Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Inuyasha and other anime altered by America Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you agree?
  yes
  no
View Results

Spiral Knight

Original Regular

9,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:58 pm
You now what, this could have been a decent discussion...
BUT, Stretching pages is a violation of the TOS... or at least I believe it still is, I have yet to learn all of the supposed "new" TOS but not only is it illegal, but ******** annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:06 pm
Welcome to America, my sweet, naïve girl. In this place, the Republican Party feels it's OK to broadcast in the news as much violence as Elfen Lied has, while at the same time they think they must censor any incoming anime series for being too violent.  

Da_Nuke

iViggs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:50 pm
personally i dont care as long as inuyasha still rocks.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:14 pm
To respond to the original post, I don't remember that scene either and I've seen it both on TV and a fansub of the original Japanese. I've seen several trailers and don't remember it in any of them either.

Also, I've seen GITS: SAC on TV and DVD and there was almost nothing cut on TV here in Canada.  

KaguraOfTheWind

Acerbic Jabberwocky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:42 am
@ Kempodragon22

Curses, you beat me. Oh well, you said it better(and politer) than I would've. XP

@ OP

Sweetie...

1.) Stop downloading illegal fansubs. Do you think fansubber's translations are spot-on? For one..Japanese doesn't directly translate into English. x:

2.)

If you're watching a show for blood, mindless swearing, and the like--then theres really no point in watching.

Do you see my point....?

3.) In America, there are laws regarding TV. Sometimes, they HAVE to cut things out--BY LAW, just so they can show it.

Bah.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:09 pm
Pssh, I hate most anime. Why watch mess ups when you can read the original. Manga Pwns!  

Invisible-chan

Amayame Tsuki

2,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:03 am
Invisible-chan
Pssh, I hate most anime. Why watch mess ups when you can read the original. Manga Pwns!

i agree, but each copy is ten bucks each. i have money, but i've got tuition to pay. it sucks, but it's animes for me ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:29 am
You do realize that both Pokemon and Hamtaro (I think but I'm still confirming it) are edited as well?  

SquishyMuffins

Rose Raine v2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:41 am
Invisible-chan

i agree. i read tokyo mew mew and when i saw they put the anime up on fox i got pissed off cause all their names and stuff like that got changed. usually i think the manga is much better than the anime.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:57 pm
My sister says theres nothing wronge with the Yuyu hkaushu and Inuyasha dubbed anime, and I slapped her. And if you get all mad for just THAT in Inuyasha, you should see ONE PIECE!!!!! Gawd, turning Sanji's ciggeret into a friggin' lollypop, turning all blood into sweat, cutting out entire story arcs, making the awsome Japanese opening a friggin rap song, COMPLETELY changing the diologe. Uhg...  

[Shikamaru] Nara

zombiegirl102938

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:36 pm
o wow, i never knew of all the edits in anime...that sucks completely, to bad they wouldn't leave it as it is and not edit anything... xp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:49 pm
[Shikamaru] Nara
My sister says theres nothing wronge with the Yuyu hkaushu and Inuyasha dubbed anime, and I slapped her. And if you get all mad for just THAT in Inuyasha, you should see ONE PIECE!!!!! Gawd, turning Sanji's ciggeret into a friggin' lollypop, turning all blood into sweat, cutting out entire story arcs, making the awsome Japanese opening a friggin rap song, COMPLETELY changing the diologe. Uhg...

One Piece was done by 4Kids (not dropped by the company), who, by the time they are done, edit shows so much that they in no way look or feel like the original show. The music was changed because 4Kids only gets the anime licence and not the one for music, instead preferring to do their own music. Considering all the cuts they make, they would have to redo the soundtrack as well anyway.  

KaguraOfTheWind

The Black Eclipse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:39 pm
Inu-Yasha is the Best manga ever  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games