Submit

Arius Geiza

Dapper Conversationalist

6,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:37 pm
The Christian system has so many flaws and inaccuracies, mostly through its blatant contradictions, but I won't really get into that. I respect their beliefs, and ask only that they try not to impose upon me, as an agnostic, or anything else I choose to be.

brad175
One question. If I am standing on top of a 10 story building and I say to myself, "There is no gravity," will I fall? Religions or philosophys such as Wicca and Buddhisim believe that there are no absolutes, that truth can found for the individual. Well, I don't believe that. Infact, I think that is quite idiotic, something that you don't need any kind of faith to believe.

Something that does not require any sort of faith to believe? Oh how wrong you are...

The faith lies in yourself, above ALL else. Especially in Buddhism and Wicca. Buddhism is a path to enlightenment, it is a discovery of oneself, you have to have faith in what you are searching for, what you are devoting your life to, or you will lose track.

Wicca is the celebration of many different deities, which come to people in many different forms. They came to the Greeks and the Romans, the Celts and the Germanic tribes. These people honored them, and in most cases worshipped them out of fear, or belief they would be smitten if they did not. They had to have faith in themselves, and the magicks behind their traditions and rituals.

From my perspective, these deities have their own personalities, you work with them, and you be cautious of what you are doing. You never have to worship. Above all, Wicca is the celebration of nature, and how things move about the universe. All the previous Sabbats (before Christianity turned them into Sabbaths... lol ) were there to honor different deities, their time of year, and how nature balances itself through cycles.

brad175
Witchcraft IS mentioned in the Bible. It is mentioned as a wicked sin. Now, before you accuse me of "passing judgement," you first need to understand what judgement is.
Judgement: making fun, putting down, ridiculing, scoffing
Whoever you are, I accept you. I shall hate even the clothing stained by the corrupted flesh, in a manner of speaking, but I shall show only love towards you.

You have minimized judgement to the most simplest of the many many forms it comes in. Judgement is not merely poking fun. Judgement can in some cases be considered an absolute state of mind. If you pass judgement upon something or someone without mercy or merit, you have created an absolute truth in your mind that this is the way things are. You may not be poking fun, you may simply be closing your mind on a particular subject. In fact...you yourself would have created a truth for your own individuality...much like the idea you shunned earlier...hmm...

brad175
However, I do not and will not ever accept this philosophy called Wicca. How can I? By my beliefs as a follower of Christ, there IS but one path to God. Do you want proof? Jesus said it himself:

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

By the way, according to the Bible, worshiping any other false god is worship of Satan. That's your misconception there.

Pm me to dispute any time about anything relating to God. Bring to me your "contradictions" and such and I shall tackle them all.
Pride? No. Faith, for God is with me.

GoddessRealm629
does anyone recall the bible was write by men...odinary men.

That is all I have to say to this portion. The bible was written by men. This God is supposed to be an omnipotent, omniscent, all knowing, all seeing, being of pure good where no evil can touch him, for evil is the absence of God, no? Yet everything that is said and known comes from a text written by the flawed race of humans. The one said to be created in "his" image. This is one reason for the rambunctious contradictions that litter the teachings of the church. A true follower of this faith, I would say, would have to find his/her own path to God, and not through anyone else.

To conclude, I leave with my own opinion. I am a believer in the unknown, there is power out there that is greater than us, there must be, I have seen far too much for there to be otherwise, this I know and will not dispute, however I do not believe a single entity exists to watch over all things, there are many, and each one is given power by those who believe in it. There are many that we don't know about as well, for other worlds that contain life who honor higher beings.

My thoughts, God is real, God exists, God, is ancient as the Romans where his rise to power began through the teachings of men claiming to have seen his son. This God, is Roman in nature, this God is a God of War and Chaos. He has little mercy upon those he sees little use of, he is drunk on power, but has become responsible. He knows the consequences for neglecting his believers as they begin to perish by plague and famine, and he begins to lose some of his power. He fears others into whorshipping him, to gain more, and slanders the Horned God in an attempt to convince others. He thrives to create imbalance where there is balance, for that is the essence of chaos, and without chaos, nothing can proceed.

Imbalance causes nature to react; it wishes to correct and fill. Species go extinct, others mutate, the ground is reshaped, and the air reformed. From these imbalances breed a number of things that cause the universe to change and reshape.

This is what I believe about the nature of things, and the forces of nature. They are much larger than ours, and while there are limited resources out in the expanses of space and the universe, do not underestimate its might.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:27 pm
Kabol_Schezar

That is all I have to say to this portion. The bible was written by men. This God is supposed to be an omnipotent, omniscent, all knowing, all seeing, being of pure good where no evil can touch him, for evil is the absence of God, no? Yet everything that is said and known comes from a text written by the flawed race of humans. The one said to be created in "his" image. This is one reason for the rambunctious contradictions that litter the teachings of the church. A true follower of this faith, I would say, would have to find his/her own path to God, and not through anyone else.

To conclude, I leave with my own opinion. I am a believer in the unknown, there is power out there that is greater than us, there must be, I have seen far too much for there to be otherwise, this I know and will not dispute, however I do not believe a single entity exists to watch over all things, there are many, and each one is given power by those who believe in it. There are many that we don't know about as well, for other worlds that contain life who honor higher beings.

My thoughts, God is real, God exists, God, is ancient as the Romans where his rise to power began through the teachings of men claiming to have seen his son. This God, is Roman in nature, this God is a God of War and Chaos. He has little mercy upon those he sees little use of, he is drunk on power, but has become responsible. He knows the consequences for neglecting his believers as they begin to perish by plague and famine, and he begins to lose some of his power. He fears others into whorshipping him, to gain more, and slanders the Horned God in an attempt to convince others. He thrives to create imbalance where there is balance, for that is the essence of chaos, and without chaos, nothing can proceed.

Imbalance causes nature to react; it wishes to correct and fill. Species go extinct, others mutate, the ground is reshaped, and the air reformed. From these imbalances breed a number of things that cause the universe to change and reshape.

This is what I believe about the nature of things, and the forces of nature. They are much larger than ours, and while there are limited resources out in the expanses of space and the universe, do not underestimate its might.

i completely agree...  

madhatie

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:03 pm
The thing is with God is he is unknowable because of his vastness, and thus comes to use in different forms, be it the gods and goddesses of ancient Kemet (Egypt), the christian trinity, or however you believe. God is niether good nor evil, but a being of perfect balance and order beyond what we comprehend as order. because our souls are eternal as we were made in his image, he sometimes needs to burn away that which is temporal, to include our mortal vessels. Many times when natural tragedy occurs, it occurs with a reason behind it that most cannot understand until afterwards and with deep reflection. I myself am Kemetic, a former Roman Catholic brought over by the love and feel of the divine by Sekhmet, the goddess of healing and karma. Also, for those who think the Catholic church is without fualt, you might want to look at the past. All religions have suffered when those who are unable to wield thier power responsibly are in charge. For Christians, it was the Spanish Inquisition and the slaughter of many native americans who refused to give up thier beliefs. For the Jews, it was the corruption of thier high priests and thier personal greed that brought Jesus to the cross, not just his fate. For my faith, it was the last pharoahs who allowed greed to become part of thier lives and caused the downfall of the faith. The faith itself in most all religions is of goodness and balance when kept properly and with humility and compassion and with understanding of others, which is what I have been taught as a Kemetic. As a Catholic, I was taught there was only one way and everyone else was going to hell in a handbag, and most others have been ridiculed for thier different beliefs. And yet, did jesus not teach us to love one another, even your enemies? Many have become blindingly hypocritical, but thankfully not all. The wars that have spawned through the centuries, including today, are due mostly because of intollerance to other's religious beliefs. Even the Revolutionary War had religion as one of the main reasons, the freedom to worship how once chooses, yet even afterwards many non-christians suffered in a rather twisted irony, including wiccans and native americans. I say this: We should not be debating weather or not one religion is better than another or denouncing those who follow a different path. Such actions are offensive to the Creator, whomever you believe Him to be. Instead, believe what you will and bring no judgement on others for what they believe, hold no hatred or predjudice in your heart towards them. If the world can learn this much, the wars will start to die out and people will begin to realize what fools they have been all of this time by letting thier anger, intollerance and ignorance lead them down the brutal and senseless paths of killing one another.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:35 am
unique_chick
Dude, sorry about the way u feel. I apologize on behalf of all those who have tried to make u feel bad 'cause of ur religion. I'm Christian, but I practice tolerance. I'm friends with all people 'cause when it comes down to it, God is love. Jesus never judged so I try not to either. He viewed everyone with love even if he didn't aprove of any of the things we do (including myself). God loves sinners but hates their sin. We are all sinners and constantly sin (even Christians) which is why I ask for forgiveness as often as I can and try not to make the same mistakes twice.

I'm also a Christian.. A Roman Catholic to be exact. I believe in God...But I don't believe in our church. Simply because it's just pathetic to see those people who goes to church everyday..preaching the so called word of God yet they themselves spit on every word of it. These hypocrites condemn those who doesn't follow their commandments yet they themselves have broken every one of it.  

Sedahs_Cigam

Seeker_of_Skybreak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:20 pm
I'm neo-pagan, and my best friends are catholic and mormon. we get into a lot of weird discussions on religion--but we don't bash eachother's beliefs.
And i'd also like to point out that those Christians who do call wiccans 'witches' with a negative meaning and call us pagans "raving delusional heretics who are going to burn in hell" are actually disobeying an aspect of thier own own faith--be tolerant of other religions.
Does this strike you as a little hypocritical from a faith that preaches about a god and messiah who is "the embodiment of goodness and lack of sin"?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:57 pm
Seeker_of_Skybreak
I'm neo-pagan, and my best friends are catholic and mormon. we get into a lot of weird discussions on religion--but we don't bash eachother's beliefs.
And i'd also like to point out that those Christians who do call wiccans 'witches' with a negative meaning and call us pagans "raving delusional heretics who are going to burn in hell" are actually disobeying an aspect of thier own own faith--be tolerant of other religions.
Does this strike you as a little hypocritical from a faith that preaches about a god and messiah who is "the embodiment of goodness and lack of sin"?

My point exactly  

King Robert Silvermyst

lovelylilflower2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:11 am
unique_chick
Dude, sorry about the way u feel. I apologize on behalf of all those who have tried to make u feel bad 'cause of ur religion. I'm Christian, but I practice tolerance. I'm friends with all people 'cause when it comes down to it, God is love. Jesus never judged so I try not to either. He viewed everyone with love even if he didn't aprove of any of the things we do (including myself). God loves sinners but hates their sin. We are all sinners and constantly sin (even Christians) which is why I ask for forgiveness as often as I can and try not to make the same mistakes twice.

thats awsome, im the same way, and i dont believe wiccans worship satan on pupose, i think it that there worshiping there god and the devil takes the form of that god. and plus God lets us Kill people becasue he gave us free will, how would you feel if you were bossed around and told what to do or even couldnt control what you do. IT WOULD SUCk, thats why God gave us free will  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:21 am
Kabol_Schezar
The Christian system has so many flaws and inaccuracies, mostly through its blatant contradictions, but I won't really get into that. I respect their beliefs, and ask only that they try not to impose upon me, as an agnostic, or anything else I choose to be.

brad175
One question. If I am standing on top of a 10 story building and I say to myself, "There is no gravity," will I fall? Religions or philosophys such as Wicca and Buddhisim believe that there are no absolutes, that truth can found for the individual. Well, I don't believe that. Infact, I think that is quite idiotic, something that you don't need any kind of faith to believe.

Something that does not require any sort of faith to believe? Oh how wrong you are...

The faith lies in yourself, above ALL else. Especially in Buddhism and Wicca. Buddhism is a path to enlightenment, it is a discovery of oneself, you have to have faith in what you are searching for, what you are devoting your life to, or you will lose track.

Wicca is the celebration of many different deities, which come to people in many different forms. They came to the Greeks and the Romans, the Celts and the Germanic tribes. These people honored them, and in most cases worshipped them out of fear, or belief they would be smitten if they did not. They had to have faith in themselves, and the magicks behind their traditions and rituals.

From my perspective, these deities have their own personalities, you work with them, and you be cautious of what you are doing. You never have to worship. Above all, Wicca is the celebration of nature, and how things move about the universe. All the previous Sabbats (before Christianity turned them into Sabbaths... lol ) were there to honor different deities, their time of year, and how nature balances itself through cycles.

brad175
Witchcraft IS mentioned in the Bible. It is mentioned as a wicked sin. Now, before you accuse me of "passing judgement," you first need to understand what judgement is.
Whoever you are, I accept you. I shall hate even the clothing stained by the corrupted flesh, in a manner of speaking, but I shall show only love towards you.

You have minimized judgement to the most simplest of the many many forms it comes in. Judgement is not merely poking fun. Judgement can in some cases be considered an absolute state of mind. If you pass judgement upon something or someone without mercy or merit, you have created an absolute truth in your mind that this is the way things are. You may not be poking fun, you may simply be closing your mind on a particular subject. In fact...you yourself would have created a truth for your own individuality...much like the idea you shunned earlier...hmm...

brad175
However, I do not and will not ever accept this philosophy called Wicca. How can I? By my beliefs as a follower of Christ, there IS but one path to God. Do you want proof? Jesus said it himself:

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

By the way, according to the Bible, worshiping any other false god is worship of Satan. That's your misconception there.

Pm me to dispute any time about anything relating to God. Bring to me your "contradictions" and such and I shall tackle them all.

GoddessRealm629

The Bible was written by man, yes but, god told them what to write  

lovelylilflower2

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:45 pm

Wicca was started by Gerald Gardner. Gerald Gardner was a thelemite, who defected and made his own pacifistic version of Thelema, that devoted itself to the metaphysical... and holds a two-sided God (sun up/sun down) and a three-sided Goddess (waxing (the maiden), Full (the Lady), waning (the Crone)) above all else. I guess he was tired of thinking Frater Perdurabo (Aleister Crowley) was a prophet (I am inclined to feel the same).

I am not wiccan or thelemite... but I do tend to agree that to be Wiccan, on must be either a Gardnerian or Alexandrian Wiccan. Or at least the initiators must have originally been from one of those two sects. One can not be Wiccan if they do not worship both the God and goddess... and they must be the Wiccan deities... none of this "Hellenic" wicca et cetera. That is not Wicca... it is a nature-based religion that follows Greek deities.

In the Old testament witchcraft was evil sorcery. In the New testament, it was poisoning. Every religion, including Christianity, has changed from its beginnings... and every religion will be used to the advantage of individuals.

The Crusades were mentioned. That was an example of religion and politics coming together in the worst possible way. High ranking religious officials were fighting for their own goals.

Someone else said that the Qabalah was a fad. I'll start by saying no. The Qabalah is older than you probably think. It is, essentially, Hebrew mysticism. So unless you think that judaism is "just a fad" then I would suggest retracting the statement. I'm not Jewish, or a qabalist, and found myself bothered by that remark.

I'll do a quick recap with a little extra:
Gerald Gardener got most of his ideas from a group he had left (which was a monotheistic group, by the way). He lied about its origins. Most people who think they are Wiccan, really probably aren't (I won't kill you for saying you are, just because you weren't initiated or because you hate Gardner). That just makes it a matter of semantics.

Leave the Crusades alone. It could have happened with any group (and, for that matter, did).

No one is perfect, and most people claiming to follow the Law of Three don't.

The Qabalah is older than Wicca, and many of its origins (no Wicca wasn't the end of some uber old witch-cult... don't lie to yourself). It was no more a fad than Wicca is. If anyone contradicts the statement that the Qabalah was not a fad, they then assert that Wicca is a fad (of which there is ample evidence).

All that is left to be said is: play nice. If you don't like someone, learn to deal with it. If your religion forbids something... then start your own splinter sect... everyone else is doing it...

Wish I had more to say right now...

93 93/93.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:17 pm
lovelylilflower2
Kabol_Schezar

brad175

brad175

brad175

GoddessRealm629

The Bible was written by man, yes but, god told them what to write

You believe that? So basically some man at one point or another was just sitting around and all of a sudden he hears voices in is head and decides to write it down saying that it was God? Well that sounds like a reliable source of information to base you life around... Also, did God tell King James, as well as many other kings and popes, to revise the bible?
Ever heard of the Council of Nicaea? That was when Roman Emperor Constantine (the "Christian" emperor) got a bunch of people together and decided that nature of Jesus Christ. They picked and chose pieces of his life and teachings to include in the spread of the religion. The whole Mary Magdeline thing, whether he was same substance as God or merely of similar substance, that sort of thing. So a group of men decided about this and it's what you know to be Jesus' life.
And Constantine pretty much took a gamble. He saw the rise of the Christians and figured that it couldn't hurt to indulge them to quit the killings. He was baptized against his will on his deathbed.  

invisblebuddy

Artemisia_Luniferum

Feral Bookworm

12,165 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm
My two cents:

Me and my girl have been dating for about 4 months. She's Christian, whereas I am Wiccan. Despite the differences in our religions, we respect each other and love each other no matter what. The point: I don't think that religion should be such a big deal. Whether you pray to God or to the Goddess or any other "higher being", it all leads back to the creator.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:52 pm
Getsmartyouass
Himura_Battousia
brad175
One question. If I am standing on top of a 10 story building and I say to myself, "There is no gravity," will I fall? Religions or philosophys such as Wicca and Buddhisim believe that there are no absolutes, that truth can found for the individual. Well, I don't believe that. Infact, I think that is quite idiotic, something that you don't need any kind of faith to believe. Witchcraft IS mentioned in the Bible. It is mentioned as a wicked sin. Now, before you accuse me of "passing judgement," you first need to understand what judgement is.
Whoever you are, I accept you. I shall hate even the clothing stained by the corrupted flesh, in a manner of speaking, but I shall show only love towards you. However, I do not and will not ever accept this philosophy called Wicca. How can I? By my beliefs as a follower of Christ, there IS but one path to God. Do you want proof? Jesus said it himself:

You bring forth your "proof" with the condition that Christianity is indeed true. It says that Jesus is the only way in the bible because the Vatican heads that got together and edited the bible to their liking wanted more members. And who are you to say that any other God is fale? There was no misconception, because your base for your argument has the condition on it that Christianity is true. Bring some proof without the condition that you are right and I will consider that as an argument. Until that time, your sources and "proof" are all a bunch of BS that you can prove to yourself but you couldn't shove down the throat of a monkey.

agree
Umm
Imma play nasty here
but Jesus was jewish, and human
And he said Father
but what about Mother
come on now
in (almost) every speicies on the planet, there is a male and a female
(except in a speices of salamander/lizard((i furgot)) that is hermaphroditic)
male and female are equal
Why is there no Goddess?  

AvariciaMooneater

AvariciaMooneater

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:54 pm
Also, on the subject of Mary Magdalene
she was not a prostitute
Mary was a common name in those days and the christian version of her is a combination of many mary's
Magdalene was a title given to a high ranking preistess of the goddess or something(i cant remember, it was something along those lines)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:00 pm
Khalida Nyoka

Wicca was started by Gerald Gardner. Gerald Gardner was a thelemite, who defected and made his own pacifistic version of Thelema, that devoted itself to the metaphysical... and holds a two-sided God (sun up/sun down) and a three-sided Goddess (waxing (the maiden), Full (the Lady), waning (the Crone)) above all else. I guess he was tired of thinking Frater Perdurabo (Aleister Crowley) was a prophet (I am inclined to feel the same).

I am not wiccan or thelemite... but I do tend to agree that to be Wiccan, on must be either a Gardnerian or Alexandrian Wiccan. Or at least the initiators must have originally been from one of those two sects. One can not be Wiccan if they do not worship both the God and goddess... and they must be the Wiccan deities... none of this "Hellenic" wicca et cetera. That is not Wicca... it is a nature-based religion that follows Greek deities.

In the Old testament witchcraft was evil sorcery. In the New testament, it was poisoning. Every religion, including Christianity, has changed from its beginnings... and every religion will be used to the advantage of individuals.

The Crusades were mentioned. That was an example of religion and politics coming together in the worst possible way. High ranking religious officials were fighting for their own goals.

Someone else said that the Qabalah was a fad. I'll start by saying no. The Qabalah is older than you probably think. It is, essentially, Hebrew mysticism. So unless you think that judaism is "just a fad" then I would suggest retracting the statement. I'm not Jewish, or a qabalist, and found myself bothered by that remark.

Gerald Gardener got most of his ideas from a group he had left (which was a monotheistic group, by the way). He lied about its origins. Most people who think they are Wiccan, really probably aren't (I won't kill you for saying you are, just because you weren't initiated or because you hate Gardner). That just makes it a matter of semantics.

Leave the Crusades alone. It could have happened with any group (and, for that matter, did).

The Qabalah is older than Wicca, and many of its origins (no Wicca wasn't the end of some uber old witch-cult... don't lie to yourself). It was no more a fad than Wicca is. If anyone contradicts the statement that the Qabalah was not a fad, they then assert that Wicca is a fad (of which there is ample evidence).

All that is left to be said is: play nice. If you don't like someone, learn to deal with it. If your religion forbids something... then start your own splinter sect... everyone else is doing it...

93 93/93.
wicca was NOT started by gerald gardner
wicca had been existing before even christian times, had gone underground, and was brought to the surface by gerald gardner
One CAN be wiccan without belonging the the two sects you named
those are just the more well known sects
your right on the knowledge that no one is perfect, but
'ever mind the rule of three, what you give out comes back to thee'
does not have anything to do with perfection. it means, what you reap is what you sow  

AvariciaMooneater

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:46 pm
Aurelia the Neko Witch
Khalida Nyoka

93 93/93.
wicca was NOT started by gerald gardner
wicca had been existing before even christian times, had gone underground, and was brought to the surface by gerald gardner
One CAN be wiccan without belonging the the two sects you named
those are just the more well known sects
your right on the knowledge that no one is perfect, but
'ever mind the rule of three, what you give out comes back to thee'
does not have anything to do with perfection. it means, what you reap is what you sow

I would have no problem agreeing that wicca was as old as you claim, if there were any proof of it. There isn't. The lady (whose name I don't remember) that published the "history" was found to be a fraud just a few years later.There is no way to properly determine the date of the Rede or of the Laws, because all we have to go on is the word of one or two people... and they are long dead, if I remember right.

So making the assumption that Gardner did not start it all up on his own, then he did make it public... and the only real way into the group, wherein you would learn their Secrets and the Elemental Weapon of Ether, would be through a genuine Coven... not through worshipping Diana or Athena.

The only Wicca that is actual wicca would have to be the people who follow the beliefs of the ACTUAL fertillity cult (yes, you heard me, Wicca is actually a fertillity cult), while worshipping the Lord and Lady of the Isles (you should also know their true names).

EDIT:

I went back and altered your post, so that the quote of me would be less page-stretchy... I tend to write walls of text when I'm "In the Zone," so to speak.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff