Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
which is better anime TV shows or the Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demanicangel

1,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:57 am
manga because unless you have the unaltered anima tv show, it shows all the good and/or bloody parts  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:16 pm
Manga for the most part, although I have seen a few anime that are about equal to the manga, the only time thy're better is when the anime came out first. It's kind of like the Kingdom Hearts manga. I hate it because Sora beats th Alice in Wonderland Boss in one shot while I almost died when I did..... emo  

Invisible-chan

MickyGD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:05 pm
Manga!!

with the exception on FLCL of course!! wink  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:46 pm
Both are alright..  

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

movedmissouri

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:25 am
Spiral Knight
It depends.
A lot of anime f**k up the manga... So then the Manga is then far suerior.

case in point... Love Hina, Maho Sensei Negima.

I sooo agree. Bleach followed the manga for a while, and then it exploded----BOOM! Now the anime is farther than the manga, and the manga came first!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:37 am
I prefer the manga  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

slp101

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:21 pm
bagel_llama
I'd say the TV shows

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:59 am
If you're looking for the story, most of the time it's the manga.

If it's the art, it's usually the anime  

trusting paranoia

Cevadeva

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:11 pm
For me it depends. For fight scenes it would be the TV shows, because in the manga(Bleach) it's just a bunch of ink blots. But for dialog then I would prefer it on the manga. Although overall I go to the manga.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 pm
It depends on which is being adapted from which. Fruits Basket, for example, has a much more complete storyline and Akito is actually a girl in the manga. Wolf's Rain, on the other hand, is more complete as an anime. Both versions have their merits, but I too tend to prefer the manga. If only I had the shelf space for it... xd  

KatyaChekov

Nine-tailed Trickster

28,825 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Team Player 50
  • WilyTrickster 50

Little Nightmare

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:57 am
It all depends. I like both, but sometimes the manga is just better then the anime and sometimes its the other way around.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:03 pm
i ussually prefer the manga than the T.V> shows cause the shows have a lot of fillers (even though some of them aer funny) and the manga goes striagth to the point but it all depends on how good they are... sometimes the manga is bettr sometimes the shows are better  

applehead13

RyuKoneko

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 4:32 pm
When it comes to plot developement, manga all the way. I remember that I read 3 of the Chobits manga, and then since I liked it (for the plot, not the disturbing, mind-scarring parts), I tried the anime. I watched over ten episodes of annoying, no point-edness, and only saw about half as much plot. The anime annoyed me so much, I completely left the manga alone afterwards.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:54 am
It most cases, I prefer manga over tv anime because the manga always seems to go more in depth with the storyline and the characters, which I like.  

fluckyroo

Friendly Friend

8,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Arros_Raikou

Hilarious Gaian

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:25 am
Manga if it was createdfirst it is far more likely to be canon

It's cheaper, doesn't require a tv, I can read a chapter or two rather quickly where as anime lasts a set amount of time which sucks when you are pressed for time -.-, manga doesn't have filler nothing sucks worse than finding out ba character/fight/ability from an anime is in fact not really real and never really happened, some anime(Inuyasha, Zatch Bell, Rave Master etc) stop in the middle of the plot line without ever reaching a real conclusion, where as the manga keep going on -.-, some anime(Hellsing, Sailor Moon) don't follow the manga closely if they even follow it at all, I hated the first Hellsing anime for this since it was mostly Seras whining about not wanting to be a vamp etc where as the manga is the tale of how awesomely awesometacular Alucard is and Seras eventually becomes useful, manga are much easier to flip through and find particular plot points, fights character names etc than anime, loss of electricity doesn't impare enjoyment, manga usually have bios of characters and spell out their names so I'm more apt to remember who they are instead of giving the lesser cast goofy nicknames or being who was (random name here) again oh that guy/girl, it's easier to use manga as refrences for drawing stuff

Anime has colors, sounds so I know how to pronounce some of the wtf did a monkey jump on a typewriter names some characters have(like Ulquiorra and some of the other Espada/Arrancar from Bleach) movement etc

But I perfer Manga to anime but I still watch the anime adaptions of manga, and vice versa just I own way more Manga than I do official anime dvds ^^'' I'm a cheap man  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games