Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
.Hack Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Hack?
  Yum
  Ew
  Ok
View Results

Kaze87

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:52 am
I started as .hack fan when I found Outbreak from videogame store. Then of course bought other parts of game series.

Have to say, game system wasn't good. But I really liked characters and plot. After that, really waited for Another Birth books.

Still waiting for GU in here (Europe), but already watched it's cutscenes from web razz  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:57 pm
I have never played any of the games or read the magna to it , however I have seen all of the anime series to it that they have aired on TV before.  

slp101

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:24 pm
I have all of the DVDs, books, and mangas. rofl I just haven´t played any of the games yet... for some reason, every version I purchase ends up being defective. I don´t think I´m meant to own/play the games. crying

Mimiru is my favorite, anyway. I thought she was really annoying at first, but she really grew on me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:47 pm
I guess I can update now.

Since my last post, .Hack//Root has come out on DVD and I have acquired and watched it all. It had its enjoyable moments but for the most part I thought it stunk.

It has lots of the same problems .Hack//Sign had (slow pace, combat) but none of its strengths. Similar to Sign, it's supposed to be a lead-in to the games, but unlike Sign it just sort of... stops... for no reason.

The anime seemed to lack focus, to lack an overall story / theme to stick to. Most notably, .Hack//Sign was awesome because it centered around a mystery ; Tsukasa being unable to log out and actually being in The World as opposed to playing it. The anime is able to focus on Tsukasa and end his story while spinning up the even bigger events that were to happen in .Hack//Infection.  

Nadian
Crew

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:21 pm
Roots wasn't too bad but went nowhere. Then I was just mad when I got to the end because there was none. It was you have to play the games to find out. Sign had it's own ending that didn't require playing the games. Everything about the original world in each media was a contained story with a beginning and an end that was enriched by crossing over with everything else. Roots was missing that stand alone quality.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games