Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Discussing Intelligent Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dewdew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 pm
I believe you just need to use your judgement on whether the statement made actually adds anything to the discussion. If the witty one liner actually is making a relevant point it should stay there as it might spark more discussion. If its just someone trying to be funny or is off topic then it should go.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:00 am
Hi  

blazein killer rapter

kingofcereal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:22 pm
All one-liners aren't bad. In the ED I've seen a few long lasting debates arise from someone's one line statement. I'm actually kinda sick of people being absolutist anti-one liners. Ok so if you add a word to a one line to make it two lines it's alright? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 am
KaguraOfTheWind
This is supposed to be intelligent discussions, one liners and smilies do not add anything and are by no means intelligent. Therefore it is reasonable to say they have no place here.

This is very true.  

LadyAceAwsome

caliber112

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:40 pm
i'm very new to the guild but my opinion is that if the smilie is there to agree with someone and not just a random heart smilie or something that it should stay because i agree is just a good as a nodding smilie as such i also think that one liners are ok as long as they make a point and are not frequently used like if you were in an rp just people going 'joe sits in the corner' or 'julie laughs' those don't have a purpose so they shouldn't be used frequently or you're rp or topic would die  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:43 am
yeah I dont think one-liners are necessarily insignificant as far as intelligent thought is concerned. it depends on the content of the sentence. for example:

"the only thing we have to fear, is fear itself" -Roosevelt
"the only true wisdom is in knowing that you know nothing" -Socrates

these are rather deep statements, and wonderful debate topics. one liners arent always shallow.

and personally, when *I* use a smiley, it's to denote good humor. as if to say, "we may disagree but it's all good"... because tone and demeanor are not always easily understood correctly in txt.  

Calypsophia

unrequietedCat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:04 am
dboyzero
Well, it's been about 6-7 months since I've taken over this sub-forum, and I'd like to have the input of all the new members.

Please answer any of the following questions as best you can. Nobody is required to do this, and I can't guarantee that everybody will be happy, but I will do my best to ensure that this remains a safe and lively place for intelligent discussion and debate.

- What do you like about the sub-forum?
- What would you like to see changed (either how it is or how it's run)?
- What new things would you like to see introduced?

Interpret the questions however you'd like, and I'll do my best to keep everyone satisfied. If you truly feel that something had best be kept private, feel free to PM me with your comments and I'll take those into consideration as well.

Also, if you come up with anything else you'd like to discuss or see discussed, do bring it up. I will do the same.
I'm just glad to have a place where I don't have to worry about the rampant stupidity sucking my brain out from my eye sockets. I'm not worried about changing/ introducing anything. As long as it stays chill I'm willing to go along with anything.

As an aside...
Nott all one liners are stupid, some are pretty good, and if they contribute then leave them be. And the random "unintelligent" topics will always be around because there will always be people to post them, it's no big deal. If you don't think it qualifies as intelligence then you don't have to read it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:11 pm
Perhaps if someone reads something unintelligent here, they could (politely) ask that person to take their idiocy somewhere else, or to start making intelligent discussion.
If the irrelevancy of said person's posts continues, then at that point other said person ( xd )could report said person 1 to an appropriate mod.

Anonymous...

manoftheunderworld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:49 pm
i think the moderators should only interfere if someone is giving someone unwanted attention 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:47 pm
I'm fairly new to the guild and would like to be filled in on how things are run around here  

Wolf_Fang013

RinFox

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:35 am
I'm brand new to this guild and am already noticing how knowledgeable and comforting it is here. Yes there are some random/spammy topics here and there, but that's something that comes with running a forum/guild. As to your other questions dboyzero, I haven't seen any issues of how you run WN that bother me. Even though this is my first day here, I believe that wanting a forum (such as CT) to be only filled with intelligent posts...is perfectly fine! No one wants someone posting totally off the topic. That will only shrink the whole thread discussion. I hope you take my thought into consideration!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 am
:O  

Hayate_Kiichi

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out