Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What is “Love”? ...Yes I’m being serious.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
View Results

tenderlytwisted

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:53 pm
I just realized...How can we ever know if we are in love, if we don't know exactly what it is?

If we each define love in a different way.....it doesn't matter.

Because you may say i feel "this" or "that" is love and your partner may feel otherwise, but in the end it just comes down to how they make you feel at the end of the day. No matter what you call it, if it is real, I suppose it would be mutual. If its not "true whatever" then the relationship won't last.

I think true love or feelings mean that the feeling is returned because if it is not than there is something missing and you will know it deep down inside and the "true love" will be marred and in so not true after all.

And yes it seems that there are many types of love as there are of happiness or sadness.

And I belive that you can have these feelings that fall under love for anyone, friends, family, pets, etc

I hope someone understands what I mean.lol. It just kind of came out...Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about this subject. smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:43 pm
To put love into words...it is truly difficult.

Although love for certain is something that goes beyond physical attraction.

As someone has already stated here: You will know love once you are in it.

Keiji Death Kiss

Dirk Bolero

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:21 pm
It is good that you asked, for I am...

heart A LOVER OF LOVE!!! heart

While it's wrong to say that you can't control your emotions, love is far from an emotion. Love is an unstoppable force inside the hearts and minds of all people! BUT this does not mean it is forever. No, for indeed love lasts only as long as you let it! The initial passion, the fiery FURY of love when first felt, eventually begins to fall without CONSTANT NURTURING! Breakfast in bed, flowers, even just rubbing their shoulders... LOVE NEEDS THIS SWEET NOURISHMENT!

Love is like Chuck Norris. It can't be killed, but it still needs to eat! And the kindness and caring you show to your loved one is food. FOOD, I SAY!  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:03 pm
Love needs feeding...I couldn't have said it better myself. Nobody likes starving. ^_^ I guess thats why people stress so much over love...sometimes they freak out because they can't figure out love and forget to nourish it...  

tenderlytwisted

Cloudmix Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:17 pm
i think there is no true love, cus you have to know all the people in the world to know who do you love the most, who is the most important person of all.

Is hard to say if you have found your soul mate or true love, but wen you found some one that is so hard to you not being whit that person, that she/he makes you so hapy just being whit she/he, and that you wish you never get away from that person, that is because you truly love him/her.

that is what i think.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:00 pm
tiffehATTACK x: define love
SmarterChild: Love is what you perceive it to be.

And for once, he's right. In a way.

Love is many things.

Fetus Monster

Seority 2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:22 pm

Who really knows?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:43 pm
i dont think you can put words on it, its the most powerful emotion, yet noone understands it. I'm in love, not puppy love, or a crush...but love. To ME its a feeling you cant get rid of, even if you try.

i also belive love is closest to hate. There both the same yet opposite. Like good and evil. How can you tell the diffrents??

but that just what I think...  

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100

~enchanted heart~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:21 am
heart "True love requires no words" heart

quoted from a Korean movie "He was cool"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:29 am
Black_Sugar_2023
i dont think you can put words on it, its the most powerful emotion, yet noone understands it. I'm in love, not puppy love, or a crush...but love. To ME its a feeling you cant get rid of, even if you try.

i also belive love is closest to hate. There both the same yet opposite. Like good and evil. How can you tell the diffrents??

but that just what I think...

I beg to differ.

Hate is not the opposite of love.

Love requires caring. Hate requires caring too; why do you hate? Because you care enough to hate. =)

The actual opposite of love would be indifference.

I'm not trying to be mean. emo Just pointing out a fact.  

Miss Irene Adler

Miss Irene Adler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:37 am
And as to answer the main question...what is love...

There are many times where you think you're in love...but I think that there will be only one time where you will truly be in love...

Sure, you may love your puppy, Gaia, current boyfriend...

But those subjects are not enough to actually IN love. When you're loving someone, you care about that person. You don't want to hurt them at all. But all at the same time, it's really easy to move on. THAT, I would not even call it "love".

When you're in love with someone, you surpass that person's imperfection. You feel like you never want to depart from that person. You feel like if you ever do, you would die. You feel complete when you're with that person. You don't mind those silences when there are any between two of you...

Baaaah...I can't exactly finger it...but love isn't something that's temporary. It's everlasting. If it isn't eternal, then it's not love, it's something else.

I guess that's why I try not to say "I love you" to a person as often unless I really mean it. I found someone that I'm in love with, and he is the only one I say that to and really truly mean it. It's not an obligation to say so just because we're going out, but it's because I mean it whole-heartedly. He's not perfect, but I'm okay with that because neither am I. We both try our hardest to shape each other...

*ahem* Anyways...I hope I *somewhat* answered your question. My main point is that if you broke up with your boyfriend, then that truly wasn't love. It was more of a temporary thing...If you were in love with someone and that person returns your feelings whole-heartedly, he would never ever EVER leave you.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:34 pm
Vengeful-Suicide
love is what distracts our mind. Would You Kill Your Mother, Girlfriend, Wife If She Murdered Someone?

"Criminals Mock Societies Laws"

No, but I wouldn't kill anyone in cold blood. I don't think that's a valid argument.

Steamy_Dumpling
*ahem* Anyways...I hope I *somewhat* answered your question. My main point is that if you broke up with your boyfriend, then that truly wasn't love. It was more of a temporary thing...If you were in love with someone and that person returns your feelings whole-heartedly, he would never ever EVER leave you.

I couldn't disagree more. Some people choose to break up, not because there is a lack of love, but because the relationship isn't in the best interests of one or both of the people involved. Sometimes two people just don't have compatible life goals. In that case the selfish thing to do would be to stay together and deny your partner a chance to find someone they can love that DOES share their goals and vision for the future. Just because you've broken up does not mean you can't still love your ex.

Love is selflessly putting someone else's needs and wants above your own.  

alicorn01

BarZadok

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:08 pm
some greek love

agape-good will to each other, if you're hungry, here's some bread!

eros-sex, man and wife

phileos-friends, someone dear to you, a good buddy  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:39 pm
"Baby, don't hurt me... don't hurt me.... no more"

sorry, I had to! razz

I agree, love and friendship are very much alike. My fiance is my best friend. And I can't imagine my life without him or either of my two other good friends.  

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

beaulolais

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:58 am
there is a passionate rush when you first click with somebody and it lasts for 6 months max.

people keep looking for that and that i believe is why hollywood stars keep splitting up and finding other mates, but it can never last.

then there's a deeper calmer steadier affection that can last for years  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces