Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
fat Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gohiki_Usona

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:15 pm
Meh, Ill never understand people too well...

I myself am quite over weight...how over weight? Well, if the five levels of fat are Big, Healthy, Husky, Fluffy, and Damn!, then i would consider myself pretty fluffy ^^

I guess if you want to lose weight, follow the practical advice given, but just remember this. Are you doing this for yourself, or someone else? And will it make you happy? Just some odd advice i guess.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 12:33 pm
that's a really good point Gohiki_Usona.
you should be doing this for you. also, I don't know where you live but assuming your country has a food guide, that's usually a good plan to follow because then you will be eating the correct amounts of food.
also, have you ever considered seeing a naturopathic (spelling??) doctor, because sometimes there are underlying causes to wait gain, emotional and physical that should be explored...for example, I'm an emotional eater, and so I can lose all the weight I want but I'm still going to emotional eat on a bad day which will just set me back...so it's also important to find the underlying causes to your weight 3nodding  

Armadia

-iiDR3AM3R-

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:46 pm
um... well im not exactly in that position but i just might be getting there. i keep eating candy, chipz and stuff. and i don't do any excercise. but wat im gonna do iz start taking some yoga classes at the YMCA so that i can get in shape and become flexible. i think you should ask your friendz if they could help you out on your diet, you know. go out and exercise, run around and have some fun. but once in awhile your gonna need alittle sugar for energy or something. try and eat healthy and exercise enough. but don't try an loose weight 4 any1 but you. trust me you'll feel a whole lot better.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:11 pm
dude, i am in exactly the same boat! pm me, seriously, and we can talk.
btw, doing it with a friend does help ^^

dark_raez

fuzzyelle

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:53 pm
I am 26 with 4 kids (three pregnancies, 1 set of 6 month old twins) Keeping weight in check is big deal. Calories matter. Seriously. You can eat anything you want to as long as you have portion control. Some people suggest writing down everything that you eat. But I don't have time for that. There is an easy way around that. It's the 3, 4, 5 rule. You have 300 calories for breakfast, 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner plus a 200 snack. The snack be dessert. Or it can even be added onto another meal if you want to splurge.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:41 pm
hi,im sorry you fell that way but you have 2 apprciate you the way you are!i used to b overweight by 15 but now im underweight 13 what i did is talk to a conclor at school they start to make healthy food at school but add a small desert like a 50 calorie cookie.good-luck  

carmen61112008

Skizlersan

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:28 am
Ok, I used to way allloooot.

The summer before my freshman year I weighed a whopping 350 pounds!

But I went about loosing weight a bit different, I exercised a lot, and pushed my body to its limit every day. I became fit, and I could still eat as much as I was eating because my body needed the extra energy because I was burning of more carbs that I was replenishing.

Now, two summers later, I weigh a light 180 pounds, and I've never felt better. All it takes is hard work and determination. Sitting on the computer griping about it isn't going to help anything, get up and start exercising!

even if it is running a short distance every day, eventually you will be able to run farther distances, and run faster.

believe me, I never ever thought I would be this fit, and it feels great.

KEEP AT IT!

and if you need any help pm me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:02 pm
Hmm... I have a similar problem, but not as much at the same time. See, I used to be really skinny, and I ate a lot. What helped me is that I swam on my school's swim team. But I moved and there's no swimming pool in the entire city. And I've gained weight. But I walk home from school, and sometimes I take the long route, which is around the whole neighborhood. But yeah, eating healthy is a really good thing. And like someone above said about the 3, 4, 5 thing, that's good too.  

iDoodle-x

kuro_itonami

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:09 pm
I am fat too and I am going to get going on a diet plan. I know a few girls that did weight watchers and it worked for them. That's an option. I am also going to get out there when it stops freaking raining and walk my moms dogs everyday. Doing it with a friend is helpful too. Also don't weigh yourself all the time it will get you discouraged since body weight fluctuates so much from day to day. Weigh yourself like once a week in the same clothes at the same time every time so it will be consistent. When you loose some weight congratulate yourself or get something. Like I will buy clothes every time I lose the weight or something else I want so that I will be motivated! PM me if you want to talk or get help smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:10 pm
Hello, I know EXACTLY how you feel. It's really hard to stay commited. Me and my Best freind are once again trying to lose weight whether or not it will work i another story. If you ever want support pm me. I'd be more than happy to try and help out.  

Vibbia

The Committee Staff Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

iAndrewx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:59 am
i heard eating a hugeee breakfast really helps. it fills you up so that later on during the day your not as hungry and your metabolism will speed up.
i havent tried that yet though, im too lazy XD
but never skip breakfast because its the most important meal of the day =]  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:20 pm
TeH_AnDrEwNeSs is right, don't skip breakfast. I skipped it a couple of times and by 10 in the morning, i would be really tired. As for ur weight concerns, here's a list of what i suggest, and if i repeat anything, i'm sorry:

Try dancing; just put on some music that u like to dance to
Stop drinking soda and start drinking water
Eat more fruits and veggies
Limit ur time watching TV, playing on the computer, and other non-active stuff
Walk around for 10-15 minutes
Gradually increase the exercise, like one week do 10 push-ups and the next week, do 15 push-ups, and so on.

I used to be just a little overweight, but i joined a junior navy class last year and it really got me fit, though the exercise was hard sweatdrop
The last tip that I gave is what they did in the junior navy class and i shrunk from a size 14 to a size 8 in dresses because of that.  

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kurro_chan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm
Don't push yourself too hard; with the exercise. Know when to quit or you might hurt yourself. Quitting soda is an incredibly good idea!!! I used to drink, like 2 or three cans a day, then I started drinking water, and I lost, like 10 lbs. If you don't like hard exercise, try walking around two blocks instead of running around one. Also! If you invent new recipes for healthy snacks like fruit + veggies, you'll be more apt to eat them, and it'll be easier not to splurge. I like dipping apples in this cream-cheese yogurt dip. Keep rewards, like frozen yogurt for yourself when you've lost a milestone number of pounds. If you have the time, try to write down what you eat, it helps you realize how much you're eating in a day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 pm
User Image User Image
User Image

The only motivation you truly need is yourself. Do you really want to lose weight? Do you really want to be more healthy? Do you really want to do this? Ask yourself this.

If you do, then there should be no problem. You should do it once you set your mind to it. Mind over matter.

I know it's hard at times, but you are the only one who can do it. Eat three meals a day, exercise when you can, and stay out the fried things as well as fast food places. Fried, once in awhile is okay, but not everyday. Eat your fruits and vegetables.

Chii_Asakura

twinkledoo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:51 pm
hi there.
I guess we're in the same situation. though they say that my 'fatness' isn't noticed too much because of my height. still, i weigh much. XP

based on experience, during school days, I usually lose weight and have some of the fats on my neck and on my arms go away. that is, some. I don't know what I do but these are the only things that I think made me lose weight a bit.

I only drink milk for breakfast since I don't have much time to eat a lot. My school's far. But, during the first break at around 8, I eatI don't eat rice, I onnly take in bread. During lunch time, sometimes, I don't eat. I mean, i only eat biscuit or some bread again. XP

then, of course, my time on the PC is much more limited. unless i need to finish some stuff overnight.

and, I heard that excluding soda works. my brother's frend know someone like that. so, i guess we need to do that to. I'll start drinking water from now on. XP and tea on the evening will do, i guess.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff