View Results

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:29 pm
I noticed that you realize that without God, life would be pointless. Thats quite the truth of the matter...it would. Every last pain, every last thing you suffer from, won't matter, because there would be no possible reason for it other than your suffering. Have you ever heard of the band Flyleaf? Well I went to this event called 'Rock the River' in St. Louis (it was also in other places). Well the lead singer told her testimony on how she became a Christian, so here it is:

When she was in her teens and preteens she didn't believe in God, was without a father, and her whole mission in life was to prove to others that God didn't exist. Well after awhile she started feeling depression. She kept dealing with it, till one day she felt it was pointless to go on. One morning she decided she would go on throughout the day and at the end, she would kill herself. Well that morning her Grandmother invited her to church and she decided to go. Well that Sunday the preacher preached her life story and she took it as nothing more than a coincidence, and fought the urge to go up to the alter. Well after the sermon had ended one of the Deacons from the church shook her and with tears in his eyes said something like this "God would be more of a father to you than your earthly father ever could." Her eyes filled with tears, and by the end of the day, she gave her life to Christ, and now her mission in life is to tell those on the brink of hopelessness that there is hope in this world and that hope is Christ.

And if you want some way to understand more listen/read to some of these guys: William Lane Craig, Ravi Zacharias, Frank Turek, C.S. Lewis, and G.K. Chesterton.
And some websites ' www.reasonablefaith.org ', ' www.leestrobel.com ', ' www.answersingenesis.org '.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:59 am
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/

Church of google.

But to be more serious. If you want to be one side or the other. Atheism is about accepting there is nothing more after life. it may seem sad and depressing but it's not. without the idea of an afterlife you're given the chance to live freely with fewer rules. Other then the ones in a social Contract that allow us to function as a society. It gives the chance to Cherish every moment in life as if it were your last. But You have to Accept it for yourself.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:40 am
cool4

Church of google.

But to be more serious. If you want to be one side or the other. Atheism is about accepting there is nothing more after life. it may seem sad and depressing but it's not. without the idea of an afterlife you're given the chance to live freely with fewer rules. Other then the ones in a social Contract that allow us to function as a society. It gives the chance to Cherish every moment in life as if it were your last. But You have to Accept it for yourself.

I'm glad somebody else sees it that way. I'm really tired of the viewpoint that without some sort of belief, life is meaningless.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:17 pm
Deppfan Teague
cool4

Church of google.

I'm glad somebody else sees it that way. I'm really tired of the viewpoint that without some sort of belief, life is meaningless.

Deppfan you have no idea how pointless life is without faith and i hope you might find out soon because you still have a chance to accept this Creator, your not dead yet, so Gods invitation is still there. as for Pullo I'm sorry but he is ready he has hit that point, deppfan you have a long way to go and i will pray for you. But for now i wont let you deceive him and i will stop at nothing to tell him the Truth. Deppfan read the bible even if you where a Christian and became Aithiest you have no understanding at all what Faith is.

that's my suggestion to you as well Pullo grab a Bible read it if you have one dust it off, see the love that Jesus offers you.

Back to the current discussion Deppfan, us as Christians have nothing to fear, Aithiest and Deppfan don't lie i know you do, they have nothing but fear they fear of the cancer cell that might be lurking in their gene pool, they fear judgment, the Law, and most of all Death, Christians have no reason to fear these things God has given you a choice and if you don't want him, well i hear the devils always recruiting.  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:19 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
Deppfan Teague
cool4

Church of google.

Deppfan you have no idea how pointless life is without faith and i hope you might find out soon because you still have a chance to accept this Creator, your not dead yet, so Gods invitation is still there. as for Pullo I'm sorry but he is ready he has hit that point, deppfan you have a long way to go and i will pray for you. But for now i wont let you deceive him and i will stop at nothing to tell him the Truth. Deppfan read the bible even if you where a Christian and became Aithiest you have no understanding at all what Faith is.

that's my suggestion to you as well Pullo grab a Bible read it if you have one dust it off, see the love that Jesus offers you.

Back to the current discussion Deppfan, us as Christians have nothing to fear, Aithiest and Deppfan don't lie i know you do, they have nothing but fear they fear of the cancer cell that might be lurking in their gene pool, they fear judgment, the Law, and most of all Death, Christians have no reason to fear these things God has given you a choice and if you don't want him, well i hear the devils always recruiting.

Please, don't pray for me. You're just wasting your time.

And yes, I fear death. Because I know there is nothing else after this life.

Hmm maybe I will go join Satan. He seems a lot more fun and forgiving than this ******** up God of yours.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:28 pm
Deppfan Teague
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
Deppfan Teague
cool4

Church of google.

Hmm maybe I will go join Satan. He seems a lot more fun and forgiving than this ******** up God of yours.

You may think that now but God opens up a whole-nother world to you and it is something you don't want to miss out on.

And trust me satan is whole less forgiveing than this "******** up God of mine"  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:10 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
Deppfan Teague
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
Deppfan Teague
cool4

Church of google.

You may think that now but God opens up a whole-nother world to you and it is something you don't want to miss out on.

And trust me satan is whole less forgiveing than this "******** up God of mine"

I don't want your god. Leave it alone. You can't convert me, no matter what you say. I've had enough people try. Just give up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:59 pm
People who believe in a faith or god "Fear" death. They believe in the idea of an afterlife because they fear there being nothing after.

Life seems pretty good without any faith. I think there's purpose to take the time to help that friend because you won't get a chance to later.

My understanding of faith: Away to pretend there's nothing bad that's going to happen.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:32 pm
@Cool: I don't lie when I talk about death I don't fear death, I don't fear the afterlife, you my friend should if you are talking about how faith is about "Pretending nothing bad will happen" because I know where your going and I need to tell you to correct your course.

@Deppfan: I can be Damned for not trying, therefore I will fulfill the mission my God sent me to complete, You may not want him now I know because the way you talk you are far from ready for him but God's judgment comes swiftly, and I cant be damned for trying, if I fail well you know where you go, and Deppfan you do want my God deep down i know you do, there's no proof he doesn't exist, and just because others have failed well, remember this Thomas Edison tried thousands of times before inventing the light bulb so i will try even if it takes my entire life to convert you.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:27 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
@Cool: I don't lie when I talk about death I don't fear death, I don't fear the afterlife, you my friend should if you are talking about how faith is about "Pretending nothing bad will happen" because I know where your going and I need to tell you to correct your course.

@Deppfan: I can be Damned for not trying, therefore I will fulfill the mission my God sent me to complete, You may not want him now I know because the way you talk you are far from ready for him but God's judgment comes swiftly, and I cant be damned for trying, if I fail well you know where you go, and Deppfan you do want my God deep down i know you do, there's no proof he doesn't exist, and just because others have failed well, remember this Thomas Edison tried thousands of times before inventing the light bulb so i will try even if it takes my entire life to convert you.

Deppfan

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:44 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix

You believe in afterlife so you don't have to fear death because there is some greater place you'll be in.

I don't fear death because I know this is all I have. I know to live my life to the fullest.

Well have fun wasting your life converting people and when you die have fun in the afterlife knowing you full well failed.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:07 pm
@deppfan: if thats the way you both feel about Christians well then fine i run into more people like you on a daily basis, i will shut up but you can't stop my actions outside Gaia. and Deppfan Enough with swearing at me your acting like a child.

@cool: I agree with you when you say i don't fear death because i believe in the afterlife and if you think I'm wasting my life try converting me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you guys((and Girls)) have managed to do is post a bunch of joke web sites not even bother to keep this guy on your side, if you are really serious you guys would actually be trying to keep this guy on your side but you have been blowing it, If i saw all of this "Proof" that my God does not exist do you think i would have started 2 Christian Guilds on Gaia, Go to Church regularly, and read the bible, no i wouldn't now either bring up some solid facts or leave

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:57 am
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
@deppfan: if thats the way you both feel about Christians well then fine i run into more people like you on a daily basis, i will shut up but you can't stop my actions outside Gaia. and Deppfan Enough with swearing at me your acting like a child.

@cool: I agree with you when you say i don't fear death because i believe in the afterlife and if you think I'm wasting my life try converting me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All you guys((and Girls)) have managed to do is post a bunch of joke web sites not even bother to keep this guy on your side, if you are really serious you guys would actually be trying to keep this guy on your side but you have been blowing it, If i saw all of this "Proof" that my God does not exist do you think i would have started 2 Christian Guilds on Gaia, Go to Church regularly, and read the bible, no i wouldn't now either bring up some solid facts or leave

Yeah, um... quoting the bible isn't facts. Show me God. That would be facts. And you can't, can you?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:49 pm
I think you have to decided for yourself to be Atheist. no need for fact to disprove "God" because it can't be done. Much like you can't post fact for "The Flying Spaghetti monster" or any other omnipresent being that many earth dwellers feel the need to worship or mock.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:21 pm
@ Cool and Depp: Thank you, now i can be a little less defensive. Now i have a question for you ((Since you asked me for "proof"))

the time line for Evolution doesn't make sense, there is no way to get even remotely billions or even millions of years, the technology either:

A. Doesn't exist

Or

B. cannot detect billions/millions of years because of the earths true age.

I would like those questions answered without me being able to find a way to disprove them.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff