No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
What is nothing? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you here to actually answer... or just poll.
  Answer.
  Just polling.
View Results

The Green Jester

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:44 pm
Its something we'll never know, for its existence is not visible to the naked eye. and no, nothing doesnt mean boring or in any way similar stare  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:43 pm
what is nothing, hmmm?

aside from completely boring?
'nothing' is a paradox. one the one hand, it's the absence of everything; however, on the other, since we've just defined that absence, it becomes something.

so 'nothing', anyway we look at it is really kinda boring and very likely to induce a migraine if contemplated upon  

Cael-alessan

Eternal Fox

Ultra Sarah

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:25 pm
Nothing is a word we made up to mean "none of a specific item". So if one says there is nothing in space, it means that there is nothing that they percieve to be there, even though science has proven otherwise.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 12:35 pm
nothing is the place after life. nothing is sleep without dreams. you know its there but you cnat grasp what it feels like. people worry about having nothing but you always have somthing. "Nothing is the absense of everything" pretty much sums it up. but if you take away cold and heat and light and dark and leave your senses, thats nothing.  

SavingPollyOliver

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200

Delmenchio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:00 am
Nothing is everything and everything is nothing, the two are what keeps this universe together, all things are in a balance within its opposite. So when asking about nothing and what it is... you should think of all it has, what should it mean. Definitions don't really help, because if you think about it, all it is is words. Well I gave my opinion...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:03 am
even nothing is something, given it's "somethings" exact opposite. physically speaking its the lack of physical material things, but it's still full of air, or in the absence of such as in outerspace, there is still "space" which is something.
once we give it a label, it becomes 'something' in our minds.  

Calypsophia

nannerz_loves_you

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:36 am
ok so there is the smallest little bit of matter and then there is nothing. but something has to make up that smallest little bit of matter right? so something has to be making up nothing. i'm really tired and i don't know else how to say it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:17 am
Nothing is impossible to exist at all because nothing is just that nothing but when you define nothing as nothing then your calling it something therefore it is no longer nothing but in fact a different way of saying everything so there can be no nothing it's impossible.  

Nerevar Fatehand

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:03 pm
nannerz_loves_you
ok so there is the smallest little bit of matter and then there is nothing. but something has to make up that smallest little bit of matter right? so something has to be making up nothing. i'm really tired and i don't know else how to say it.

the 'matter' itself is something. it's what everything is made up of. that which is without matter is no-thing. but like the person that posted after you said, once you identify it, the concept of 'nothing' then becomes something in and of itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:11 pm
nothing is the absence of everything. there will never be nothing, though. matter is always recycled. but, when people say they are doing nothing, that means that they aren't even existing.  

King Of Shadowz

Mushroorm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:14 am
To me nothing is chaos. The absence of order. Now I'm not really thinking of the webster definition of nothing; more of my own xDD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:33 pm
Nothing is non excistant.Nothing is something,so it must have a deeper meaning.But,we use possibly wrong.I see nothing as an emotion.If you could feel it once you would know the meaning of nothing.Maybe nothing is death.But,we couldn't feel it them.Or death's a new beginning.YOU CONFUSE ME!Nothing is something.So,it doesn't esxsist?  

Oo_JokersWild_oO

Nerevar Fatehand

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:01 pm
GazGirl2dope
Nothing is something.So,it doesn't exist?

Exactly!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:17 pm
Because I can't control the geek part of me (about 97% of my being), I have to say this right now:

"Nothingness is eternal."

And, it's true. If everything breaks down, even light, Nothing will be there always. It can never go away. If the sun goes out, if the Universe disappears, there will be Nothing. Of course, until that happens, Nothing is non-existant....right?

Kingdom Hearts...it kinda helps me understand that. The Nobodies have no hearts, thus they don't exist. They are Nothing, but still they are there.

Athlaxi

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:32 pm
"nothing" is a complete and total lack of "something".  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff