Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like russians?
  Da!!!
View Results

ThursdayAddams

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:30 pm
Wiedziemka
Hi smile I really like fantasy literature from russia. I think that it have so much new and fresh look magic. When I read it I always feel suprised of some events in book smile . I really like russians authors smile

Which authors have you read?

I just got into the whole fantasy genre... I like Lukyanenko, I guess. Also... the two brothers... man I forgot their names! redface sweatdrop

@ all: Menja zovut Thursday, mne semnadsat l'et. Ja zhyla v Kharkove do '96-go goda, teper zhyvu v Amerike. <3

Props to whoever gets all that. biggrin

@ John Preston: Where in Ukraine? How was your trip? I was there last August, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 am
I'm actually Bela-Russian, and somehow part Israeli or something like that.
Enjoy: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Banned_Agains_Mule_XD

Banned_Agains_Mule_XD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:53 am
John Preston
Wiedziemka
Hi smile I really like fantasy literature from russia. I think that it have so much new and fresh look magic. When I read it I always feel suprised of some events in book smile . I really like russians authors smile
Well, I'm going to Ukraine next month to visit my remaining family there, its gonna be tough... cuz I'm starting to forget... but anyway I'm coming back with a crap load of Pushkin.. maybe you can suggest some authors?
Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov is great.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:14 pm
Banned_Agains_Mule_XD
John Preston
Wiedziemka
Well, I'm going to Ukraine next month to visit my remaining family there, its gonna be tough... cuz I'm starting to forget... but anyway I'm coming back with a crap load of Pushkin.. maybe you can suggest some authors?

Hurr, yes it is.  

ThursdayAddams

Banned_Agains_Mule_XD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:09 pm
ThursdayAdams
Banned_Agains_Mule_XD
John Preston
Wiedziemka

Hurr, yes it is.
I had to read the English version though because I read like a kindergardner in Russian; too many similar symbols.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:12 pm
Banned_Agains_Mule_XD
ThursdayAdams
Banned_Agains_Mule_XD
John Preston
Wiedziemka

Hurr, yes it is.
I had to read the English version though because I read like a kindergardner in Russian; too many similar symbols.

I can read Russian, though it takes me a while sometimes. O.o;;
I don't even know the whole alphabet, heh heh.  

ThursdayAddams

The broken puppet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:58 pm
Yay! -Glomps the thread.- I knew there were more russians hiding somewhere on Gaia whee ( pardon me for not using the main language but I'm too lazy to change my keyboard to the cyrillic one xP)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:46 pm
Привет! Русский язык интересен. И Русские интересны, также!

The Cyrillic alphabet rocks on. cool  

Hawk_McKrakken

~LadySparrow210~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:00 am
Remember, remember . . .

User Image
ya ruskaya ya radelas ukraine. i live in america now. but i still speak russian,!!!!.

The fifth of November . . .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:59 pm
~LadySparrow210~
Remember, remember . . .

User Image
ya ruskaya ya radelas ukraine. i live in america now. but i still speak russian,!!!!.

The fifth of November . . .
The gunpowder treason and plot, I know of no reson why it should ever be forgot! I love that movie!! Sorry guys, I've been gone for a month in Ukraine and after that I had to work back the money that I spent there! lol, but I bought the collected works of Pushkin there, and have read a few of his stories, They are awesome!!  

John Preston

John Preston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:01 pm
Pirate Cadaver
Wow... A Russian, part of Gaia.... I feel... Right back at home... Almost...

Tolstoy!
Tolstoy is pretty good, I read through halfway of War and Peace... very oh so excruciatingly long... but still good, I'll pick up when I get older and into books that aren't action packed! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:03 pm
Chrissy-Tenshi
Did you know that Alexander Pushkin died in a duel to protect his wife's honour?
I like his poem about the squirrel "chudnaya belka." It's cute! 3nodding
I didn't know that! but thanks, I love random facts! if you guys have anymore that would be greatly appreciated! But we do have to keep it on the subject or the guy upstairs will have to chop this thread.  

John Preston

John Preston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:05 pm
monalisa80
So do you still live in Russia?
no I live in Oregon, but I went back there to visit my relatives, it was awesome, I wanted to stay there longer, but my wonderful mom broke her ankle there, on the fourth day there.. so that sucked but at the same time we got to travel all over the city by ourselves!! which was soooo fun!!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:08 pm
Lady 3Jane
I would love to learn Russian... I have always been interested in that land, since I was "little" (still a young person, but... you know what I mean)
Russian in my opinion is the easiest language to learn! If you know the alphabet and how to pronounce all the letters you already know how to read and write!! After that all you have to know is the meaning of words which all it is, is a little hard work and study! and viola! you have the language down! Believe me English is a much harder language to learn!  

John Preston

John Preston

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:10 pm
The broken puppet
Yay! -Glomps the thread.- I knew there were more russians hiding somewhere on Gaia whee ( pardon me for not using the main language but I'm too lazy to change my keyboard to the cyrillic one xP)
meh, I would want everyone to understand whats being said.. if I only wrote in russian... well not that many ppl would show up and it would take waaaaaaaay too long for me, I'm to used to writing/typing in russian  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff