Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!
"WDYDWIQ" ~ What Did you Do While in QUARANTINE?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Share your fun Quarantine stories.
  And how you passed the time while waiting for the CORONAVIRUS to end.
View Results

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:10 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Day 5: Because it was Saturday, my partner was home. He's an "essential worker," as he delivers frozen food to peoples' homes. Anyway, we typically run together on weekends, and this was no exception. When we got back, he made himself "second breakfast," and shortly thereafter we went to Smart & Final so he could get food prep ingredients for the next week.

Then he involved himself in doing coding projects for personal development, and I did a couple hours of work on the SEMI project, as well as a couple hours on my quilt project. The back is now ready to be attatched to the front!

During that time we'd slow-cooked a pork roast and potatoes, so we stopped for dinner and watched an episode of Longmire. Later we watched a couple eps of Paradise P.D. and then Neil read a chapter of Jam out loud, which put me to sleep!

I'm considered an "essential worker" as well. My work went ahead and created a letter for me to have on hand indicating as such, just in case Washington follows California's footsteps and goes into full lockdown mode.

That's a smart move on their part! I hope the police don't get so bored as to start pulling over everyone who happens to be out and about. rolleyes

Both Oregon and Washington have gone into their "stay-at-home" lockdown recently.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 am
Day 8: Wow, the days just fly by, don't they? How many more days of this are there? confused Anyway, it's utterly frustrating how little I seem to accomplish despite having so much time off.

Yesterday I ran. Annoyed again because the construction workers had dug up a big section of the sidewalk that is normally part of my loop the day before, and it was still there. (Anyone want to take bets on it being like that for weeks? stressed )

Afterwards I worked on SEMI, and around noon went out to check the mail. One of my neighbors rang my doorbell. Turns out, a package of mine had been mistakenly delivered to them. Very thankful they're good sorts too since the package had an iMac in it. @0@ My mom had purchased it for me because I was having an impossible time getting my old one to function properly (it's a 2011, so I guess it's allowed to retire after a decade).

Anyway, that began a whole new time-consuming process of course, because then I had to transfer all the data onto the new device (thankfully I have a seagate 1TB HD to make things easy), and then install new drivers, etc. Long story short, I'm going to need to upgrade Photoshop; the 2006 version I have isn't compatible. Thankfully the 2020 version is only $100, but I'll wait to buy it and download the free trial to try for a month. Kind of scared how many changes there probably have been and how steep that learning curve might be. DX But I was then able to download the video and create a iMovie project for my mom's chemistry lectures, and the upload to Youtube took most of the rest of the night.

I took breaks for both lunch and dinner to watch DS9 on Neflix. I hear CBS All Access is now offering a free month of service rather than just a week, so I reckon once Neil and I finish watching Longmire (we've got just two eps left), we'll finally get to the new Star Trek serieses. smile

In the evening I contemplated giving myself some relaxation time, but ultimately chose to babysit the new iMac while working on my upcoming research paper, detailing the history of the video game industry. Then at around 9PM, my professor emailed the class, saying he'd polled students and was changing the first part of the paper to a 5min oral presentation. So the three hours I'd just spent researching and writing were kind of irrelevant. *throws something at the wall*

Neil didn't manage to get home from work until 11:30, due to delays and troubleshooting at the depo. We went to bed a little after midnight, and tonight he'll be staying overnight in a hotel again. I've not been seeing too much of him at all since this pandemic started; his route is clogged with customers wanting to buy a large volume of food product, and it's time-consuming. *sigh*

Not in a great mood; don't particularly feel like running, but the sun is shining out there, so perhaps it will make me feel better.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:35 am
Yeah, something along those lines?
https://deadline.com/2020/03/cbs-all-access-free-offer-patrick-stewart-star-trek-picard-1202891243/

My work is still running, but with heavily reduced hours and with heavily reduced children. (really only first responders, doctors, grocery workers, you know, the essential parents) But there's only about 40 kids signed up for the whole program, that's normally several hundred.

Up until yesterday I had no idea when I'd be working. But I have to stay on call in the event they call me in to work. so I'm working for a few hours thursday and friday. As for what I've been doing, you know, lot of housework, youtube videos, video games, movies on netflix. I've got two housemates so we've got stuff to do. It's still not a full lockdown, so I go out for walks, occasionally go out to get food. I'm not afraid to go to the grocery store or target to collect any supplies that I need. (if they even are in the stores that is.....)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 am
Day 9: Yesterday I finally let myself relax a little. I of course ran and I finished up editing my mom's lecture videos and posted them to YouTube. I also worked a bit on my research paper, but didn't do anything for SEMI. In the evening I played a bit of CivRev and also L4D2 versus/scavenge matches with my brother. smile That was a lot of fun. Also did the usual Netflix-and-dine to DS9.

Sad/funny story from yesterday: Someone I have in my FB network posted a tutorial for DIY "medical" masks. Just sewing fabric and elastic straps together. I commented, saying it was cute and clever, but that it was inappropriate to imply they were medical grade since they didn't include a filter that would actually stop microbes and bacteria from entering the respiratory system. She proceeded to remove the comment and block me. It's frightening to me that her pride and looking "correct" were more important to her than facts and peoples' health. Her post even encourages others to share with their friends. SMH. sweatdrop  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:43 am
Day 10: Definitely nothing special about yesterday; it was a lot like all the other days have been. Ran, did some work on SEMI, watched DS9, ate, played a little CivRev to regain my sanity.

I did go to Target however to buy half a gallon of milk. Decided that since our camping trip begins Sunday morning that a full gallon would be difficult to finish off in such a short time frame. While there I browsed the bedding section, as recently our fitted sheet had torn a massive hole (where my partner's feet are... so you can guess who I'm blaming). Ended up learning that it's a million times more fun to shop the kids section, because the adult section only had solid colors, and in dreadfully muted, boring colors at that (like grey, light grey, off-white, navy... yikes). But the kids section there were fun themes like service vehicles, ice cream cones, unicorns, insects, etc. I got the nautical/pirate-y one "Castaway Cove." Just lucky that the two of us sleep on a Full sized bed and that there was that much overlap available.

Also ended up pissed by the end of the night because my mom's lecture videos were not functioning properly for her and the site she was trying to showcase them on for her students. Troubleshooting is one of my least favorite things, and it's even worse when it's from afar and through a secondary source. So yeah. This morning I'm starting ALL OVER on the whole ******** project (thought it was one thing finally off my to-do list, but NOPE) and chopping it into tiny pieces less than ten minutes long, since apparently a couple clips each an hour long are too much to handle. rolleyes

Also a LinkedIn post that recognized the upcoming struggles of Class of 2020 grads (which I found quite insightful) got shat on by a bunch of 2019 grads trying to contend that "they had it difficult too!" in some kind of dumb AF "oppression olympics." Like, yes, it was rough finding a job in 2019. But it's gonna be rougher in 2020 with many employers suspending all hiring and some industries not operating at all. So the 2019 people at least had a year to get their feet under them. But they want special acknowledgement too! WAH WAH WAAAH. wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:22 am
Zphal
Day 8: Wow, the days just fly by, don't they? How many more days of this are there? confused Anyway, it's utterly frustrating how little I seem to accomplish despite having so much time off.of the rest of the night.

It feels like it's dragging on forever for me. I keep finding myself going "It feels like forever since that happened" and looking at the calendar only to realize it was the week or so prior. sweatdrop But I do agree on not getting much done. Though for me, most of the stuff I thought of doing I can't do because I don't have the necessary items to complete it (i.e. not having a sewing machine [it's at my parents' place] or the fabric to work on a cosplay).

Zphal
I took breaks for both lunch and dinner to watch DS9 on Neflix. I hear CBS All Access is now offering a free month of service rather than just a week, so I reckon once Neil and I finish watching Longmire (we've got just two eps left), we'll finally get to the new Star Trek serieses. smile

I've been periodically watching Voyager myself, when I'm not catching up on Walking Dead. xd

I might eventually create a CBS All Access account to take advantage of the free month offer... so I can watch Picard.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:27 am
Yesterday evening a bunch of my Critical Role friends and I joined up together through Discord Chat and Kast to watch The Birdcage. Considering how many Robin Williams films I've seen, I'm surprised I've never seen this one before. Such a hilarious film!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:37 pm
Day 11: Spent almost the entirety of the day redoing the videos for my mom's lecture. Ended up breaking the two hours and twenty minutes of footage into approximately 20 videos and editing out portions that weren't necessary. Uploading was of course the longest portion of that.

Thankfully I got a respite in the evening because my brother and I played L4D2. Lots of versus servers full of gamers-- who'd've guessed?!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:39 pm
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Day 8: Wow, the days just fly by, don't they? How many more days of this are there? confused Anyway, it's utterly frustrating how little I seem to accomplish despite having so much time off.of the rest of the night.

It feels like it's dragging on forever for me. I keep finding myself going "It feels like forever since that happened" and looking at the calendar only to realize it was the week or so prior. sweatdrop But I do agree on not getting much done. Though for me, most of the stuff I thought of doing I can't do because I don't have the necessary items to complete it (i.e. not having a sewing machine [it's at my parents' place] or the fabric to work on a cosplay).

I feel you there. Typically I try to have too much of any particular fabric I'm going to need for given projects, but I have a quilt right now that's missing its border because I need more white. And JoAnn's online site is such utter TRASH that I can't even find a decent pattern that's in stock and available for pickup at any of the locations near me. rolleyes

A bummer about the sewing machine. Do you folks live far away?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:59 am
Day 12: Spent a decent portion of the day prepping for our departure to go camping today. Check-in is at 1pm, so we haven't left yet. Still need to go grab ice from Target before we can go.

We treated ourselves to Jack in the Box for dinner (take-out, of course) and ate it while watching the last of Longmire. We had two more eps and it was easy to knock out before our trip. Not sure if I'm 100% on-board with the way they ended it (and which "ships" they chose for the characters o_O), but all-in-all, an enjoyable series.

I've been feeling more and more depressed, simply because I have more time to think about my situation and what about it bugs me. Like the lack of emotional investment my partner has toward anything. I really feel like if it weren't for me pushing, we'd never move to Texas or get married. And that's not exactly a great feel.

Anyway, the internet connection out in the woods ain't likely to be good, so y'all may not hear from me until Thursday.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

I feel you there. Typically I try to have too much of any particular fabric I'm going to need for given projects, but I have a quilt right now that's missing its border because I need more white. And JoAnn's online site is such utter TRASH that I can't even find a decent pattern that's in stock and available for pickup at any of the locations near me. rolleyes

I prefer shopping in person when it comes to buying fabric for any of my cosplays because sometimes the color/pattern online doesn't always match what it looks like in real life. And sometimes with certain cosplays I can be quite particular on what fabric I want to use. Or sometimes I go to the store thinking I want a particular fabric but then see another fabric and it captures my interest/imagination more.
When I was at my parents' place, I didn't really have the room to be storing fabric if I wasn't actively working on the project.

My parents are only 10 minutes or so away, so it's not that big of an issue. But since our governor has announced the "Stay-At-Home" order, I've only been doing essential traveling (such as going to work or grocery shopping). No use driving up there for the sewing machine when I don't even have the rest of the items for the projects I would like to work on.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:24 pm
Zphal
Day 12: Spent a decent portion of the day prepping for our departure to go camping today. Check-in is at 1pm, so we haven't left yet. Still need to go grab ice from Target before we can go.

We treated ourselves to Jack in the Box for dinner (take-out, of course) and ate it while watching the last of Longmire. We had two more eps and it was easy to knock out before our trip. Not sure if I'm 100% on-board with the way they ended it (and which "ships" they chose for the characters o_O), but all-in-all, an enjoyable series.

I've been feeling more and more depressed, simply because I have more time to think about my situation and what about it bugs me. Like the lack of emotional investment my partner has toward anything. I really feel like if it weren't for me pushing, we'd never move to Texas or get married. And that's not exactly a great feel.

Anyway, the internet connection out in the woods ain't likely to be good, so y'all may not hear from me until Thursday.

You're actually able to go camping? They've ended up closing down the campsites here in Washington to help insure people follow the "Stay-At-Home" order and don't try doing big gatherings or anything like that.

Sorry to hear about the lack of emotional investment. It can be hard when you realize there isn't an equal balance on contribution to the relationship.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:19 am
Yesterday I watched Onward with a few of my friends. It was nice watching it again after originally watching it the night it came out in theaters. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:16 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

I prefer shopping in person when it comes to buying fabric for any of my cosplays because sometimes the color/pattern online doesn't always match what it looks like in real life. And sometimes with certain cosplays I can be quite particular on what fabric I want to use. Or sometimes I go to the store thinking I want a particular fabric but then see another fabric and it captures my interest/imagination more.
When I was at my parents' place, I didn't really have the room to be storing fabric if I wasn't actively working on the project.

My parents are only 10 minutes or so away, so it's not that big of an issue. But since our governor has announced the "Stay-At-Home" order, I've only been doing essential traveling (such as going to work or grocery shopping). No use driving up there for the sewing machine when I don't even have the rest of the items for the projects I would like to work on.

Oh same. Being able to touch and feel the fabric and compare how it looks to multiple other bolts is critical when I'm quilting. The fact that the fabric stores around here are closed is KILLING me creatively. gonk

And wow, you're adhering stringently. I've been hanging out with my parents (1 1/2 hours away) to help my mom with her lecture videos.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:18 am
Prof. Moonie
Zphal

You're actually able to go camping? They've ended up closing down the campsites here in Washington to help insure people follow the "Stay-At-Home" order and don't try doing big gatherings or anything like that.

Sorry to hear about the lack of emotional investment. It can be hard when you realize there isn't an equal balance on contribution to the relationship.

We were super lucky. One of the only things they haven't closed down. They did restrict it to reservation only and no day use. Apparently there was a group of three college-age girls who hopped the fence to get in and the rangers were hunting them down! surprised  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff