Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Favorite Fantasy Book? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Nightmare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:32 pm
Harry Potter
Sweep by Cate Teirnan
The Immortals quartet by Tamora Pierce
The Circle of Magic quartet by Tamora Pierce
and bunch of others.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:01 pm
I have two, both are by the same author- Darren Shan

* The Saga of Darren Shan (a.k.a.) Cirque du Freak
It is a 12 book series about the life of a boy who's life changes when he goes to a freak show and become's a vampire's assistant instead of his best friend who had wanted to be a vampire. It is a great, unique, addicting series.

* The Demonta
It is a (to be) 10 book series. I've only read the first two, although I think the third one's out I just haven't been to the book store recently, but they're still very very good. Personally I like the saga better, but some get more into this one. The first is about a boy who sees his family get killed by demons and then gets away using magic that he didn't know he had. He is sent to an insane assylum untill his uncle that he never met comes and takes him to live with him. Grubs (the boys nickname) believes he is a werewolf so a good majority is about him trying to get proof of it. The ending is about their encounter with the demons that killed his family. The second book is about a different boy who has a run in with the same and more demons and Grub's uncle when he was younger. The book is about the boy trying to find and save his baby brother from the demon world.

If you live in Europe there are more of the Demonta books out (I believe up to book four or five) but if your in the USA like me your stuck waiting xd These are more of horror fantasy books but fantasy all the same 3nodding

Ayllin

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:29 pm
As Little Nightmare has already said, any books by Tamora Pierce are the best!!!!!!

Song of the Lioness:
Alanna: The First Adventure
In the Hand of the Goddess
The Woman Who Rides Like a Man
Lioness Rampant

The Immortals:
Wild Magic
Wolf-Speaker
The Emperor Mage
The Realms of the Gods

Protector of the Small:

First Test
Page
Squire
Lady Knight

Trickster:
Trickster's Choice
Trickster's Queen

These are definitely worth reading (in the order written)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:07 pm
Some of my favourites:

The Temeraire series by Naomi Novik (so far composed of three books)
These have got to be some of my most favourite books. It's based during the Napoleonic wars so almost everything is based in that time period, with the exception of dragons. The dragons are very well thought out and have just as much personality and character as the human characters. It's a very well written and compelling series.

edit: after a quick search for the author's name I came across a juicy bit of news regarding this series; Peter Jackson is eyeing up the series to be turned into a movie or three.

The World at War series by Harry Turtledove.
A recreation of WWII but with fantasy elements taking the place of real world things. I found it eye opening and interesting as the entire series takes place from the eyes of more than a dozen characters from every side. As good as the series is, however, I wouldn't let anyone under 14 or 15 read it as it is very graphic in every way. And I'm not just talking about battles and death.

I'll think of more books later.  

Zephire

aurelia sabina

Codebreaking Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:43 pm
NIGHTLIFE By Rob Thurman
its actually Sci Fi... but its really good

heres the description from the back:

There are monsters among us. There always have been and there always will be. I've known that since I can remember, just like I've always known that I was one... Well, half of one, anyway

Welcome to the Big Apple. There's a troll under the Brooklyn Bridge, a boggle in Cenreal Park, and a beautiful vampire in a penthouse on the Upper East Side - and that's only the beginning. Of course, most humans are oblivious to the preternatural nightlife around them, but Cal Leandros is only hald human.

His father's dark lineage is the sutff of nightmares- and he and his entire otherworldly race are after Cal. Why? Cal hasn't exactly wanted to stick around long enough to find out.

He and his half brother, Niko, have managed to stay a step ahead for four years, but no Cal's dad has found them again. And Cal is about to learn why they want him, why they've always wanted him: He is the key to unleashing their hell on earht. The fate of the human world will be decided the fight of Cal's life...

((its REALLY good once you read it...))  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:07 am
Favor Fantasy book?? Mine would be Harry Potter...  

Kage Kaitou

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

seraphimstarlight

Devoted Cat

7,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:12 pm
goddessofforever
Most of my favorites have been said, but there's one I read quite recently that is soooooooooooooooooo awesome. It's called Twilight and it's by Stephenie Meyers. This book is about vampires and it is quite possibly the best book around. Also, the fact that the main character is hot helps. biggrin Also, there's a sequel out to it right now called New Moon, also very good, I think I like the sequel better prob. only because I'm in complete lust with the main character Jacob!

Same here! blaugh I love the Twilight series. I'm more of an Edward fan though...not that I don't have a soft spot for Jacob.

I'm also a fan of Dianna Wynne Jones who wrote Howl's Moving Castle. Some other books by her that I like are Castle in the Air, Dogsbody and the Chrestomanci Chronicles.

Garth Nix is another one of my favorites (Shade's Children, Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen.)  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games