Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
Oh my God... I logged in. Is this real life? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here is a poll.
  It will get you a negligable amount of virtual currency.
View Results

Rissa Unit

Shirtless Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:05 am
I'm super happy that my best friend had a big enough epiphany, one she desperately needed since she was wanting constantly to kill herself. (And took the steps to attempt again, but stopped herself and luckily since she's staying with me and my folks as an unofficial roommate, she came to talk to us and calmed down enough to swear she'd never take her life since she knew how much destruction she'd leave for me and her other bestie, as well as my parents and her sisters.)

But the greatest ... the best, most wonderful thing happened. She went outside and stared at the stars and the moon, and realized how small we, (or she, as she was experiencing that) as people are, compared to the vast amazing universe and other galaxies, and how she had a purpose for being here, on earth. She's starting 2017 with a new perspective and no longer wishes to die! I'm SO happy and relieved! She's such a wonderful, beautiful individual, and she deserves to feel loved and happy, and at peace with her emotions. She's one of the best friends I've ever had. I have three very close friends.

Two of whom I was in middle school with, and we fell out of touch after I left that school, and reconnected ironically through the facebook page of a "friend" that was using me/mooching me any chance she got, and I was able to reconnect with them both, and we're all the biggest dorks, and Ryan is SO amazing with puns. As he claims; he is the pungeon master. I LOVE puns and especially bad puns. It's PUNishing to have to face him in a pun-off. (See? Terrible pun.. Hehe..) And Tricia is a wonderful, gentle and kind girl, and she's the kind of person that proves the "what you see is what you get" phrase. She's honest and doesn't sugarcoat or try to hide what her feelings/opinions are. She's not rude about it, though. She's very warm and welcoming. The most ironic part of these two middle-school besties that I was able to reconnect with in 2012 got married 2013. They'd been dating for years, and I didn't even know! Since we'd fallen out of touch and all. I was invited to their wedding, but due to the wonderful timing of a cold, I wasn't able to attend.

But they are SO good for each other! They're so in sync it's amazing, and they've been married now for four years! They had their first child: a son whom they named Lucas, giving him his father's name as his middle name, as per Ryan's family's tradition, and the little guy has been through SO much through 2016. He'll be one year old March 10th. He's been through open heart surgery, since he couldn't eat well, and had a lot of problems healthwise. He made it through that, and having to feed through a feeding tube until recently. But he can eat without the tube now! It's such progress! (Also he knows how to get Tricia's attention by saying 'momma!'. And he's a very smart baby. He figured out that whining/crying out 'momma!' makes her attend to him quicker. He's also interested in anything electronic, and will reach for cellphones or tablets if they're near him.)

They're both huge anime nerds like me, and big fans of Studio Ghibli, like me! I just have The Boy and the Beast until I own all of the movies. Except Grave of the Fireflies. I cannot handle that many feels given in such a forceful way. It's a beautiful movie, but it's SO heartbreaking, gawsh... Given the plot being the war, and two siblings orphaned and trying to survive the war, and both being under the age of 13. The older brother is 13 or so, and little sister's between 4 - 6 years old? Not sure. But if you have a sensitive and over emotional heart, or you can't detach from the characters, and what they're going through like I am, I'll say it clearly: DON'T. It's a sweet story, the brother trying to protect the little sister when they're trying to get to a safe place, but without giving any spoilers plot-wise, it's a VERY emotional and heartbreaking film. Really touching, but it tears out your heart and plays hackie sack with it. I can't see movies with emotional backgrounds. I'm a wimp with drama movies. And seeing even anime characters (actually...ESPECIALLY anime characters) suffering so greatly, or even just crying on screen for a minute... I can't handle it! It keeps me from enjoying some great anime movies/series & shows/games/books&manga.

Just be warned if you watch Grave of the Fireflies ... Be prepared to cry. A lot. A LOT. A WHOOOOOOLE LOT OF TEARS WILL BE SHED. ...Point made well with all caps, I guess.. Right...? xD

But I digress... The reason I brought up Studio Ghibli films is because after reconnecting with Tricia and Ryan, I saw Spirited Away for the first time a year or two ago. It. Was. BEAUTIFUL. Mr. Hayao Miyazaki truly made some masterpieces... And he's coming out of retirement to make ONE MORE STUDIO GHIBLI MOVIEEEEE!!!! -hype- I'm super excited to find out what he'll create! I can't wait to know the plot/title/characters!

But ... I have had so many blessings in my life (during the beginning and ending of 2016.) The beginning being the birth of lil' Lucas to my two married besties, and the end being my soul sister, my bestie Naomi no longer wishing to die, and starting 2017 off with knowing how much she is loved and wanted, and how she's a beautiful person with a heart of gold and worth more than a diamond ring (a few million diamond rings, in my eyes.) She knows she's not meant to end her own life, and has accepted that. And she's no longer suicidal, and I'm so, SO happy that she's come to terms and is happy again. I missed seeing her smile. And seeing her so content, and no longer wants to die or end her life is just such a beautiful thing. She's shining with happiness, and it makes me SO happy that we were able to help her reach the point that she's staying with us, and she knows she's always able to confide in me with anything, and comes to even my parents for advice. My mom calls her 'her second daughter', and she truly means it. I consider her my sister, I absolutely adore her. We both have the same interests, and we're so alike, it's a teeny bit surprising we get along so well. We watch anime together, we play sims games and Maplestory together (and sit across from each other with our laptops in the same room.) She's got such an awesome dry sarcastic humor, that matches pretty well with my ... random, and sometimes (Heh.. sometimes) wandering mind that goes to the weirdest, darkest corners of my mind, innappropriate puns or jokes, or if I start to overthink something stupid, explaining out loud, like how I'd really like to freak my parents out by buying a sex ed book. Not just ANY one, either. My parents are quite conservative with thinking I'm "straight" but just a "bit confused", but still promise to accept me whether or not I'm bi but lean towards women more. They even said "if" I were gay and married another woman, they'd come to my wedding. Which was a huge relief, since my mom cringes at seeing same sex couples kiss... Dad doesn't act like he's affected as much by it, but I think he just doesn't show it. But to hear from my mom's mouth that she'd attend my wedding, and wouldn't think any less of me, or try to change me, even if my sexuality wasn't one she "approves the actions of"... It was nice to know they'd support me no matter what, even though she doesn't agree with me necessarily. BUT EITHER WAY: I was SOOOOOO tempted to buy this one book in the store just to see the expressions that would come out of seeing merely the title of the book. It was pretty hilarious, but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to say the title here, since it is inappropriately hilarious...

Mom's a bit more accepting of my sexuality, but she'd still either faint or both laugh at the title and then faint. Since I'm (believe it or not) a virgin and 25 years old, and I've accepted I'm not ready to be intimate with anyone, especially since I'm single, ha! But It's strange to me.. The idea of doing "the deed" with either a man or woman frightens the crap out of me. I'm more into the idea of cuddling and watching shows/playing games with someone who could be my soulmate rather then, y'know... Yeah... But I'm not ready to date anyone until I fix my own depression/anxiety&panic attack, mental health issues and get my own stuff in check. I can't deal with my own problems at the moment, and I can't handle someone else's problems if I can't handle my own, y'know?

Anyways, I'm a little embarrassed I wrote so much, but I am on a VERY manic "happy mood" at the moment, and an adrenaline rush from not being able to sleep in addition to that. I'll shudda mah face (or keyboard) and leave off by saying: I'm SO happy 2017 started off happy for my friends, and that made it start off happy for me, as well. <3

So I hope you guys also have good experiences & happy times to look forward to in this new year. ^___^

HAPPEH NEW YEAR~ <3  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:23 am
Happy New Year to you all. Best wishes & Luck to you for 2k17
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

durham red

Incredible Exhibitionist

44,190 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Olympian 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:48 am
Saikii
Good riddance, 2016. Elections are over. Hallelujah! Happy New Year, may 2017 not be the year everything catches on fire... Like really, 2016, e.e; What the hay?

I'm with you there!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:48 pm
2016 has its trials for me but I managed to get through them. I'm looking forward to 2017 because I suspect there's going to be quite a bit of changes in my life. I know one of my plans for the new year is to finally leave two of my jobs; one I no longer enjoy doing and the other I feel like I'm getting no where with it (especially since I haven't had a shift in over a year [disregarding that I'm considered an "on-call substitute"). I was able to balance all of my jobs, volunteer work, and the occasional social life... but after a year of constantly taking each day at a time, constantly having to double check what you're scheduled to do, has taken it toll. It's time for me to take control of my life again.

A few days ago I finalized my hotel/flights/etc. arrangements for a convention that's happening in May - Sherlocked USA. I'm really excited about it!

Just a shame that I had to ring in the new year with a cold. I kept drifting in and out of a nap on the couch while I watched movies/TV with my parents, waiting for midnight to come. As soon as the ball dropped and Lionel Richie did his performance (because Mom wanted to watch it), I headed straight to bed. I'm doing a bit better but still far from being back to normal.

User Image  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:47 am
Nasuh
Happy new Year Zphal and all guild mates on Gaia biggrin It's been a blast during 2016. Many more experiences and happy positive peace love and joy went through you all in 2017 biggrin new year~ emotion_hug gaia_diamond gaia_kittenstar gaia_star gaia_angelleft gaia_angelright

oh yes the free 100 gaia cash,
open it at special tab at your inventory
http://www.gaiaonline.com/grant?key=merrychristmas2016

I've been on every day through Gaia Christmas, but somehow missed the 100 Gaia Cash prize. And now this event is over, and the reward link takes one to "invalid." *sighs* Perhaps I'd better team up with the New Years' fluffy sleepy kitty and just dream of fish!

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:30 am
Agent Rissa
I'm super happy that my best friend had a big enough epiphany, one she desperately needed since she was wanting constantly to kill herself. (And took the steps to attempt again, but stopped herself and luckily since she's staying with me and my folks as an unofficial roommate, she came to talk to us and calmed down enough to swear she'd never take her life since she knew how much destruction she'd leave for me and her other bestie, as well as my parents and her sisters.)

But the greatest ... the best, most wonderful thing happened. She went outside and stared at the stars and the moon, and realized how small we, (or she, as she was experiencing that) as people are, compared to the vast amazing universe and other galaxies, and how she had a purpose for being here, on earth. She's starting 2017 with a new perspective and no longer wishes to die! I'm SO happy and relieved! She's such a wonderful, beautiful individual, and she deserves to feel loved and happy, and at peace with her emotions. She's one of the best friends I've ever had. I have three very close friends.

Two of whom I was in middle school with, and we fell out of touch after I left that school, and reconnected ironically through the facebook page of a "friend" that was using me/mooching me any chance she got, and I was able to reconnect with them both, and we're all the biggest dorks, and Ryan is SO amazing with puns. As he claims; he is the pungeon master. I LOVE puns and especially bad puns. It's PUNishing to have to face him in a pun-off. (See? Terrible pun.. Hehe..) And Tricia is a wonderful, gentle and kind girl, and she's the kind of person that proves the "what you see is what you get" phrase. She's honest and doesn't sugarcoat or try to hide what her feelings/opinions are. She's not rude about it, though. She's very warm and welcoming. The most ironic part of these two middle-school besties that I was able to reconnect with in 2012 got married 2013. They'd been dating for years, and I didn't even know! Since we'd fallen out of touch and all. I was invited to their wedding, but due to the wonderful timing of a cold, I wasn't able to attend.

But they are SO good for each other! They're so in sync it's amazing, and they've been married now for four years! They had their first child: a son whom they named Lucas, giving him his father's name as his middle name, as per Ryan's family's tradition, and the little guy has been through SO much through 2016. He'll be one year old March 10th. He's been through open heart surgery, since he couldn't eat well, and had a lot of problems healthwise. He made it through that, and having to feed through a feeding tube until recently. But he can eat without the tube now! It's such progress! (Also he knows how to get Tricia's attention by saying 'momma!'. And he's a very smart baby. He figured out that whining/crying out 'momma!' makes her attend to him quicker. He's also interested in anything electronic, and will reach for cellphones or tablets if they're near him.)

They're both huge anime nerds like me, and big fans of Studio Ghibli, like me! I just have The Boy and the Beast until I own all of the movies. Except Grave of the Fireflies. I cannot handle that many feels given in such a forceful way. It's a beautiful movie, but it's SO heartbreaking, gawsh... Given the plot being the war, and two siblings orphaned and trying to survive the war, and both being under the age of 13. The older brother is 13 or so, and little sister's between 4 - 6 years old? Not sure. But if you have a sensitive and over emotional heart, or you can't detach from the characters, and what they're going through like I am, I'll say it clearly: DON'T. It's a sweet story, the brother trying to protect the little sister when they're trying to get to a safe place, but without giving any spoilers plot-wise, it's a VERY emotional and heartbreaking film. Really touching, but it tears out your heart and plays hackie sack with it. I can't see movies with emotional backgrounds. I'm a wimp with drama movies. And seeing even anime characters (actually...ESPECIALLY anime characters) suffering so greatly, or even just crying on screen for a minute... I can't handle it! It keeps me from enjoying some great anime movies/series & shows/games/books&manga.

Just be warned if you watch Grave of the Fireflies ... Be prepared to cry. A lot. A LOT. A WHOOOOOOLE LOT OF TEARS WILL BE SHED. ...Point made well with all caps, I guess.. Right...? xD

But I digress... The reason I brought up Studio Ghibli films is because after reconnecting with Tricia and Ryan, I saw Spirited Away for the first time a year or two ago. It. Was. BEAUTIFUL. Mr. Hayao Miyazaki truly made some masterpieces... And he's coming out of retirement to make ONE MORE STUDIO GHIBLI MOVIEEEEE!!!! -hype- I'm super excited to find out what he'll create! I can't wait to know the plot/title/characters!

But ... I have had so many blessings in my life (during the beginning and ending of 2016.) The beginning being the birth of lil' Lucas to my two married besties, and the end being my soul sister, my bestie Naomi no longer wishing to die, and starting 2017 off with knowing how much she is loved and wanted, and how she's a beautiful person with a heart of gold and worth more than a diamond ring (a few million diamond rings, in my eyes.) She knows she's not meant to end her own life, and has accepted that. And she's no longer suicidal, and I'm so, SO happy that she's come to terms and is happy again. I missed seeing her smile. And seeing her so content, and no longer wants to die or end her life is just such a beautiful thing. She's shining with happiness, and it makes me SO happy that we were able to help her reach the point that she's staying with us, and she knows she's always able to confide in me with anything, and comes to even my parents for advice. My mom calls her 'her second daughter', and she truly means it. I consider her my sister, I absolutely adore her. We both have the same interests, and we're so alike, it's a teeny bit surprising we get along so well. We watch anime together, we play sims games and Maplestory together (and sit across from each other with our laptops in the same room.) She's got such an awesome dry sarcastic humor, that matches pretty well with my ... random, and sometimes (Heh.. sometimes) wandering mind that goes to the weirdest, darkest corners of my mind, innappropriate puns or jokes, or if I start to overthink something stupid, explaining out loud, like how I'd really like to freak my parents out by buying a sex ed book. Not just ANY one, either. My parents are quite conservative with thinking I'm "straight" but just a "bit confused", but still promise to accept me whether or not I'm bi but lean towards women more. They even said "if" I were gay and married another woman, they'd come to my wedding. Which was a huge relief, since my mom cringes at seeing same sex couples kiss... Dad doesn't act like he's affected as much by it, but I think he just doesn't show it. But to hear from my mom's mouth that she'd attend my wedding, and wouldn't think any less of me, or try to change me, even if my sexuality wasn't one she "approves the actions of"... It was nice to know they'd support me no matter what, even though she doesn't agree with me necessarily. BUT EITHER WAY: I was SOOOOOO tempted to buy this one book in the store just to see the expressions that would come out of seeing merely the title of the book. It was pretty hilarious, but I wasn't sure if I would be allowed to say the title here, since it is inappropriately hilarious...

Mom's a bit more accepting of my sexuality, but she'd still either faint or both laugh at the title and then faint. Since I'm (believe it or not) a virgin and 25 years old, and I've accepted I'm not ready to be intimate with anyone, especially since I'm single, ha! But It's strange to me.. The idea of doing "the deed" with either a man or woman frightens the crap out of me. I'm more into the idea of cuddling and watching shows/playing games with someone who could be my soulmate rather then, y'know... Yeah... But I'm not ready to date anyone until I fix my own depression/anxiety&panic attack, mental health issues and get my own stuff in check. I can't deal with my own problems at the moment, and I can't handle someone else's problems if I can't handle my own, y'know?

Anyways, I'm a little embarrassed I wrote so much, but I am on a VERY manic "happy mood" at the moment, and an adrenaline rush from not being able to sleep in addition to that. I'll shudda mah face (or keyboard) and leave off by saying: I'm SO happy 2017 started off happy for my friends, and that made it start off happy for me, as well. <3

So I hope you guys also have good experiences & happy times to look forward to in this new year. ^___^

HAPPEH NEW YEAR~ <3

You, too, sweetie! AND I think it is soooo wonderful that you are so supportive of your best friend. To encourage her to "choose life" is one of the nicest things you can do for her AND yourself!

Hope the New year brings you much happiness, peace and contentment -- and a good nights' sleep! I've been called "a good sleeper" and I'm sure this has helped with my even temperament -- I've known several friends who got themselves caught onto a downward slide because of sleep deprivation.

Take care! *hugs* Batty

BatChic

Alien Fairy

15,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • There are two sides... 50
  • Nebula Novice 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm
Prof. Moonie
2016 has its trials for me but I managed to get through them. I'm looking forward to 2017 because I suspect there's going to be quite a bit of changes in my life. I know one of my plans for the new year is to finally leave two of my jobs; one I no longer enjoy doing and the other I feel like I'm getting no where with it (especially since I haven't had a shift in over a year [disregarding that I'm considered an "on-call substitute"). I was able to balance all of my jobs, volunteer work, and the occasional social life... but after a year of constantly taking each day at a time, constantly having to double check what you're scheduled to do, has taken it toll. It's time for me to take control of my life again.

A few days ago I finalized my hotel/flights/etc. arrangements for a convention that's happening in May - Sherlocked USA. I'm really excited about it!

Just a shame that I had to ring in the new year with a cold. I kept drifting in and out of a nap on the couch while I watched movies/TV with my parents, waiting for midnight to come. As soon as the ball dropped and Lionel Richie did his performance (because Mom wanted to watch it), I headed straight to bed. I'm doing a bit better but still far from being back to normal.

User Image

Sounds like a solid plan for the New Year. 3nodding Yeah, if our generation doesn't watch it, we end up stuck in a repetitive loop of employment. Awesome that you've got a swanky convention to look forward to! I think Neil and I are planning a summer motorcycle roadtrip/vaycay for 2017. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:35 pm
Zphal
I... don't actually know how long it's been since I logged in over here on Gaia... o_O Guessing from my avi and most recent posts, I guess that'd be late October.

sweatdrop :

Have you seen Lanzer's returning?  

SweetMiserie

Dedicated Heart

25,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Astral Veteran 100

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:10 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie

User Image

Sounds like a solid plan for the New Year. 3nodding Yeah, if our generation doesn't watch it, we end up stuck in a repetitive loop of employment. Awesome that you've got a swanky convention to look forward to! I think Neil and I are planning a summer motorcycle roadtrip/vaycay for 2017. whee

Nice! Sounds like a fun roadtrip/vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:02 pm
SweetMiserie
Zphal
I... don't actually know how long it's been since I logged in over here on Gaia... o_O Guessing from my avi and most recent posts, I guess that'd be late October.

sweatdrop :

Have you seen Lanzer's returning?

I had not.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

iWinnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:17 pm
Hey guys! I just signed on for the first time in several years. Whats up?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:03 pm
iWinnie

Very little, but welcome back! biggrin  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

The Gilded Seraph

Angelic Gatekeeper

10,600 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:37 am
I just log into check my private messages which have become nonexistent now since no one else is logging in.

2016 sucked. Glad we're starting off a new year that should be better than the last. RIP my car I totalled on Christmas. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:50 am
thank you!

Zphal
iWinnie

Very little, but welcome back! biggrin

iWinnie

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:57 am
Does anyone even go on Gaia anymore? Even the rest of the site is dead  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash