Submit

The Irish:
  Shall rule the world
  Shall go to the pub
  Shall give me 10 gold
View Results

Kayumi K

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:17 pm
I'm black Irish and I sure wish I could speak it!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:58 am

I would like to learn Irish! I plan on going there during this coming year during by sabbatical year before Uni.. Could be fun to understand not only those who speak English

Smurfbarret

Annisea

Invisible Gekko

8,650 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Champion 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:38 am
XxJanxX
Dia Duit!!
Cen Sceal?

Hi! I'm Jan and I'm Irish, live in Dublin and have lived in Ireland my whole life!
I also speak Irish! What fun!
Anyone here likey the Irish? Anyone here also Irish? I'm new so i know nothing for anyone ninja
Anyone here likey to know some irish, or anything about Ireland? I'm bursting with knowledge!

Ta se go maith!!

I want to learn Irish! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:45 am
I'm actually adopted, but I do know I'm 3/4 Irish by blood, and I've always loved the culture. I'm lucky enough to be able to take an Irish literature course (in English) in school, and it's great! I'd love to learn Irish, the only thing I can say right now is Slainte, but if we could start a class or something, that'd be wicked! Take care!  

AkristaZ

Fasie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:20 pm
LEts see...I can speak a fairly good amount of it...Lets see if I can remember how to spell it...

Dia duit! Conas ata tu? -holds out hand to be shaken- Fasie is ainm dom, agus tusa? (Or maybe its "Fasie ainm dom. Cad is ainm duit?" Either way works...right? Im still learning xD.) Cen aois thu? Taim dha bhliain tri deag.

Gosh, I hope i spelled all that right... And got everything in the right order xD.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:57 am
I am part Irish, and used to be able to do the accent almost perfectly. I've also been to Ireland, but no, I know absolutely no Irish.  

ApparitionFox

_The Angels Candy_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:01 pm
I'm half Irish half German but I have never been out of the US. (I know a shame right?) But man if I could learn Irish I would have so much fun confuzing my friends!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 4:53 am
dia dhuit!Luasaigh is aninm dom.rugadh agus togadh me i contae sligeach ach taim ag staidear sa contae doire. labhrionn a lan daoine gaeilge sa doire.ag an dtus bhi se an-scary.duirt amadan gur maith lei cabaiste agus cornbeef.nil se rud eireannach!  

PoppyDadswell

Fantastisk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:51 am
My dad is from ireland, only thing I can say in irish though is 'kiss my a**', and I've no idea how to write it xd
And I've not intention to learn more irish, don't really have a use for it have I ? >.>
And (no offence) but it sounded like such a headache of a language, I tried listening to it for 5 min while watching that irish speaking channel you irish people have and arrrgh, how can you pronounce those things without breaking your tongue in the process? xd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:38 pm
?!!!
I never knew there way an actual language called "IRISH" I thought the Irish people spoke Engilsh nowadays..or Gaelic.(cant spell)

My dad's side of the family came directly From Ireland to America...my great-great-great (maybe more..or less)Grandfather and grandmother came over. And the great-great-great grandfathers son married a direct decendant of a Cherokee woman. and then my dad married a German woman.

So im Irish, Cherokee, and German.

And I wana learn Irish..if you can teach me that would be the awesomeness!

fray_ava

A r c a n e A r c

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:46 pm

User Image
I am Irish... don't know how much, but I really look it. I have pale skin and curly hair XP my cousin is the same but her hair is red. @.@ She's more Irish than me though... I'm just a mutt really. I think my Irish blood is some where around 5/29 Which is like that largest of any thing in me XP.

I wish I could speak Irish... ._____.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:14 am
salsababy2889
Im 1/4 Irish, but ive lived in America all my life
i got the pale skin, and a reddish tint to my hair, but thats as Irish as i get... except i like cornbeef and cabbage LOTS... mmm...

whats ireland got to do with corned beef?  

PoppyDadswell

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:17 am
Kayumi K.
I'm black Irish and I sure wish I could speak it!

yaheey!we irish really need other peoples to interbreed with us and breed in some good looks.i like the way ireland is getting more multicultural thesedays.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:52 pm
I'm about 50% Irish (5th Generation) and I really want to learn welsh any suggestions?  

asgre chan caddug

Nawnana

Mind-boggling Prophet

7,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Trader 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 pm
Im Irish,Scotish and metis. I would love to learn irish though. I have brown hair with a red ting in it, but my metis blood makes me tan all the time... The sad thing is i have lived in canada my whole life and have never crossed the borders......anyone intrested in teaching me?? everyone tells me i have a strong irish accent, and im 1/2 irish...please??  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff