Reply "FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures
French or Italian Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 am
I'm italian but if you want my opinion, just keep french since, like someone wisely said, it's more used than italian.
btw it's not true that italian is easier to learn than french. italian it's pretty hard to learn (expecially verbs). I studied french for 7+ years but... i dont use it for a very long time.

Oh tres bien mon amis. A bientot wink  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:52 am
i say: learn italian! i speke both english and italian and i've also speke a bit of french. trust me: frnch isn't worth it.  

Sakakichan-sensi

SolemnSweetness4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:54 pm
I would suggest Italian if you have a background in spanish. Well, more than a year, that's for sure. In a way, Italian is easier to learn if you know spanish because, if I'm not mistaken, my teacher had once told us that it was mostly made up of spanish words. But I hear that French is a lot easier. I think it is. Depends, also, on what you're more interested and which one you think you might have more fun learning. Otherwise, they'll both end up being hard and big pain in the butts.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:53 pm
it doesnt matter which ever one u learn frist as soon as u learn one it will be really much easier to learn the next one for spanish italian and french are similar  

bluish_green

Ayanah-Chan

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:14 pm
LikeALychee
french sounds more "fun"...but italian grammar is a lot easier and less complicated to learn...if you know latin, it'd be much easier than french, too wink

i agree completley! french has too many accents....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:07 pm
I'd say French if you've taken Spanish at all. The two are almost the same. (Not to say Italian I'SNT similar, but I can speak French already, so I'm kinda biased. XD )

Bonne Chance! razz  

Anyman82

I.Am.Your.Pirate.[ARG]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:02 pm
Yeah, take french, I am french.. even tought I suck at spelling xD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:20 pm
~Champagne for my real friends...

Well, I'm in French.
It sucks!
Italian all da way!!
talk2hand

...Real pain for my sham friends.~

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Kazk87

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:23 pm
I speak French, but Italian would be easier with the Spanish connection....but it is up to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:40 am
It really depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for the "easiest," Italian should be easier. It has straight-forward pronunciation, and knowledge of Latin will make it much easier. If you're looking for the most useful, I'd say French. It has more speakers and is used in more countries. I may be biased though, as I'm studying French. Both are great languages though. smile

Evil Nemo

Parisian Loafer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:52 pm
I speak some French, so I would have to say French. If you know Latin roots, it's pretty easy to interpret.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:03 pm
I take Italian at the moment, and I truly love it. The way it flows to every other word makes it sound musical.

I hear it's easier, I wouldn't know because I know a total of 2 phrases in French.

Maybe it's just because I'm Italian, and I find it fun, but I reccomend you take Italian. That's only if you want.

Buon Giorno!  

xCaffeinatedCupcakesx

MeTaL_RHAPSODY

Friendly Fairy

32,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 3:15 am
LaForet
French is cooler and is more useful because people speak french in France, Quebec, Mali, Maghreb, etc. but people only speak italian in Italy...

no way... this is a LIE!! smile I'm italian and, really, french is simplier and italian's not very peculiar to spanish... smile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:54 pm
Evil Nemo
It really depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for the "easiest," Italian should be easier. It has straight-forward pronunciation, and knowledge of Latin will make it much easier. If you're looking for the most useful, I'd say French. It has more speakers and is used in more countries. I may be biased though, as I'm studying French. Both are great languages though. smile

I hate to disappoint you, but Italian is still considered one of the most difficult languages in the world, so I'd not call it "easier" than French [I know, I'm partisan because I'm Italian and very proud of my culture, but it's true!].
Yeah, maybe a base knowledge of Latin might be useful, but the same goes for most of neolatin languages [French and Spanish included].

However, French is more widespread, so it'll be more useful [and I have to admit that I'd love to read Proust and Hugo in their original language -but studying Italian you'll be able, at an advanced level, to read the Divine Comedy or other great literary works!].

Trivia: the lexical similarity between Italian and French is 89%, and Italian generally is the fourth or fifth most taught second-language in the world.

Shiratori-chan

Vicious Shapeshifter

14,400 Points
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150

Dr Sciurus

Dapper Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:45 pm
well i actually can speak italian and its nice but i actually recommend french. its more of a challenge if you want one and actually Italian soundls like its in between french and spanish so if you take french youll probably be able to understand italian. good luck with you choice  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff