Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you help?
  yes
  no
View Results

BloodyKateMary89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:39 pm
*sigh* I didn't win the court case for custody, but I did at least get Emily to a better place.

She is going to a boarding school in Maine for the next three years; I have filled out a restraining order for my parents and so far they have kept to the agreement; they have not tried to contact me, nor have they tried to contact my sister, except for her monthly allowance.

I think things are finally getting better.

Hugs and kisses to all of you that gave me your support a few weeks ago. Thank you so much.

~Kiara  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:34 am
You have my deepest sympathies, but at least you're free of them and you're sister now has a chance at happiness.
A parents duty is too protect and nurture their children not force pointless rhetoric on them. I think you made the right choices and should take comfort in knowing you did all you could.  

Velorius

BloodyKateMary89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:15 am
Sometimes I feel as if I could have done more, but I couldn't.

There were three different mis-trials because extended family was picked at random to be members of the jury. Along with substantial amounts of money courtesy of Mom and Dad.

But... in three years, Emily can decide who she wants to live with or if she wants to stay at boarding school until she is eighteen. I'm worried about her in a place so far away, with so many new faces, but I am confident she will be able to make friends.

I am conflicted, but I am happy. Thanks smile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:19 pm
Your parents are dumbshits, they should accspt you for who you are. Im not cristian, so I do go to cruch and s**t, so IO dont know about that, but, Im Bi, My Mom has no clue. I dont think she wants me to be bi, because she dosent want out family to die or some s**t like that. What I do, I date who I wanna date, dont tell my mom, Im gonna tell my mom when I can legally rent an apartment. Im sorry about you being in the hotel, Thats horrid. They shouldnt discriminate because your different, They should be happy that your not like everyone else, A green apple in a batch of red apples.

See what I mean?

Amaraleigh

BloodyKateMary89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:56 pm
I totally get where you're coming from; I'm out of the hotel at last. I sealed the dela with the landlord of a nice little two-bedroom flat near my school, so I can continue with my education yet stil be close enough to my work that I don't have to get a taxi.

And that was a completely random piece of information.

Huggles to you, Purple Flame.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:25 pm
DarknessxFire
I totally get where you're coming from; I'm out of the hotel at last. I sealed the dela with the landlord of a nice little two-bedroom flat near my school, so I can continue with my education yet stil be close enough to my work that I don't have to get a taxi.

And that was a completely random piece of information.

Huggles to you, Purple Flame.

Good luck! ^_^ I hope you graduate, and go to collage, or gratuade for collage and get a good job. Something like that. Also, whoever your seeing right now, I wish you the best of luck! Especially since I hope it dosent go as bad as me and Ali.

Amaraleigh

tinkys85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:57 pm
dont worry things will get better i promise, im going to get my little sis from her father as soon as she turns 17  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:02 pm
Use their religion against them.

Isn't it true that God and Jesus love ALL PEOPLE? No matter what? Ask them for forgiveness and not to kick you out.

If they can't accept you and reject you, they're not really christians right? They might know the entire bible, but if they don't practice what they are being taught by God the Father Almighty, then they're not really a Christian/Catholic. :3 not sure if this will change how they think. o.O

BlossomSoul

BlossomSoul

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:13 pm
Wow. Congrats. I posted my previous post BEFORE I read you won. You deserve it. Your parents were really strict and mean~  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:45 pm
wow, well if your parents cant accept your wiccan religion and your being a lesbian why tell them, you dont need their blessing for either  

~ murderd in cold blood ~

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Gilded_Lotus

4,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:54 am
based off the information you have given us, your parents are really rich if they can spread mone around to all the jurors in a court case, am I right? if so, you were fighting a loosing battle from the very beginning, but I applaude you on your choice to fight anyway.
anyway...the restraining order against your parents may hold for a while, but not indefinatly, they are going to try and come to you, blood has strong ties in the christian belief (take it from me, I'm a catholic) but don't get me wrong, I've got tons of friends who are...shall we say, not supported by church doctrine, but i don't give a frak. My friends are seperate from the church, and shouldn't be subject to it's beliefs.

(personally I would try to appeal the decision because to flow of money your parents spread around)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:27 am
Wow that sucks. I knew girls my age (20 years old) who thought just like your parents. My parents are devoted catholics and they dont discriminate against anything I do. I dont go to church and they except that. I say your parents should except you for who you are. Your their daughter for cryin out loud. They shouldn't shun you for being into wicca because thats what you like. I'm sure in time they will see that their attitude toward you was wrong. If your old enough to take care of yourself I say go ahead and see what you can do to divorce your parents. I hope all goes well for you. I wish you luck. biggrin  

aveura

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:36 pm
rockergyrl
Wow that sucks. I knew girls my age (20 years old) who thought just like your parents. My parents are devoted catholics and they dont discriminate against anything I do. I dont go to church and they except that. I say your parents should except you for who you are. Your their daughter for cryin out loud. They shouldn't shun you for being into wicca because thats what you like. I'm sure in time they will see that their attitude toward you was wrong. If your old enough to take care of yourself I say go ahead and see what you can do to divorce your parents. I hope all goes well for you. I wish you luck. biggrin

i do doubt it though. religion seems to be the biggest factor in making complete douches. even though most religions teach about loving one another regardless, god will be the judge;it's not our job as mortals on earth, people do all that anyway, and cover their asses eith the benjamins. think about how many muslims are now saying 'we aren't all plane jacking suicide bombing lunatics' because of a few psychos. most christians use the bible to justify their bad behavior, and i'm the one getting in trouble because i'm saying we shouldn't persecute homosexuals (as far as i see it, that's god's job, not mine. my job as a human is to love them anyway and not hold it against them)there's actually a decent chunk of my family i refuse to deal with because they don't hold true to the values i KNOW they were taught.
at one point, when i was interested in wicca, i got a large talk about how i knew better than to deal with the devil, (all wiccas will likely go 'that's stupid', but that's what they said)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:20 am
i'm sorry. emotion_8c it sounds like they are try'n to contoll you. emotion_8c  

Jezzy _Pezzy

Newbie Explorer

2,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kitsune Voss

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:46 pm
BloodyKateMary89
I'm afraid to tell my family (who are all god-loving god-worshipping OMFG I'd kill my own daughter if it would mean bringing back Jesus people) that I'm a lesbian.

I'm also afraid to tell them that I've secretly converted to the Wicca faith.

I've tried to gently introduce the idea of me being a witch (since I'm into spells and all that people have just started calling me witch but I don't care so IDGaF) and it's always been the same answer:

"No daughter of mine will ever be a witch. She isn't good enough to even be a devout christian yet, so why should she be good enough to-to-to memorize incantations? Memorize herbs and all that bull pie!"

I've tried the same thing with my sexuality the answer was similar, but much more hurtful:

"You? Gay? Never! None of the good christian boys have asked you out yet, so why the heck do you think that you can get away with going with other girls? You aren't even attractive enough to find yourself a nice boy and produce a grandchild, let alone go with a girl and stay absinent your entire life and never produce any grandchildren and therefore never make me a grandson!"

I need advice and the number of a good therapist....

My advice is that you probably shouldnt say anything if you still live with/depend on them for things like food and shelter. Telling them the truth isn't worth being homeless if you don't have anywhere to go and things go badly.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff