to some extent
  i'm hungry
  i just want gold
  i don't kow
View Results

Ze Madder Hatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:18 pm
deathysmile
I got into a big disscution with my friends about this subject. Is it all right to teach boys that they could cry, or keep with the whole "boys don't cry" sceme?

this is to anyone

Hell yeah guys are allowed to cry. Everyone has emtotions, why not express them?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:43 pm
I feel that to some extent boys should be able to cry. It is true that it is bad to pent up your emotions and hold it all in but if you're going to be crying over stubbing your toe or getting a paper cut I'd say put up with it. It's never right to cry too much but if you cry when things are just too much, it's perfectly acceptable. Crying is a desplay of emotion and without it some people wouldn't be able to smile, it also can be a call for help as people become curiouse or worried why the person is crying. This makes it perfectly acceptable because everyone needs a little help now and then.  

Lovin Tha High Lifee

9,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

HiddenWolfNinja

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:18 am
This is something i can really relate to. if you keep your emotion supressed and dont allow it out, then you can become pretty depressed. this happened to me pretty can from 6th till even now. im a 12th grade guy, and now i find it hard to cry unless its extreme physical pain ( which till now i just realized may be the reason people cut, or some of them anyways) or that a have a break down. those suck too, take forever for me to recover now. but you can see from like 6th grade ( when my parents started thinking of divorce) to 7th ( when i started not giving a s**t) to 8th ( when i just couldnt take it) and 9th ( when i thought i was ok) to 10th ( when i was breakdown in classes) to 11th ( when i got alot better) to now ( when im ok in class and dont care anymore). pretty be changes, and all cus i never talked to anyone in time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:29 pm
Very good...

now let me spice it up a little bit, we all know children should be allowed to cry, and some teenage boys are aloud to cry, but Hypothically, What if you are in charge of a situation that demands that you show no emotion, like a father trying to raise 4 children motherless, or a son taking charge of the father role un willingly?

would you breakdown at one point?

Try your best to hold it together until the end?

Do what you feel its right?

p.s. these situations happen every day int eh world.  

XxRetroSpectrexX

o0o_missteriousmystiq_o0o

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:41 pm
It's alright when men cries in general, nothing wrong with shedding some reasonable ginuwine tears of sadness; it's bad to suppress any kind of emotions; we are humans we are not made of stone, we are creatures...people in general has feelings. But if you whine and cry like a little baby; then that's too far gone out of line. We don't want whiney people, we have children to do that for us; so when people grows older they shouldn't have carried that annoying habit to get attention or get what they want.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:46 pm
in my opinion ninja : technically speaking, those situations u portray there don't exactly DEMAND it, but yes, i acknowledge that we, OURSELVES, would impose that demand, that need and obligation. there would, i think, most certainly b a point in which we would break-down. for example, [it's long, so u can jump it if u don't wanna read much]: i didn't take the role of father [or mother for that matter], but at the age of 11 my father developed a mental illness [yesh, just that, bcs not even docs can say what he says. let's round it up in " a little bit of several things". symptoms of this and that, but not enough to say this OR that.] my point being, we owned a bike shop, and of course, mother worked [as a proffessor]. shortening the story here, i was forced, AT THE AGE OF 11, to assume the role of a grown-up, basically enough guiding my father thru the whole accounting stuff, the basics of a bike mechanic, selling, and such. i'd get out of school, cross the street, and it'd b like going to work, staying helping around [guiding my father with the help of my sister, age 10, and my bro's when they could as they got out of their own work and/or college] 'til 5:30pm, when we'd close up and head home. only then could i get my time for studies. . so, yeah, the point of the story is: there would, undoubtedly, be a moment in which we break down, cry before or not, thru the problem, or not. fact is, i still breakdown, and father no longer lives with us [parents divorcing] and we no longer own the bike shop. so, in such situations, no matter how much u cry, there will b creakdowns: those ARE the breakdowns. however, the more u hold it in, the worse they'll b. our nature, as i have observed in others as well as me, is to try and hold it together 'til the end, the problem is, doing that, there will b no end, bcs it'll keep eating at us. doing this, holding it together [or trying to] 'til the end is what we feel would b right. for some, only for those that it works, it IS the right thing. but if u r one that u notice it doesn't work, it's wrong, and maybe u should try a new strategy, a different approach to the situation.... that's what i think, anyway. but yeah, i know it's long xd , but it's what i think, evry single word! whee  

Sotur

Makius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:32 pm
I think guys should be able to cry at an extent. I mean you shouldn't be bawling over every bad thing that happens. Crying in public is something you should probably avoid as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:29 pm
Makius
I think guys should be able to cry at an extent. I mean you shouldn't be bawling over every bad thing that happens. Crying in public is something you should probably avoid as well.

that's a very good point. Men, since the damn of history, have been precived as people who MUST be tough, a civil standard to the way things work. How has history turnned this theory into a stereotype of what a real man is today?
i wonder where everything went wrong... confused  

XxRetroSpectrexX

Sotur

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 am
deathysmile
Makius

that's a very good point. Men, since the damn of history, have been precived as people who MUST be tough, a civil standard to the way things work. How has history turnned this theory into a stereotype of what a real man is today?
i wonder where everything went wrong... confused

i think the stereotype comes in when u get used to things a little bit too much. it becomes a habit, and like the cliche goes: old habits are hard to break. meaning u got so used to how things work, u'd even, maybe, b afraid of change. this seemingly has nothing to do, but i think that saying applies in just about evrything, even this. so, i think that's where the theory [more like behavior, i'd say] turned into a stereotype  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:40 am
Sotur
deathysmile
I got into a big disscution with my friends about this subject. Is it all right to teach boys that they could cry, or keep with the whole "boys don't cry" sceme?

this is to anyone

u have no idea how much i love u right now for posting this. i've had a thought about this for a long-a** time, in fact, i even have a post on my journal about it. anyway, on with the answer: of course boys should b allowed to cry! it's a form of expressing emotions! i mean, not to the cry-baby extent, of course, personally speaking, boy or girl, cry-baby is simply NOT RIGHT. i understand that boys r meant to imply and give out an air of strenght, and up to a point, crying is seen as a sign of weakness [note, IT'S SEEN, BUT IT'S NOT!!! scream IT IS NOT A SIGN OF WEAKNESS!!. that's just how society, and ourselves, have planted it in our minds, but it is not so. because of that, boys should by all means be allowed to cry. they cry anyway!! wink they may hide it, sure, for pride or whatever other reason they find, but boys do cry. and besides, u don't have to b a boy to hide ur tears, ninja i'm a girl and i hide them from other ppl as much as i can! of course, sometimes it's good to have a crying shoulder. while it is true that u may feel stupid, knowing that u have someone to cry to brings plenty of relief. and so, in conclusion: boys should b allowed to cry bcs it is not, by far, anything wrong. it;s completely right and normal, a way of releasing strong emotions. so i see absolutely nothing wrong with boys crying 3nodding

ditto! 3nodding  

Pup_tastic

Tears of Malice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:03 pm
I went to bootcamp this summer, and my drill sergeant made a very good point. Crying may help you feel better, but it doesn't change the current situation. Only you can fix that, and that's by sheer determination. I'm not saying not to cry. Go ahead and cry if it'll help, but don't only cry. Try to fix/deal with what caused you to cry.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:50 pm
nexusdemonjake
I went to bootcamp this summer, and my drill sergeant made a very good point. Crying may help you feel better, but it doesn't change the current situation. Only you can fix that, and that's by sheer determination. I'm not saying not to cry. Go ahead and cry if it'll help, but don't only cry. Try to fix/deal with what caused you to cry.

that is a very good point. crying doesn't fix the problem....but it is a way of "letting it all out" before trying to make sense of anything while feeling bad  

Sotur

manga_lover529

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:28 pm
there's nothing wrong with it, i think it's good men actually cry blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:43 pm
Men should always feel free to express themselves, even if their form of expression happens to be crying, there is nothing wrong with that. and if i saw a guy crying, i would gladly try and help him out and give him my shoulder to cry on if he needed or wanted it!  

SpellboundRayne

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces