Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
OMG! Engaded! Am I too young for this? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evasive_warrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:57 pm
As everyone..or mostly everyone already mentioned. I think you should wait until you're around the 1 year mark. You should wait and contemplate everything about the relationship and evaluate the situation. Getting married is a big deal..huge in fact, so you should treat it with caution. I do think you're old enough for marriage, if that counts for anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:48 pm
i tink ya should finish up some school first 3nodding i don't think bein only 20 is a big problem(though i would proly wait til about a year after you meet him), but..... more school=better job=more money!!! xd and you need lots of money if you plan on getting married and gettin a nice house, and some nice furniture for your nice house, and other crap like that....

plus i would check out his past and make sure he isn't a serial killer dude.... ninja ninja ...that would be bad if he was. time to look at his police records.....  

cowzombie

[Razzberry Kamikaze]

Clean Raider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:30 pm
Wait a lil longer, to the very least a year.
Then after that year, move in with eachother and see how you can deal living with the other. Then see what happens.
;]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:41 pm
i think you are too young to marry. your only 20. you and your hunn should date around 2/3 years or more.  

xXbreathless_sinxX

Dangerous Lunatic

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150

gothicmassacre

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:11 am
Me and my boyfriend have been dating for a year and a half. Im only 18 and we decided to get married after we started college.

I would wait most marriage dont last if youve been with the person for a short period.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:38 am
I'd wait a while longer... I know a guy who married a woman after 6 months. Their marriage leaves a lot to be desired. Just be really careful, okay? People mature in different ways.  

Sylba

SoullessTenshi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:01 pm
Wait, did he propose after 5 months or he wants the wedding to be already?

I mean.. if you feel you love him, then I don't see the problem in being engaged. I mean, everyone is acting like you have to get married ASAP after you say yes, but that's not the case. You can wait a few years to actually do the whole marriage thing. It's notl iek you have to jump as quickly as you can from step to step. Marriage is a big commitment, not to be taken lightly at all. But... just getting engaged, if you think you'll want to be with him, I don't see as much of a problem with.

Personally, my boyfriend proposed to me after we'd been together for about 4 months, and we've been engaged for just over two years. I'm not planning on getting married for at least another two years or so. It's just like I've always heard... If you're not old enough to drink (alcohol) at your own wedding, then you're too young. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:06 am
I think you two should wait. 5 months insn't that long- people can change. Give it maybe another year to see if your sure that this is the man you want to marry. Also, I think if your in college or university that you should finish school before hand- see if you stay together while your in school and then worry about getting married after you may choose that this isn't the man for you. Maybe you could get engaged now and wait until after you finish school to get married- or if your not in school get engaged and wait a while longer untill you've made your decision. One of my teachers is engaged, and her weddings not untill August, that means she has a good 6 or 7 months to change her mind if things don't work out. Maybe move in together, you really learn what people are like when you live with them, trust me.  

Ayllin

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces