View Results

brownrino

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:21 am
um hi  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:07 pm
Main Entry: 1soul
Pronunciation: 'sOl
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English soule, from Old English sAwol; akin to Old High German sEula soul
1 : the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life
2 a : the spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universe b capitalized, Christian Science : GOD 1b
3 : a person's total self
4 a : an active or essential part b : a moving spirit : LEADER
5 a : the moral and emotional nature of human beings b : the quality that arouses emotion and sentiment c : spiritual or moral force : FERVOR
6 : PERSON
7 : PERSONIFICATION
8 a : a strong positive feeling (as of intense sensitivity and emotional fervor) conveyed especially by black American performers b : NEGRITUDE c : SOUL MUSIC d : SOUL FOOD e : SOUL BROTHER

This is in Webster's. It depends which one you look at b/c of the many definitons. But it's not if we have a soul but how we affect another's "soul"  

senic_orinite

unique_chick

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:48 am
Interesting thought. I do think I have a soul. I don't think the soul can die but I do believe one can experience spiritual death. That comes from not having a relationship with God. It's when u feel empty and like there's something missing in ur life. When u fix the relationship, you are resurrected.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:17 pm
no i dont belive i have a soul because i dont belive in god so thats why when u took ayay my ody i died  

alinasworld

Mistress_Dark_Korigashine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:12 pm
Wow...Got me really thinking now. O.o Well...yes and no I guess....It depends for me. Sometimes I do, other times I don't....Kinda weird, I know, but hey, I'm not normal.-Smiles.-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:07 pm
Of course I have a soul. My soul is me. If I did not have a soul I would not be me and I would not exist because to exist is to have a soul.  

Yoshimasa_the_Radiant

dgfhjkjhf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:23 pm
I don't believe in souls, and i don't believe that i have a soul. But... One could never know. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 pm
Interesting first post- however, a mental image of your physical self does not necessarily represent the soul, and I can't answer the question of whether there was something left of me before I went "poof", I saw where you were going with that and purposely imagined something non-physical being left.

I do believe in the soul. I believe that any creature that is self aware, as we are, and has the ability to feel and display emotions, as we do, must have a soul. Of course, it is true that I cannot know or provide any physical evidence that I or anyone has a soul, but-since most people seem to think that souls aren't physical things anyway-you might see where that could be a problem.

I just think it's ridiculous, and arrogant, to think that there is nothing greater than the brief and physical existence of human beings. I think it's ridiculous that considering all that remains unexplained and unexplored in this universe that anyone could say that there is no soul. Aside from that, you can't prove a negative! You can only prove a positive.

T h e s t e p H

[ Mod ] James

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:57 pm
A soul is an illusion. If you let yourself believe in it then it exists, if you choose not to accept it then it is not there. A soul is taboo that can be chosen or ignored. I believe the term "soul" originally derived from religion. If you have no standing on religion, do not believe, etc. then you shouldnt worry about wether or not you have a soul. And if you believe that you love, care, (insert human emotion here) etc. tehn remember that all emotions are proven chemical equations that occur in you body that people choose to accept as something else, an illusion, even though it is nothing more than simple reactions in your body causing you to do this. If you really want to prove you have a sould then i believe you would have to start getting into deeper topics like Astral Projection etc, etc...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:01 pm
Idunno I think that we do have souls, and they resemble how you see yourself. Like in the first post I believe that once you are dead your concious mind takes over the soul and then you acend into the after life and then so on to what ever you believe in. Kind of like in movies how the charater is standing over his/her dead body wondering what happened. Or would that be the Spirit?  

SoulGuardian

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200

T h e s t e p H

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:25 pm
Vermillioncurse
A soul is an illusion. If you let yourself believe in it then it exists, if you choose not to accept it then it is not there. A soul is taboo that can be chosen or ignored. I believe the term "soul" originally derived from religion. If you have no standing on religion, do not believe, etc. then you shouldnt worry about wether or not you have a soul. And if you believe that you love, care, (insert human emotion here) etc. tehn remember that all emotions are proven chemical equations that occur in you body that people choose to accept as something else, an illusion, even though it is nothing more than simple reactions in your body causing you to do this. If you really want to prove you have a sould then i believe you would have to start getting into deeper topics like Astral Projection etc, etc...

I've never denied science when it presents me with proof. I know that endorphines make people feel good/happy, and that other feelings and emotions are caused by other chemicals, but I've always seen this as the "how", not the "why" [and yes, I did get that from South Park]. And I don't think it's a choice, either. I'm not saying that I was forced to believe in the soul, just that there was never a morning when I woke up and decided "I'll spend my life believing in all things invisible, metaphysical, and unproven by science!"

I'm also not trying to say that the existence of the soul can be proven [at least not with today's technology], but you can't prove it doesn't exist either.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:03 pm
It is a question that we may never know the answer to. But, my question to you is, How will your life change if you know if you have one? How will it change if you know you don't?
Would you try to save your soul?
Doesn't that defeat the purpose of your actions in the first place?
Shouldn't one be inherently good or evil?
If you disobey your desires, are you really being a human?
Or are you trying to be something else? Something you're not?
Well, I'm not going to change personally.
But it does make you think doesn't it?  

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

RoseyLady

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:26 am
Nope, I have no soul. Instead I've got a cookie that when I was young I'd let everyone take a bite of... then some greedy jerk stuffed more then half of it in his mouth. Because of that I kept the cookie hidden for years. Then 2 years ago someone said he liked my cookie even though he hadn't even tasted it, and I gave all to him. The End heart mrgreen heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:37 pm
I think i got a soul...  

Zemith

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out