Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Miyazaki Movies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaialystra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:18 pm
The purpose of a Miyazaki movie is to get away from the world for a while and enjoy a whimsical story. Yes, in some of his movies there is a moral, etc. but I think the purpose behind his movies is to get away from reality for a while and relax, not think about the philosphical angle of something (stupid English essays). Yes, I admit that sometimes it's very annoying that the movie ends and you still have a bunch of questions reeling around in your head, but still...well, that's it.

Current favorite movie: Howl's Moving Castle!I haven't seen all of his movies yet but I'm getting there!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:02 pm
the first one i saw was kikis delivery service then spirited away then castle in the sky then howls moving castle wich is hiariouse!!!  

Loki god of BS

[brainvomit]

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:46 am
I hate his way to "design" main character, there is just too much similarities among them.
Spirited Away was a big dissapointment. That guy have done several movies WITHOUT the 3d-technology and then he uses that s**t in just one scene making the whole spirit of the movie to collapse.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:51 pm
I'd say his movies are great. The plots are rather annoying, but if you think about it, it's mostly suckish endings. They always make you want to have a sequal(?)! I LOVED Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, The Cat Returns, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and lastly Spirited Away. But each of his movies made me want a sequal. Rather annoying. My friends often joke that since I love Princess Mononoke so much I should make a sequal. xd  

whitewolf04244

noemie_anne

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:01 pm
well.. I love Princess Mononoke, Whispers of/from the heart ((can't remember exactly xp )) and Sprited Away, but I like to watch them in japanese. I just think it sounds better that way. 3nodding

I also own Totoro, Kiki's delivery Service, and Howls Moving Castle. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:16 am
[brainvomit]
I hate his way to "design" main character, there is just too much similarities among them.
Spirited Away was a big dissapointment. That guy have done several movies WITHOUT the 3d-technology and then he uses that s**t in just one scene making the whole spirit of the movie to collapse.

You might like to try The Cat Returns, then. The main character looked more like traditional anime instead of the usual Studio Ghibli style.  

Nadian
Crew

spearquest

Aged Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:09 pm
I like alot of his movies because there is a bit of originality to them. He's not just taking genres that have been done to death, like young kids who battle aliens in battle armour, and redoing them. He's taking myth and legend and fantasy to a new level by exploring them with a new twist.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:30 am
i love mizayaki's movies!!!! although i've only seen like.... 5 or so gonk but i've seen whisper of the heart(my favorite), spirited away, My Neighbor Totoro, and i forgot the names of the other 2 but it's about raccoons that can change into humans and the city keeps taking their land so that they can not live there anymore, and the other is about a pilot who looks like a pig....
so ya smile i wanted to watch more though.... maybe i can watch them today biggrin  

bunyluvr28

Ladybug013

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:31 am
I love mizayaki films i mean what would life be like without them... thats all i can really say, he is such an amazing artist/writer/director  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:40 pm
Miyazaki? Great stuff! I only have Princess Mononoke and Howl's moving castle. But I've also managed to see Castle in the sky and Spirited away. I've been meaning to get hold of Spirited away too.  

Gaol

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Full closet 200

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:12 pm
Miyazaki movie rule... 3nodding heart God, I hope he makes another two or ten more... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:01 pm
I love Miyazaki's films! i havn't seen HMC or the cat returns but I'm asking for them for my b-day. I loved Mononoke, CITS, WOTH and Narsicaa!  

Yuffia

Suzu Hana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:22 pm
I love and have seen hearly all of his movies. Did you know though that "Howl's Moving Castle" is actualy a book too. The movie was based off of it. It was written by Dianna Wayne Jones who also wrote books like "Dogsbody". If you read the book a lot of what happens in the movie where a character acts different then usual is where something important happened and the explinating got cut out of the movie. Actually, the book has a sequal "Castle in the Air" though there is a new main character and none of old ones apper until halfway. Even then it is only Sophie and her baby son. Howl and Calcifer don't apper till the end of the book. Michel doesn't even get mentioned! evil  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:42 pm
Hayao Miyazaki films are awesome.

I've seen all of them except for a couple that I'm aware of.

Kaialystra is right most all of of his movies have a moral meaning behind them.

I first watched them when they had a month of Miyazaki on the Turner Classic Movie channel & they was talking about them on there in between shows.

Like the movies Pom Poko & Princess Mononoke they have to do with respecting nature & the creatures with in it.  

slp101

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:10 pm
How many Miyazaki movies are there?  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games