Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
"Why not" post about the finer things in life? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:11 pm
One of the reasons why they stopped calling it "Jap-anime", is because poeple that hate Japanese call them Japs.  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:26 am
In Japan, the term "anime" is just to encompass all animation. There, Looney Tunes cartoons are "anime".  

Arashi Yanagawa

Blazing Buster

catcid1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:31 am
I tend to think that animes tend to be a little bit more serious with things like fight scenes, compared to animation which seems to be that when there is a fight scene it tends to be for comedy purposes and tends to be more of like a time to make you laugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:56 pm
I think the difference is that American animation is pretty much cartoons. They don't have any R rated 'Anime' from America. So Anime must have a plot line that is not for little kids, like cartoons. I don't think it matters much were it comes from. I haven't heard it called Jap-anime. I have, however heard it called Japanimation. If you say it out loud its just adding imation to Japan so I don't think that is offensive. I even use it at times.

Loves True Nature

Agile Survivor

3,900 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

pandaoftheblackflames

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:59 pm
Sorry. I know this is off topic but...what does "desu" mean?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:37 pm
"The verb is desu, a copula, commonly translated as "to be" or "it is""

google is your friend. (basically what this is saying is when you say kawai desu you're literally saying "cool it is". translated to english it's "it is cool" i'm pretty sure kawai is cool. it might be cute though..)

IMHO the differance between manga/anime and american comics/cartoons is that anime/manga isn't JUST for kids and it's more serious than american comics/cartoons.

and anime is short for animation, but has taken on the widespread meaning of what we know and love, japanese cartoons.  

cupcakemichi

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Stanfacedeactivated

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:35 pm
The only difference is that nerdly trolls like to say there is a difference in order to...do...something...I guess they hate their heritage? Only reason I can tell. Anyway, if the Japanese meaning of the word "anime" (short for "animation" obviously) covers all, well, animation, then that is what it is. Is that so hard to understand people? Why must we argue over something that was solved before it became an arguement?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:18 am
Ugh lol, so much ignorance with these arguments. the term anime is simply a word short for animation.... which is a word that means movement or per say things like moving pictures. any form of cartoon, and every japanese styled animation can be refered to in such as anime. Even 3-D motion pictures fit in, animes use 3-D motion for effect all the time and at the same time american stuff does too. Anime is a Media catagory that is simply the line between a live motion picture and an animated one.  

Eternal Dylan

Eternal Dylan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:23 am
Kage Kaitou
One of the reasons why they stopped calling it "Jap-anime", is because poeple that hate Japanese call them Japs.

not really... thats really just a short term for japanese that could be used positivly or negativley. lol people who are racist against japanese hardly acknowledge them as a different culture than other asians ans simply call them chinks.... I know because unfortunatley I know many a racist people heh.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:43 am
I think I have read around 14 Naruto books and 7 Bleach books  

Punoonipy

cupcakemichi

5,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:08 pm
"Jap" is a derogatory term that became popular during WWII after pearl harbor.
NEVER call a Japanese Person a "Jap" ESPECIALLY if they are Japanese-American. and even more especially, when they remember WWII.

it's not as widely known now as it was then though.

but i'm also pretty sure that that's why "Japanime" isn't as widely used any more.

Anime IS short for animation, but has become known for the Japanese style of animation. Lots of people still use it to refer to all animation in general, though.

there is a debate(which i find kinda funny, but interesting at the same time) about what to call American and European and other countries artists' work that use the anime style.
but this mostly refers to manga. ex. Ameri-manga.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:05 am
Even with anime being short for animation (which covers everything in general), I still prefer refering only japanese cartoons as anime >_<  

RiziN-ergeez

xXpunkfreakXx

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:46 pm
I think that anime only refers to Japanese cartoons not american ones and I prefer to watch the Japanese ones because the american ones are for kids and they don't have very good storylines or characters and it just doesn't look as good. heart  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games