Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion, birth control (pill/shot), abstinence or adoption? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is the best/most realistic solution to teen pregnancy?
  abortion
  abstinence
  birth control
  adoption
View Results

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm
I never really had any problems since I'm still a virgin xD  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:17 pm
Bikki Kobayashi IV
Nonsense, I've heard all sorts of stories from bob... Stories that will haunt my dreams. *Goes to the corner and stares at the wall paint.*  

applesauce600

9,150 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm
applesauce600
Bikki Kobayashi IV
Nonsense, I've heard all sorts of stories from bob... Stories that will haunt my dreams. *Goes to the corner and stares at the wall paint.*

Same here, I don't even take birth control either.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:23 pm
"Personally, I believe that abortion should not be denied to anyone, for any circumstance. It's all a personal choice. And when people deny women that choice because it's "murder", that's enforcing unrighteous restriction upon already-alive people. To me, denying someone their right to live however they want, is a "sin" far beyond that of any murder of fetuses.

Then again, my beliefs aren't exactly mainstream. To me, a child doesn't count as a real "person" until it can interact with the world outside. A fetus is just a developing creature, a parasite feeding off the mother's body until it's ready to leave. That's not murder to kill a parasite, before it's even born. Now, if they killed it after it was born and interacting, that could be counted as murder.

I'm 100% pro-abortion. The other options are just as good, especially preventive actions, but I just had to speak when I saw everyone dissing the abortion option. "

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:32 pm
I'm not really sure why teen pregnancy is such a big issue in the U.S, especially there's plenty of ways to prevent it... and for most American teens, they've been educated on the matter (school and parents). *shrugs* I guess the only people that can answer this puzzling event is the teens themselves who ended up pregnant and all.

Anyway, for me personally, I go with abstinence. I've made a promise to myself that I won't have sex until after marriage.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:39 pm
applesauce600
Bikki Kobayashi IV
Bob doesn't count for being an inanimate object.  

Bikki Kobayashi IV

0 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:41 pm
Prof. Moonie
I'm not really sure why teen pregnancy is such a big issue in the U.S, especially there's plenty of ways to prevent it... and for most American teens, they've been educated on the matter (school and parents). *shrugs* I guess the only people that can answer this puzzling event is the teens themselves who ended up pregnant and all.

Anyway, for me personally, I go with abstinence. I've made a promise to myself that I won't have sex until after marriage.

I agree Moonie, I too chose abstinence until after I'm married as well.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:52 pm
applesauce600
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
In my opinion a baby isn't even a person worthy of being named until it lives 6 months.

Did you guys know you can abort and adopt? Gets you right past those crying times.

I'm sure the baby/fetus--whatever you'd like to call him/it--would agree with you there. neutral  

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm
zfatal
applesauce600
Princess Zelda21
Demon of the Stars
Princess Zelda21
Well, think about it, abortion is still considered killing an unborn human being though! It's just so wrong!

So?

So, the girl would be DENYING her child a chance to LIVE a normal life! What a sad world we live in!
In my opinion a baby isn't even a person worthy of being named until it lives 6 months.

Did you guys know you can abort and adopt? Gets you right past those crying times.

I'm sure the baby/fetus--whatever you'd like to call him/it--would agree with you there. neutral

*shakes head in disapproval* Not fair to the baby you know! Such a twisted, cruel, butchered, hacked and ruined world we live in!  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 pm
As a virgin you can have sex and lose your virginity any time like everyone else but they wouldn't be able to come back and be like you; a virgin.

Teens shouldn't have sex at all, even if all the teens are saying that being a virgin is embarrassing.

I choose Abstinence.
I will only have sex after marriage as well.

C:  

notanymorerain

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:55 pm
The Sweetest Raine

Teens shouldn't have sex at all
, even if all the teens are saying that being a virgin is embarrassing.

C:

And why do you believe this? Because it's mainstream opinion of anyone who's not a sexually active teenager? Orthodox? Accepted? Or you might say it's logical. But it's only logical in the case of the teenagers who are too stupid to use protection. So, a logical ban on sex for illogical teenagers? That sounds quite logical, don't you think?  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:04 pm
I've been reading this thread and I'm against abortion UNLESS it is used for a life threatening situation like if the mother or baby or both are in serious danger. I would never abort my baby, even if I was raped. I would keep it and raise my child ^^  

molly the crazy angel

Romantic Lover

9,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:28 pm
(Erm, apologize for the wall of text, but this is something important, and I don't quite agree with everything said so far in the thread)

It isn't just the parent's fault, sure, if parent's don't discuss this with their kids, all sorts of things might happen, but the fact is, these teens are usually subjected to this from about 7th grade onwards year after year from the school system. If the teens feel that they won't get pregnant eve after hearing about those choices, then that's just as much the teen's fault as their parents.

I've got nothing against abortions, as long as it's early on. I don't see why women and girls are waiting until the third trimester to decide. it's perfectly fine in my eyes for a woman who doesn't want a baby to have it aborted very early on, it's not hard to tell early on in the pregnancy, and then a decision can be made before it really begins forming. Rape is a serious thing to consider, but again, they're usually able to get it aborted not long after if that's the choice they make.

Birth control, That's something that a lot of teens are told about, pretty much every year. It's not hard to buy condoms, and other birth control methods aren't difficult to get either. it's not a 100% fail proof method, and there's still a chance of getting pregnant, it's a lot smaller, bit it's still a chance. What teens need to realize isn't that birth control isn't 100%, but that even if it isn't 100% safe, it's a lot safer than being unprotected.

Abstinence is okay for some, but it doesn't need to be the only thing explained to teenagers. They should know that they can't get pregnant if they aren't having sex, (sans in vitro) And that birth control isn't going to be 100% all the time.

Adoption works, but often times it isn't considered because the teens just don't think about it. You make adoption sound like some terrible thing. In fact, most of the time, adoption can be the right thing when the baby is born. Many teen parents drop out of high school to care for their baby, or they pass on the care to their parents until they can support the baby themselves. (sometimes at the cost of not going to college for both parents, child support you know.) I'm sure that you might see adoption as a bad thing since you would like to raise your own child. But consider for a moment, You need a job to get money to take care of your baby, but to get the job, you need support to keep your baby safe. in order to make enough money, you'd need to finish high school, which is hard if you're taking care of a new baby. You could, give it up to adoption, and give it the chance of a home right away where it can grow up in the conditions that you'd want but can't quite give your baby right away.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:44 pm
I feel like this thread is going to need to be watched carefully. I foresee arguments.

Anyways....I guess I can throw in my two cents.

1. Actually I don't blame anyone but the teens for getting pregnant. I find it hard to believe that they don't know what will happen if they practice unsafe sex seeing as how the society we live in now a days practically lives off anything sexual. Frankly if you feel that your "grown up enough" to have sex in the first place, you should be "grown up enough" to know what will happen.

2. I am 100% PRO CHOICE! Nuff Said! Also birth control isn't just for preventing babies.

3. Views on adoption are going to differ from person to person. I personally think its a pretty good idea in some cases. You can't always be prepared to have kids. Sometimes you think you are ready but when the time comes you find out that you can't support the baby. What then? Keep it anyways and let if starve to death? Uh no. Yeah some people abuse the power and end up just giving kid after kid up. But there are actually people out there that think about whats best for the baby in the long run.  

-Vagtastic-
Crew

Familiar Lover

10,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:49 pm
-Vagtastic-
I feel like this thread is going to need to be watched carefully. I foresee arguments.
it's a controversial topic. The abortion topic that is, no matter where you are talking about it, it usually, but not always, brings up a rather heated discussion, sometimes it changes from a discussion to an argument.
If people throw in their opinions, and can discuss it without getting overly worked up about it, but if these opinions get backed by evidence, and/or situations to explain the opinion, it should result in one of our few threads that get locked.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff