Submit

Proverbs?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:42 pm
People who think of what they say will be safe. They won't make huge mistakes when they speak, and what they say won't upset others. Oddly fitting with some of the previous conversation above. Besides that it's also saying if you speak to abruptly you will find yourself in trouble, along the lines of ruined friendships and angry people.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 am
DvnT
Week two!
Proverb:
He who guards his lips guards his life,
But he who speaks rashly will come to ruin.
[13:3]

Are you pressuring me?

yes i completely agree with that proverb. i think it means speak your mind but word them correctly so they can't be taken out of context, but that ones a little tricky it could have several meanings...  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

DvnT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:08 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
... but that ones a little tricky it could have several meanings...

That was my intention. I'm trying not to give easy questions here. I want people to think about these and give different opinions. If I give easy one's I may as well just post them all at once and that's no fun.
3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:05 pm
No one else has any idea's on this one?

DvnT

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:39 pm
Well i do, heres another suggestion forgive me for being a little sloppy i just came back from a cave and the ceiling dripped on my cot as i slept.

Be careful what you say, and more so what you think for, if connections are made outside the mind but not inside it you are a hypocrite.

Edit: Guard what you hear and be sure it is correct before you speak of it, or you will be spreading Gossip which is lies.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:51 pm
I believe it is exactly as Curse said first, that it truly is to watch what you say, because you'll end up being a fool, happens to me a lot.  

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

beaulolais

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 am
it is about what is prudent.

it is what Solomon taught his many kids, to keep them out of trouble.

but i particularly like this one:

"provoke not your children to wrath!"

yes indeed, think about that sometimes, parents!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:42 pm
Week 3 [a few days late, sorry.]

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfulled is a tree of life.
[13:12]

DvnT

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:07 pm
DvnT
Week 3 [a few days late, sorry.]

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a longing fulfulled is a tree of life.
[13:12]

I,ll use Love as a example, yes it is painful to be without but the wait is worth it, because when you find the one thats right for you it is "A Tree of Life"

Waaayyy past my bed time, so I'm half asleep, thats my best brains working's for tonight, my thoughts have shut down *crashes down to keyboard*drlgkerpgj[pj  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm
Feeling of hurtfell and sorrow for the hurt of many individuals that are in this world, who have hurt me in the past, they probably feel regret nor they might feel no feeling of emotion.  

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:52 pm
Having to wait for things for so long can cause strain, pains. Many other things relating to hurt.

Though when you've waited long enough and succeed everything feels good and right with the world.

I think it might be suggesting we should try working toward something because not trying we will never get to where we are truly happy with what we accomplished.

Though it could also suggest meaning that we can never find happiness with trying and missing because their will be pain. and if we could try and hit several times is the only way we can be happy.

Depending on what it means I'm not sure if I agree or Disagree.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:32 pm
XMidnite Star SarahX
Feeling of hurtfell and sorrow for the hurt of many individuals that are in this world, who have hurt me in the past, they probably feel regret nor they might feel no feeling of emotion.

Would you mind explaining what you mean? I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.
sweatdrop

DvnT

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:25 pm
DvnT
XMidnite Star SarahX

Would you mind explaining what you mean? I'm not sure if I understand what you're saying.
sweatdrop

I think she's saying the it means feeling for others may cause pain. As well as hurtful remarks and pain that comes with that from others onto yourself. She's saying those that cause the pain may not feel the pain they cause.

I think that's loosely explained. If she could clarify anymore it would help.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:19 pm
Week Three!:

The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life,
turning a man from the snares of death.

DvnT

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm
simply suggesting passing on knowledge is away to keep people living. Writing what people say down so it's with us later on.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff