Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
The 'I can't believe they did that' anime moments. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThE [maD] STrAwbeRry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:43 pm
burning_eyes I can't believe Sailor Moon decided to forget her memories and go back to a normal life!

I also can't believe Yu-gi-oh is still on the air, but that's not the point....  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:34 pm
I cannot believe that Naruto and Sasuke kissed in the anime. ninja

Pretty damn funny though. xd  

x Karurie x

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100

hyrdatas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:21 pm
ThE [maD] STrAwbeRry
burning_eyes I can't believe Sailor Moon decided to forget her memories and go back to a normal life!

I also can't believe Yu-gi-oh is still on the air, but that's not the point....

Yes that first part...really stare
*sees the second part of the post*.... evil

Ahem. This thread will probably be full of spoilers....but I'm not going to give it away still. In the manga Godchild...volume 6. The author is EVIL! Split up my OTP -_-

Oh, and they cut out from Pokemon the inflatable boobs.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:14 pm
Godchild is supposed to be a downer. What do you expect. For god's sake she wrote a book about a boy falling in love with his sister and his sister loves him back they make love and she goes to hell. He gets her back and a whole bunch of messed up s**t happens. But there was a happy ending.

My WTF moment was in Kyou Kara Maoh! when he actually says in exclamation when a whole bunch of people are around that wouldn't have seen "I'm wearing a black g string!"  

California_burrito

Toxic Pink Flyer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:34 pm
Not knowing what Gravatation was and then seeing the scene in the elivator. "RANDOM YAOI!" eek eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:41 pm
Seeing the colony drop in the opening speech of Mobile Suit Gundam and learning that both sides have lost half their populations. Thinking even in 1979 terms, that's still over 2.5 billion people dead in less than a year (it was the One Year War).  

KaguraOfTheWind

Beware The Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:40 am
When they Killed Sasori. When Deidara died. When Kakuzu died. And Hidan is still all alone in a forrest crying  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:10 pm
When (in the English dub) they cut out that scene where Konohamaru bumping into Tsunade's boobs.  

RedSpade11

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

little_moon_girl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:42 am
purplenekomata
When (in the English dub) they cut out that scene where Konohamaru bumping into Tsunade's boobs.
Oh man that was funny!

When they mad Misty(Kitsumi) in Pokemon go back to the gym. I was like "What?!".  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:19 pm
hmm...... how they block out certain scences in shows or theme songs! its very retarded! and sometimes they get rid of episodes! because they think its inapropriate.... it just takes away the whole point of watching! like in full moon wo sagashite! the book was waaay better than the anime!  

Mitzuki94

KaguraOfTheWind

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:45 pm
Mitzuki94
hmm...... how they block out certain scences in shows or theme songs! its very retarded! and sometimes they get rid of episodes! because they think its inapropriate.... it just takes away the whole point of watching! like in full moon wo sagashite! the book was waaay better than the anime!

The cuts are due to censorship laws and wanting to make things more american kid friendly/target audience friendly. The music is due to not wanting to license the songs (often themes require an extra license). Of course in the case of 4Kids, they also want to americanize and remove any japanese cultural references.

Most books are way better if they are the original source material as they don't have the filler that is found in the anime.  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games