Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free Gold!
  Gimmie Monies!
View Results

RONIN_13X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:52 pm
mind over matter isnt it?
if mind wants a table ........table is what it gets........if mind wants a "rest" then rest is what it gets  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:32 pm
King Robert Silvermyst
Many people have different views on what magic (or magick or heka) truly is. In many respects, most things we do everyday is actually magic. Praying is especially true since you are calling to whomever you are praying to for intervention, asking for something to occur or asking for something to be blessed. In creating things like art and music brings about magic as the product can stir emotions in the hearts of people who look upon the art or listen to the music. Special bonds one shares with others, weather other people or with animals are magic, and this is especially true because when something happens to one person, the other that they have a bond with will have that sixth sense that something is wrong. But what are your views on magic?

Hmm wow, i've never thought of Magic that way before, that is a really good statement, and its innovating. But what i was going to say before i read this 1st post was that i beleive what Cris Angel beleives, how if your body and mind are connected you can do anything. Now im not magician myself but spirtual will is beleiveable for me. For things like creating art and bonds with loved ones, is truly remarkable as well.  

Vengeful-Suicide

Dreamer Aura Laforest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:50 pm
I think magic is the ability to influence the world by sheer will power. Since our body is part of the world, self-suggestion counts. We are the soul. The body is a vehicle. The mind is the link. The will is the force that moves in the link. Thus, everything we do is magic.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:10 pm
in my opinion magic is the extra-hard use of one's consiosness. Magic might only be our brain's tru power. we only use 4-10% of our brain so who knows what is hapining to the other 90-96%.  

ZoogyBoogyDoo

Jamais Vu Experience

Demonic Pup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:49 am
I do love magic... but I believe, us here on Earth is the act of God(s) or Science. That might be the same or different view you have depending on what religion you practice. Magic, is something usually used to explain the un-explained. Yet that is also explained by God(s) and miracles. So it really just depends on who you are. For me, magic is more of an entertainment than anything else.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:02 pm
Congrats! You found an Easter Egg!

User ImagePink 3

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

xXThe Corpse BrideXx

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 pm
Magic is silly hocus pocus turn you into a frog stuff.

But magick is the stuff that happens.
Whether it be in spells via witchcraft or just everyday magick,
Its there.

Blessed be <3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:10 pm
Go magic! I think it might be whenever something unexpected or impossible happens. Spells, and whatnot included. I don't know. I just love it! heart  

ArcadiaB

nymphe en floraison

8,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:56 pm
There are two things I think are relevant to the term of magic. In the days of old so to speak many natural phenomina and any sort of knew technology/dicovery was labled magic so those things must be seperated to leave true magic. Real magic so to speak I think is purely energy and the manipulation of it. It is scientifically undisputedly said that all things contain energy. magic in my opinion is certian individuals learning to manipulate that energy in a variety of ways that greatly vary into the many "magical things" or phenomina we see and hear of today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:27 am
If we're talking about magic as in the one wizards and witches, and sorcerors, use then i would say that it's possible that it has existed before but the people who can use magic died out a long time ago and if some where alive they are most likely keeping their powers in secret.

So right now i would say that yes magic existes but there is no one who can use its power  

[~.Fallangel.~]

Solav

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:33 pm
magic is wat one does with a wave of a hand, but like ppl say its all in ur beliefs and the stregth of ones will (spirit) think of martial artists as an example,
its an art of magic or dance that mezmerize or chi. then there are ppl that did magician acts as a way to entertain. But my ideals are a bit different, for my hands do bring magic for me, I'm my own magician or druid in nature.
i can get along with just about any animal and tend plants to grow grand.
but m talents lie more in art, my hands have te power to bring wat i feel or wat i want felt through my art work. so for artists we got a magic touch as well, it just need to be honed^^.
(btw this may just sound like rambling lol)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:21 am
Science always ruins the fun out of magic. It reminds me of the Lion King where Timmon and Pumba are starring at the stars and debating if they are past kings looking down on them, and the other says they are just big balls of burning gas. Oh man!!

I hate to say it but I have to rule with Science on this one. They have proof. emo  

dragonfly1212

jazzy says yarr

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:38 am

i beleive in it.
i make it happen.

magic = parlor tricks, easily explained away.
magick = creating coincidence, sometimes resulting in highly uncoincidental happenings.

its true,
and its out there.

but dont take my word for it!
-reading rainbow music-

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:22 am
magic is fun in the right hands  

boondox chick

Arechii

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:55 pm
In my opinion, magic is what you want to believe of something you can't explain or seems too out of the ordinary to be common or natural.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff