Submit

After life?
  Yes.
  No.
  Sorta. Let me explain.
View Results

Baulder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 pm
There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is no afterlife. However, if you see it that way, the afterlife could be your body, decomposing and becoming once more with the Earth, living through it to nourish others. But other than that, your dead, nothing else to it.
The End.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:52 am
Smiley_Flarinet
ShadowTeerah14

---Suicide? Hell. Taking life away form someone is a sin, even if it's your own. If you kill yourself, you have no time to ask God to forgive that sin, and shall suffer the conciqunce.
now i have to ask... and forgive me if you consider me stupid, but do you not believe in "once saved, eternally saved"? or is what you believe like "sin once and lose salvation...again"?

i've always been tought that once you confessed that you believed in Christ, then you were saved, forever. yes, you should ask forgiveness for your still-constant sinning, but even if you have sinned right before you died, you are still saved from the fires of hell. sweatdrop

just a thought!

(sorry about any spelling errors..))

I'd be happy to answer this question.

The main problem with your thinking here is that you can justify any crime because of this. Just because you have accepted Christ as your savior doesn't mean you are eternally saved. It is possible to stray from the path.

As for my personal belief, I can't say. I am to young even now to have studied much of what I will, although I do believe in heaven and hell. It is quite possible that other beliefs, such as reincarnation, are also true. Until one studies the different religious texts, one can not truly form an opinion.  

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100

EApoe666

Fashionable Genius

6,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:49 am
I think there is life after death, we don't just stop after one life. It's kinda like recyling a soul. The body is all used up but the soul is brand new.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:42 pm
I could go on with about 200 different beliefs of mine(I know I think on this way too much!), but I doubt any of you have a remote interest. so the one that I'm believing the most right now is this:

I believe that when you die, if you have been good in life, and your true nature and heart has been judged, you are sent to paradise. for some people, this means going through life once again. for others it means different things. for me, it probably doesn't mean going through life again, but nonetheless, I'd still consider it.

if you are bad, however, I believe you are not given this choice, but you are forced to do one of the things you aren't happy about. what this is, I have yet to discern, but It'll come to you eventually.

K  

IKurando

Dragonwinged

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:53 am
I believe that the souls is eternal and that after life you get free from your body... and basically do what you want. I don't think you can control the world, but that you can if you want stay on earth in spiritual form or if you prefer be reborn, but that I think takes a while...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:31 pm
I grew up as a Christian, so for the first 19 or so years of my life, I believed in heaven and hell. The past couple of years have been marked by my religious beliefs drifting and changing a bit. I stopped believing in a literal 'Hell' quite some time ago. I'm now entertaining the possibility of there not being an afterlife. It always used to seem like something that was a 'given' before, but I am starting to think more logically and less spiritually and it seems less possible for me to have a strong opinion about it either way.

If there is an afterlife, I imagine it being somewhat like the explanation given in the movie What Dreams May Come. Yeah, I know it's kind of lame that I sound like I base my personal beliefs on a movie, but it's really more like that was the explanation that had always resonated best to me. For those of you unfamiliar with the movie, heaven and hell are presented as kind of... just another place. The people in hell are there because they will not forgive themselves for terrible things they had done in life, not because they were being punished. Souls could be reincarnated if they chose, but were not forced to.  

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Civilized Barbarian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:54 am
to understand my belief in the afterlife, you must first understand my belief in religion-
i believe that everygod ever thought of does exist, they all exist simultaniously (spelling?) and there is no one true god.
however, only the god you worship has any power over anything that happens in your life if anything happens at all.
so i believe when you die, whatever god or gods(/goddesses) you believed in or worshipped in your life, you abide that corresponding afterlife (or lack there of) you have the choice of following through with that afterlife or reincarnation. athiests just stop exsting or get automatically reincarnated  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:51 am
i radom intergection if i may......considering i was reported "dead" twicw already, with a TOD written on my medical files, i will say that when i was "dead" there was nothing, i remember waking up in the hospital 2 hours after i flat lined...thats it, so i believe then when your dead, your dead, your soul waits for another body to inhabit, and takes it, if a body is nbot found, you return to yours...it was not yet my tim,e, so i arose....this is however my belief, i gave you some facts in the mix, so you can conclude what you will from it all.....  

FatherSalem

zenyk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:36 pm
I don't think ANYONE can tell what happens after you die.

I've been raised as a christian, so I used to believe in Heaven and Hell.
But now, I think that if you're bad, you start a new life, but if you try to follow the "rules", you'll be rewarded, such as Heaven. I know it kinda sounds like Buddhism, but I gave this a lot of thought.

As for ghosts, I believe in them. I don't know how "souls" got trapped on Earth, but I've seen ghosts.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:17 pm
sorry but death really scares me, I joke around about it but really. I'm petrified on the subject.  

DragonaRider

Baulder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:12 pm
DragonaRider
sorry but death really scares me, I joke around about it but really. I'm petrified on the subject.
And with good reason! After all, Death is the end of everything.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:59 pm
I would like to say this is of course speculation for obvious reasons.

I think once you die it is completely over for good, like a computer shutting down as someone has already said.

I wanted to say something else too, but now I can't remember.  

Shedowolf

[Kuro senshi]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:05 pm
I believe some things are better not known.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:21 pm
do you thank my cat will live after his deathUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

death_sox

Jamais Vu Experience

Demonic Pup

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:48 am
death_sox
do you thank my cat will live after his deathUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

WHY DO YOU KEEP POSTING PICTURES OF DEAD CATS!?
And even if you were actually serious... In some religions, animals do not go to 'heaven' but to 'hell' or another place.
A long time ago there was this study done a group of people (I can't remember they're religion) who got two scales. One had a human, who was sick or soon going to die, and a animal on another. They would record the wieght of them before and after death.
Well... the human would lose wieght right after death, while the dead animal would not. They explained this by saying that it happened because the soul left the person's body, and animals did not have a souls, so it did not lose wieght.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff