Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
But Does it Matter? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IKurando

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:37 pm
well, I will answer your thoughts with another.

we were put here, in all likelyhood for a reason. if there was no reason, would anything ever exist?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:02 pm
Grypesagon
Sotur
Chime Elf
Sorry to break it to you, but I follow no religion. Therefore I do not believe in any God, I do not give a damn what happens after death, and I could care less how the universe was created, as all that matters is that I'm alive.

And I'm not empty.

So, thus proving you wrong very bluntly, these three questions do not matter whatsoever to life. Yes, they may impact your life, but they don't matter, the answers aren't a necessity to living.

Got that?

i don't think it was necesary to point out ur opiion like that. he believes one way, and u another [even if u 'believe in nothing', meaning u don't believe]. trying to "impose" ur opinion on another person, i'd say, is wrong. that's what i think

Gah. lol. Way to ruin my subtle approach towards diffusion. biggrin

hahaha....nice try, though. I was only getting angry at how I interpreted what he wrote, that without beliefs, we are empty. I still hold to what I said, although your comments do alude to another path of thought. I'll consider what you've said, but I still think he could have worded his opinion better.  

Chime Elf

Baulder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:19 pm
No one's imposing their own opinions upon anyone else. This is an intelligent Discussion, are we not supposed to mingle our thoughts?

And as for IKurando's question, the answer is, Yes. Things happen unreasonablly all teh time, why not life?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:30 am
Baulder
No one's imposing their own opinions upon anyone else. This is an intelligent Discussion, are we not supposed to mingle our thoughts?

Psh. People who think that no one here is imposing their own opinions on anyone else is stupid and empty. (see how that didn't feel good? Get her angle now?) If someone told me that what I believed made me empty I'd spend the next couple hours breaking down their psyche until they had been deconstructed to an emotional amoeba.

IKurando
well, I will answer your thoughts with another.

we were put here, in all likelyhood for a reason. if there was no reason, would anything ever exist?

Everything does happen for a reason. That statement is true. It's also not very definitive.There is a lot of room for interpretation. If you want me to believe that there is a higher power out there that perceives and dictates our actions then I would disagree. Whether god or fate or karma or whatever... if it's god... god is cruel, if it's fate... fate is uncaring, if it's karma... it's blind. Everything happens for a reason. That reason is cause and effect. Which means it likely isn't a good reason. I throw a rock at some guys car and break the window because I'm pissed off. He now has to pay for a new window. As a result he can't afford to pay his cell phone bill on time so it gets shut off for a couple days. During those couple of days his teen got stranded at the mall and tried to call for a ride. She can't reach dad so tries to walk home. Some a*****e eyeballs her and decides to grab her. Now you have a dead teen as a result of that. You're going to tell me that God dictated that series of events? Or that fate destined that kid to die? Or that Karma was paying the girl back for some evil? Or maybe two people made bad choices and one person was a sadistic f*ck. I'm willing to bet on the latter.

Chime Elf

hahaha....nice try, though. I was only getting angry at how I interpreted what he wrote, that without beliefs, we are empty. I still hold to what I said, although your comments do alude to another path of thought. I'll consider what you've said, but I still think he could have worded his opinion better.

Yeah I tried to cover him. But man did he dig that trench pretty deep. sweatdrop  

Grypesagon

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:40 pm
Grypesagon
Baulder

Psh. People who think that no one here is imposing their own opinions on anyone else is stupid and empty. (see how that didn't feel good? Get her angle now?) If someone told me that what I believed made me empty I'd spend the next couple hours breaking down their psyche until they had been deconstructed to an emotional amoeba.

Chime Elf

Yeah I tried to cover him. But man did he dig that trench pretty deep. sweatdrop

Thank you for that....and yes, that trench was rather deep xd xd xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:38 am
I'm so happy more people think this! I don't care!! I feel that I can only base my descisions on what I know for sure. Yes, there is a bit of the 'what if' factor but it's still only an 'if'. So, I know that I'm here and I know that it's not so bad. So, the point of life is to live it, because it is the only thing I know. I don't know what will happen after death, so I may as well cling onto what I do know for as long as possible. It may be better, it may be worse, but I'm always gonna get there.

I think it gives some people meaning to their lives, so it can be a good thing. But, I'm not going to know until I get there, so there's not much point in worrying about it yet.

Feel free to disagree.  

Amazing Al

Shedowolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:44 pm
I think absolutely nothing matters, simple as that.

Then you wonder, why live?, why anything?

To that I say, "why not?"
(And I'm not just saying that because it fits with this guild, I really believe that.)

Just what I think.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:23 pm
1. To me it sort of matters, because wouldn't it be nice to know how everything got created? But don't really go crazy on the subject, and be SOO determined to find out. To me I beleive in science, the Big Bang Theory. The God Theory is just way too fictional in my opinion, no offence.

2. Worrying what happens after death isn't really important to me because well i dont know whats happens after death. We just die, a body.

3. I think of Religon as a another way to control society, to make everyone follow another set of rules to keep them under control. But even then some are still lost in their mind.

All of these are my opinions, i dont mean to offend anyone If anyone would liek to comment.  

Vengeful-Suicide

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:17 pm
Chime Elf
Baulder
Ofcourse it doesn't matter! But man seeks answers not out reason of it mattering, but out of the need to know. Colombus didn't think it'd matter if he found out whether or not the world was round, he just needed to know.
To quench that thirsting curiousity in our hearts, that is all the incentive one needs.

Totally correct. It doesn't matter how the universe was created, or what God you follow or what happens after death. Who cares? Take things as they go, respect other religions and they'll respect you, and live life. That's my theory.

And it's true; man seeks answers not out of reason of it mattering, but out of the need to know. It's what humans do. We were made with curiosity programmed into our personalities, and it would be against our nature to not need to know. We strive to discover and learn all we can, for that is what we do. Our curiosity can never truly be quenched, and so the questions shall never stop flowing.

But it doesn't really matter if we don't know all the reasons and ways of life, because we will still live no matter what.

I agree, but I think it is stability as well as curiousity. What I mean to say is that religions provide ways of how a person should and shouldn't live. It provides us with what is right and what is wrong. I mean, if you think about it briefly, you might say, "We all know what is right and wrong." Well, our individual ideas of what is right and what is wrong do differ. There are people in jail, aren't there? They might've thought, "Stealing this won't hurt anybody," or, "Killing him will take a rapist off the streets."

Sotur
Chime Elf
Sorry to break it to you, but I follow no religion. Therefore I do not believe in any God, I do not give a damn what happens after death, and I could care less how the universe was created, as all that matters is that I'm alive.

And I'm not empty.

So, thus proving you wrong very bluntly, these three questions do not matter whatsoever to life. Yes, they may impact your life, but they don't matter, the answers aren't a necessity to living.

Got that?

i don't think it was necesary to point out ur opiion like that. he believes one way, and u another [even if u 'believe in nothing', meaning u don't believe]. trying to "impose" ur opinion on another person, i'd say, is wrong. that's what i think

They both put their beliefs in there. MonkofMajere said that anyone without beliefs are empty. That is his belief that can't even be close to being proven. I mean, how can you call a person empty? Especially one he probably has never met in real life?!

Honestly, I'll believe what I want to, but I don't need the knowledge of how the universe was created and what will happen after death in order to live. Also, I tolerate the fact that there are other beliefs that I don't agree with, and people have the freedom to believe what they want. Even though I believe I am right, I don't truly know it. I also won't say anyone is wrong because there is no way to know that, either. As I have said in some other post, I am not a Bible thumper.  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:50 pm
It is obvious that no one knows the truth of everything . . . Science says something, religion says something else and a bunch of other people have their own ideas to the question of what we are . . .

The main point of everything is "what we are" . Aside from a body or a bunch of nerves that control it, what is it that makes us "us". Think it this way; if what you are never had existed, how would you know there was something called universe, that death existed, that everything around you was there. Imagine yourself if you didn't existed... see, it's impossible. It's impossible to think how things could be if you didn't existed, what would you see? what would you feel? you simply don't exist, you just aren't. This brings what would death be like after we leave the body. Again, impossible to know, we will all eventually die some day so, why bother xD (jk).

So yeah . . . my point of view about all this is based in the idea that if "you" had never ever been, there is nothing to talk about cuz there is none of none.  

Arechii

kagon_VII

4,100 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 pm
it dosn't make a difference to me, when we die we die and enything that comes after isn't my problem. after all, man has currupted this world so bad already, this earth probly has only 70 or so years left. good ridends, maby then to earth will get a chance to heal itself.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff