Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
The nature of a perfect "God" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seferius Slyferin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:20 pm
it made sense and I understood quite clearly, I think.

If I did, then I am the same.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:32 pm
I don't belive we will ever experiance perfection here on earth there just isn't any  

Celestial Secrets

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:36 pm
The only perfection is the flawless, endless, procession of time. We believe that time slows as the speed of light is approached.

As engineer-of-doom said to me when she and I were, in real life, standing inside a church in Malibu at night, waiting for Z, she said that she always thought it was interesting in the bible when God said "let there be light" because both sound and light are Vibrations.

So as light speed is approached, all the different vibrating frquencies should come closer to a single uniform one, should they not?

Does that then mean that God would be in the light? God is Time?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:45 pm
DNA the very stucture of us what is it really just molicules and atoms or something more and how did we come to finds this and is what we see really there or is there something else out the resopsible...?  

Utasa

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:51 pm
God would have to be the infinite if god was perfect because perfect entails 100 percent being there... in otherwords only on thing can be perfect... and that is the infinite.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:24 pm
If any of the Gods in any of the holy texts where true, they would not be ‘perfect’. If perfect is seen as ‘the ultimate good’, at least. Most religious texts can have good messages, such as don’t murder or steal. But such messages as anyone who doesn’t worship this particular region will go to hell, that homosexuals are ‘wrong’ or ‘evil’, that women are ‘ritually unclean’. These are a few things different religions believe because their ‘God’ told them to believe.

Even the ‘friendly’ Gods can cruel and selfish. God’s as humans have come to understand or make up are far from perfect. Current recorded God’s can not be perfect.

FFXIsKegan
God would have to be the infinite if god was perfect because perfect entails 100 percent being there... in otherwords only on thing can be perfect... and that is the infinite.

Khalida Nyoka
The only perfection is the flawless, endless, procession of time. We believe that time slows as the speed of light is approached.

As engineer-of-doom said to me when she and I were, in real life, standing inside a church in Malibu at night, waiting for Z, she said that she always thought it was interesting in the bible when God said "let there be light" because both sound and light are Vibrations.

So as light speed is approached, all the different vibrating frquencies should come closer to a single uniform one, should they not?

Does that then mean that God would be in the light? God is Time?

Maybe a perfect ‘God’ would be something that simply exists, creating and destroying not as it sees fit, but as is necessary in the endless flow of life and time?  

HereThereAndBackAgain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:21 pm
a perfect being feels no emotion the universe as a whole has no definate emotion to you you are a small figure your perspective is incomplete. yet you must find a mental meccha and you must leave a mark becauseb that would be an achievement. I try to banish such thoughts and actions but remember it's unavoidable. it's part of my flawed programing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:45 pm
Could it be that perfection is the equal balance of order and chaos, so that as the Bible says we truly are made in God's image, because we can both think and feel?  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:25 pm
well we are made of stuff stuff's image we are.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:03 pm
the greeks invented this idea of a "perfect" god, the unmoved mover, without parts or passions, like a perfect marble sphere that cant be affected by any force or influence.

the bible's god is not like that.

YHWH is active, repents (!) , gets angry, jealous, sad, enjoys the smell of good things, is part of things.

Jesus wept.

and partied, according to his critics.

so they were not "perfect".

not dull predictable quantifiable mathematical certainties.

more like us, in other words.  

beaulolais

salsaplant

GO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:15 pm
not to be Johnny Raincloud over here, but, why are we spending our time thinking about God and trying to figure him out? If there is a greater power (im not saying there is or there isnt), then God is too complex and vast and too complicated for our minds to grasp; it's like an amoeba thinking about Rocket Science. Why spend time trying to understand what we know we cannot?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:25 pm
'cause we like to make our brains hurt!  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:25 pm
Quite. and we aspire to find the nature not all the info.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:47 am
it doesn't hurt to wonder about the nature of things.

to do less is to live the life of a beast.  

chessiejo

Evil Karma Angel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:56 pm
Wiccans don't believe that our God or Goddess is perfect. They have darker sides and we acknowledge them, we just rry to avoid as best as possible using them in our Magick.
The Goddess is vengeful and protecting, the God lets his emotions and wants get away with him. At the same time, they are loving and sweet, in tune with nature and it's rushes.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff