Reply "FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures
I want to Learn Japanese Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SwarmyMarmy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:38 pm
Japanese for Busy People is good to learn the writing system (hirigana and katakana), and then you should look up sites for vocabulary and grammar. Buying the Oxford Japanese Starter Dictionary is helpful. Kanjisite.com is great as well, and they have many book recommendations that are very good.

Hope those sources prove valuable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:44 pm
Kawaiinu
*pops in to eavestdrop* Guild?
Sorry, I'm trying to learn Japanese on my free time, and so far I can read hiragana fairly fluently. The hard part is, most of the time I don't know what it means. I have recordings and a dictionary on books, but I still need some more help. I'm thinking a computer program might do the trick, but I can't find one. Maybe a guild will work...?
ditto.
I'm 1/4 Japanese and so I've been taught alot when I was little but not much since my grandma died in 2001. Since then I've been depending on subtitles for translations.
I memorized mnemonics for hiragana and katakana so i got that down, but as far as kanji I suck!  

strange_dreams_512

Silver Kitsune Ivy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:49 am
My friend got this program online called before you know it... I'll ask her more abot it... Good luck I'm trying to learn Japanese too  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:52 pm
You understand Japanese isn't easy to learn right?(Not like any other language isn't hard)I have a friend,currently studing in Japan,and she teachs me,so I sugest a privete Tutor.A book can't really explain everything to you,and it can't help you when you make a mistake so...yeah...  

Yourouzoku

BillboardDreams

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:03 pm
hello~ i speak japanese  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:17 am
Well..
I dont know a site but i can teach you basic words and sentences..

Shadow_wish

Jennemo142

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:59 am
FFXIsKegan
you could a book ? eh??
lol  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:42 pm
ok well i've taken a year of nihongo (japanese)
and well go to google and put in japanese some sites will pop up that teach you hiragana katakana and kanji! also gives pronounciation of hiragana and does quizzes too!
馬鹿人!  

Plutonian Imperial Guard

Plutonian Imperial Guard

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:18 am
あいうえお
かきくけこ
さしすせそ
たちつてと
なにぬねの
はひふへほ
まみむめも
や ゆ よ
らりるれろ
わ  を
ん  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:51 am
ohio gozayimas, genky des ka? Boku genky. Boku lord_zefferex des. Boku kokuou Gaia des... ijirashii yowamiso des. Eda umou dzuki boku, Baga des...  

lord_zefferex

Plutonian Imperial Guard

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:27 am
where did you learn japanese!?
you may know the words but you do not know the correct spelling!
you insult the japanese language!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:50 pm
I'd like to learn Japanese, too. I've subscribed to that podcast mentioned earlier, and it's really good! My only problem is I learn from seeing, not hearing. I'd like to find a secondary source, like maybe a website. I might try that guild.

I do recommend that podcast (japanesepod101 or something like that). Its a good way to help pronounciation and stuff. biggrin  

sakiyna

Suguru Haji

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:18 am
What a pronounciation.. Well.. you're not a baga.. you're a baka! oO"
xd But it looks some kind of cute "XD

I guess I take next year also lessons for speaking it.. smile
You also learn quite a lot by looking anime with only english subs. oô  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:53 pm
WinterWind
I'm taking Japanese 2 in school! :]

How do you take japanese. Last time i checked, they dont have japaese as a for a choce. its like spanish and french and chinese and all this other stuff... but i didnt see japanese.  

Kuroppoi Ikimono

Novatierrie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:38 pm
こんばんは。ノバテアレーです。どうぞよろしく。なにをしますか。わたしはレプートをかきますでもろくじはんにじゅぎょうがあります。

...god I hope I didn’t just make a total a** of myself with that. Someone more experienced than me give a verdict? >_>

@ Juugo
Different schools have different choices. In high school, I had no option but Spanish. At the university here, I could take anything from Russian to French and back, but chose to take Japanese. I'm only a first year student, though, so I really hope I didn't completely screw something up just now. D:  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff