PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:18 pm
Here's one that is easily overlooked or forgotten:

"Patience is a virtue."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:13 pm
"There is no peace untill all who think differently are dead" Brian Lührs  

Civilized Barbarian

strange_dreams_512

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:36 pm
"We are here and it is now. Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine." -H. L. Mencken
"Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made." -Otto von Bismarck
"What luck for rulers that men do not think." -Adolf Hitler
"The only kind of dignity which is genuine is that which is not diminished by the indifference of others." -Dag Hammarskjold
"If you sold your originality for popularity you just got ripped off." -Anonymous

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:23 am
"with great power comes great responsibility" - uncle ben!!!!  

demon of debauchery

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:46 pm
"The only throne I want her sitting on, is the one I have to clean everyday."
- A servant, Ever After

Get it?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:24 pm
Old Man: Now it's time to teach you how to play that lute of yours.
The Bard: What? Does my name not mean anything to you? The Bard? Did you not see me summon that rat a few moments ago?
Old man: Press the L button
The Bard: You're not listening to a word I'm saying, are you?  

King Robert Silvermyst

demon of debauchery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:35 pm
"ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" - JFK

"we have nothing to fear, but fear itself" Roosevelt....i think  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:44 pm
"I will do today, what you will not. So that tommorow, I can do what you cannot." -T.R. Smeddy

"If Damnation is my Fate, atleast let it eb worth something in the end." -Han Xin, the Doomed Soul.  

Baulder

420FienD420

4,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 pm
"To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
-Macbeth
The significance of life is clear.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:27 pm
Several of my favorite quotes!:
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth." Mark Twain

The sooner all the animals are extinct, the sooner we'll find their money. Mikael Pawlo

Live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse. Nick Romano -- Knock on Any Door

A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn. Nethack  

zenyk

Chime Elf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:44 pm
"It's always in the last place you look."

Well, duh!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:35 pm
hmmmm, this is one I loved, from a great movie. I wish I said it, does that count?

basically at this point, a bunch of mutineers are sent to Chamberlain and he's trying to get them to fight, but he says to himself that he will not preach.

"Many of us volunteered to fight for the Union. Some came mainly because we were bored at home and this looked like it might be fun. Some came because we were ashamed not to. Many came because it was the right thing to do. This is a different kind of army. If you look at history you'll see men fight for pay, or women, or some other kind of loot. They fight for land, or because a king makes them, or just because they like . But we're here for something new. This hasn't happened much in the history of the world. We are an army out to set other men free. America should be free ground, from here to the Pacific Ocean. No man has to bow, no man born to royalty. Here we judge you by what you do, not by who your father was. Here you can be something. Here you can build a home. But it's not the land. There's always more land. It's the idea that we all have value, you and me. What we're fighting for, in the end, is each other. Sorry. Didn't mean to preach."- Colonel Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain  

IKurando

Baulder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:07 pm
Wow, nice quote.

Well, since we're on movie quotes, I geuss I'll use one too.
"Even if I'm going to die, I will continue to fight. Because for every day that we fight, it is another day that our children will be able to live." -Unknown Soldier, Letters from Iwo Jima  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm
ladyrampage
"Gay marriage should be between a man and a woman"-Governator

{I} am so ~all-American~ I'd -sell- /you/ |suicide|
x^x^x^x^x^====I am the ism====^x^x^x^x^x

OMFG, I remember when he said that!!! it was so funny >.>

"Celerity is never more admired than by the negligent." ~~~Cleopatra

"The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is just a statistic." ~~~Stalin

"Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that's where you renew your springs that never dry up."~~~Pearl Buck

"The fastest way to a mans heart is by tearing a hole through his ribcage"~~~UmmmI don't know, I just saw it on a button and thought it was awesome.

"There is an alchemy in sorrow. It can be transmuted into wisdom, which, if it does not bring joy, can yet bring happiness."~~~Pearl Buck

"It's only after you've lost everything that you can do anything"~~~Fight Club

^x^x^x^====My hate's a prism====^x^x^x^x^
I am `totalitarian` I've got (abortions) in my eyes

Neon Proxy

Psycho_Kat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:24 am
" I had to see it. There wasn't much left. But when I was there it was strange. I suddenly had this feeling that everything was connected. It's like I could see the whole thing, one long chain of events that stretched all the way back before Larkhill. I felt like I could see everything that happened, and everything that is going to happen. It was like a perfect pattern, laid out in front of me. And I realised we're all part of it, and all trapped by it. "

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof. "

" I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas, I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them... but you cannot kiss an idea, cannot touch it, or hold it... ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man... A man that made me remember the Fifth of November. A man that I will never forget. "

I just really liked V for Vendetta, thought the idea and plot were great.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff