Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold for you...^^
  Thankies!
View Results

[[ Nikki ]]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:24 pm
blue_lutra
do we really exist? if we truly realize that we do or do not exist, will we cease to exist?
Ummmmm...
Yes??
o.o

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:09 pm
our awareness of existence may be subjective, but the world seems real enough.

if i could control my existence through my mind and sensations, i would never feel pain or any unwanted sensation.

by crossing my eyes i can make things seem to disappear. but they are still there, everyone else knows it, and if i keep walking i will run into them.

subjectivity cant really change external reality, i don't think  

beaulolais

Azirru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:25 am
is it human to hate what you fear?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:07 am
Azirru
is it human to hate what you fear?
yes, yes it is  

TheBlueCard

TheBlueCard

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:11 am
all I have to say on this subject is that: we are all real, our perception of reality is completly wrong, and we are not a figment of anyone else's imagination. I dont know much about this subject, but these are just my opinions. Listen to them if you want, and if not it does not matter anyways.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:06 am
Someone once proposed that reality is subjective and only exists so long as there is an observer. The evidence being that you can't prove something exists if there's noone there to observe it existing.

All of reality is based on our individual interpretations of it e.g. glass half empty vs. glass half full, god vs. science, good vs. evil. They all make up reality but they all vary on the observors perspective.  

Velorius

Jennikins87

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 3:48 pm
O_o is confused.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:06 pm
Of course our awareness is objective, everyone has a different perception and truth that they believe. Ask a paranoid Scizophrenic if they exist. Then ask them tomarrow. Ask the cat lady down the street or the mail man. Most people will say yes, but there response and the feeling you get from them when you ask are going to be different. How many people have wondered if this is just someone's dream, and the Matrix made some paranoids rather nervous, as though there aren't enough things out there to have conspiracy ideas about.
Now if you are going with the halucination theory..who's halucination? Yours, mine...someone elses if we are going to get technical with it. How does that apply to the everyday world? Are you real and I'm not...is that cat lady real, and we are just her figments, but then, how do we think if we are not in existance.

{ Khalida Nyoka
Posted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:26 pm

"I think; therefore, I am."
~Descartes

"I doubt, therefore, I might be."
~George Carlin }  

ChaosGypsy

jazzy says yarr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:19 pm
going on the previous post, how can we be figments of someones imagineation or their hallucination, with out them existing? and vice versa.

if they exist, why not us?
for, do we not imagine people or situations based on ourselves so that we may place ourselves in them? play them out to see how it would go?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:22 pm
Velorius
Someone once proposed that reality is subjective and only exists so long as there is an observer. The evidence being that you can't prove something exists if there's noone there to observe it existing.

All of reality is based on our individual interpretations of it e.g. glass half empty vs. glass half full, god vs. science, good vs. evil. They all make up reality but they all vary on the observors perspective.

"if a tree falls in a forest,..."  

jazzy says yarr

has_been_deleted

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:00 pm
justina[theyea]
Velorius

"if a tree falls in a forest,..."

Velorius

if that tree falls and no ones around to hear it, does it exist?
or does it only come into existance when someone happens to be able to prove it's there?
Velorius: i've always found the glass of water "thing" interesting. people keep asking me that and i actually cant answer it... because to me it always depends on whether or not someone just poured the water into the glass, or out of it.
into the glass= half full, out=half empty..... not the point of the discussion but interesting to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:31 pm
Well, what if you all are just a figment of my imagination. What if this is just a dream I am having and I will wake up to find that I am still ten years old but have lived a lifetime in a dream.

What if we are all a figment of your imagination and you are the one that is about to wake up. Do you want to wake up to find yourelf all alone, that you are the only one that does exist.

Personally... if I am part of your imagination, I think you need professional help. blaugh

Anyway... could we be someones dream?

((I hope this is not too much off topic?))  

Kenutsu Yasashiku

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:49 pm
According to hermetics, all things operate on various planes of vibration, caused by the Creator. Things that vibrate the slowest are those that are tangible, the material plane. The spirits vibrate at a higher frequency, and the gods and goddesses are upon the highest.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:12 pm
what is god?...........are WE god?........is GOD....... magical?.....science?.... teck?.........are we not AI........artificial intelligence just like the one we create........the diference is the time were given to reason and doubt..... they are not........were mere toys to this upper better smarter greater being.........we are FUN..........the (BLEEP) does this mean........we exist or not?
whats after life?  

RONIN_13X

Neon Proxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:15 pm
Utasa
Seferius Slyferin
--stares at the topic blankly-- Grammarize me please.
how do you know what i really think about is it the truth or or the same could go for you how do i judge you on what you think about your self...

Every {time} I bleed, ~there~ lies the reason -to- live...
===============~{The Final}~===============

*Is dumbfounded* Yes, I agree with Seferius, please enlighten me with this strange illiterate language you seem to have formed in this subforum. It would really help seeing as how every post you have made has not precessed in my brain so foar due to the lack of spelling, grammar, and punctuation. @_@

===============~{The Final}~=================
...And I (-discover-) words _becoming_ so vivid and bright.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff