think so becuase i don't remember trying my dragonite on a wifi battle against anyone, but ya good battle. still trying to work on them though thats why i needed a battle. and no i really don't like breading at all, but most of them have pretty good ivs though. And i do go for ivs sorta but >,< i really hate ivs, they screwed up my umbreons hp has 1 iv in hp, and 31 in spd, sp def 18 and def: was low but don't remember. and ya i ev train. but i mostly shiny hunt so i care less about winning or losing a battle :3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:28 pm
klonoa1205
xD nope i don't think so becuase i don't remember trying my dragonite on a wifi battle against anyone, but ya good battle. still trying to work on them though thats why i needed a battle. and no i really don't like breading at all, but most of them have pretty good ivs though. And i do go for ivs sorta but >,< i really hate ivs, they screwed up my umbreons hp has 1 iv in hp, and 31 in spd, sp def 18 and def: was low but don't remember. and ya i ev train. but i mostly shiny hunt so i care less about winning or losing a battle :3

It's good that winning isn't a high priority. smile (I guess I collect IV bred, EV trained pokemon... 51 non-ubers ready for battle, 27 ubers, and currently 6 pokemon waiting to be EV trained.)

On the other hand, there's a huge weakness created because of how much my pool of available pokemon has grown since my last actual battle and how little I've used most of them. (That was the first battle for that Aerodactyl and that Gyarados... I don't think that Blissey has seen combat against another human...)  

Nadian
Crew

klonoa1205

Hilarious Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Nadian
klonoa1205

It's good that winning isn't a high priority. smile (I guess I collect IV bred, EV trained pokemon... 51 non-ubers ready for battle, 27 ubers, and currently 6 pokemon waiting to be EV trained.)

On the other hand, there's a huge weakness created because of how much my pool of available pokemon has grown since my last actual battle and how little I've used most of them. (That was the first battle for that Aerodactyl and that Gyarados... I don't think that Blissey has seen combat against another human...)

wow, xD thats a lot, btw i have an extra shiny umbreon up for trade, just throwing that in there if interested :3 but Aerodactyl was a perfect test for my Raichu xD only if it didnt have that focus sash though. gyrados, i hardly remember anything from of actually, and blissey i really don't like using, im more of snorlax or umbreon walls. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:47 pm
klonoa1205
Nadian
klonoa1205

wow, xD thats a lot, btw i have an extra shiny umbreon up for trade, just throwing that in there if interested :3 but Aerodactyl was a perfect test for my Raichu xD only if it didnt have that focus sash though. gyrados, i hardly remember anything from of actually, and blissey i really don't like using, im more of snorlax or umbreon walls. :3

The unexpected usage of Attract on my Gyarados really put a stop to his strategy. 3nodding (Now that I think about it, I probably should have just used Waterfall and kept the substitute up, *then* use Dragon Dance for the next pokemon...)

For me, Blissey is the sexiest ball of lard around. Heck, you experienced first-hand the damage sponging terrors of the pink egg of doom. eek  

Nadian
Crew

klonoa1205

Hilarious Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 pm
xD only if my umbreon was ready, sadly its still not crying and attract with paralysis = 100% that you won't do anything, its 75% chance with infatuation, and 25% chance of paralysis, plus chance of flinching from air slash :3 hmm now that i think about it, good with mean look combo :3 and xD im a clefable of doom, beat someone using their own sandstorm 3nodding

still not a big fan of blissey though :3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:24 pm
Although that isn't quite how it works. The events are treated independently so if you want to find the probability that somebody will make it through paralysis, attraction, and flinch...

According to Smogon and Bulbapedia, infatuation is a 50% chance to do nothing, or 1/2.

Paralysis is a 25% chance to do nothing, or 1/4.

Air Slash has a 30% chance to flinch, but if your Togekiss has Serene Grace that raises the chance to 60%. So, that's 3/10 or 3/5, respectively.

Now, we're looking for the chance that the pokemon avoids all of those so we need to find the chances for each one not happening...

1 - 1/2 = 1/2
1 - 1/4 = 3/4
1 - 3/10 = 7/10
1 - 3/5 = 2/5

Then multiply fractions appropriately...

1/2 * 3/4 * 7/10 = 21/80 ~= 26.25%
1/2 * 3/4 * 2/5 = 6/40 ~= 15%

So, the pokemon still has a 15% to 26.25% chance of breaking through...  

Nadian
Crew

klonoa1205

Hilarious Gaian

1,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:52 pm
haha it seems to work higher than that xD and i don't think it has serene grace, hmm but oh well, still annoying :3  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff