Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Extinction of the Human Race Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:11 pm
Very well, just try and relate it back, please. It's just about keeping posts relevant to the topic at hand, since there's already a global warming thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:28 pm
And -so- we watch the }sun{ come up from the edge of the |_deep_| green *sea*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{Surrender}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theres too much threads about Human extinction...I don't know If I have enough resources left to keep bitching in all of them!!!

But I will try. I'm hoping that If I just copy and paste this thing I wrote in another thread it will somehow be relevant to the topic at hand.

Vermillioncurse

Humans don't know what it means to be a monster. To them a monster is anything they don't understand. They give it a horrific label and treat it as a threat, rejecting, exterminating, slaughtering it into oblivion. Monsters are simply humans ways of hiding their ignorance. We do it even to our own species, Stigmatizing and resenting those born with an undesirable color of skin. Ferocity, cunning, relentlessness, and cowardice, humans most dangerous traits. <-----Taken from Pet Shop of Horrors, Volume 10

I believe humans are greedy, ignorant abominations that cannot co-exist with any shaoe or form of life on this planet. Although humans began as a species on this planet, we have grown and grown to the point where we have advanced to a level of exotic invaders. The land we were so graciously given to us by the mother earth is now being destroyed over petty arguments and differences. Humans bring death, famine and plague wherever they go and regardless of their intentions. Humans greedily consume earths resources, abuse it and over-use it for personal gain. People have a certain level of conciousness that makes them aware of their situation but gives them no power to take control of it. People must create weapons becasue they are far to meek and feeble without them, they must create government because without it they are mere "animals". Humans claim that they are above animals, a higher species meant to protect the earth, when in reality they are far below animals. Humans dont even serve a purpose. Even the tiniest of organisms on this planet serve a purpose to a point. But what have humans got??? global warming? Destruction of rainforests, thousands of miles of landscapes, and pollution? Deaths of thousands of species that have done nothing but try to exist? No, all humans have done is create a temporary cacoon of violence and false realities in which they can immerse themselves while the planet slowly crumbles beneath them. As it crumbles wars are fought, wars about simple things like oil and money. MONEY the root of all destruction. Overall this thin piece of inky paper serves no purpose, it has no statistical value whatsoever, until given to a human. To a human money represents what they own, can own. With this piece of papaer they can buy and destroy land, waste natural resources, kill others, and the list goes on. thousands upon thousands starve each day, just because they do not have a piece of paper that magically grants them acess to all of these things necessary for living. an average of 40,000children die of starvation each day, all becasue people cannot live without "legal tender" granted to them through the strange system called government. Children, another taboo of the human species. Even as the baby booms have died down and it seems that the baby population is slowly decreasing...it isnt. as the death rate of infants increases and the birth rate decreases, the population is still going up. How? you might ask, well the answer is quite simple. Sex. yes sex. Although the amount of babies born decreases every day, the simple human urge of sex comes in. Most humans being greedy lifeforms indulge themselves in it. Every day more people are having sex and increasing the population, so even China, which has the lowest birth rate in the world, contiues to grow at 10,000,000 people a year. For some reason people seem to think that the only way to immortalize themselves, make sure they are never forgotten, is to bring another suffering life into this world. So ask yourself, with so much thousands of people dying each day, how can you possible justify the bringing another life into the world without thinking of the results? Moving on now to death. Diseases, sickness, plague, it all comes from somewehre and all has a purpose, to control and regulate the population. at some point certain diseases will kick in and maintain stasis over a species or area, but in mankinds case we hardly have that issue. With mans natural concious and ability to learn, we can overcome disease. each day wasting more and more of the earths resources just to save another human and extend the wretched life of our race. while as we create cures for diseases that aile us we also create diseases for everything esle. We create gases, biochemicals, nuclear particles that kill and destroy everything. We pollute the air everyday with our cars, trash, everything we do has a negative consequence because at this point humans are so far gone we cant even do good for this planet anymore...no matter how hard we try. Nuclear war wont end the human, extraterrestial threats wont, the only thing that can stop human is awareness that we lack. Even if 99.9% of all humans on earth were to be killed, there would still be over 65,000 people left on the planet. thats quite a large number for such small creatures. Even that number is enough to still harm the planet. Everyday species go extinct, humans are responsible in every way shape and form. No one seems to care about these species, we all just go on living, if its even just to call it that anymore, and continue to kill animals. Lets take a look at something real quick. A human kills an animal, shoots it dead-well thats fine we are just doing it for food and teh better of our species. An animal attacks a human out of basic instinct and for food so it can SURVIVE. It gets shot and killed because somewhere in the twisted reasoning of the human brain the word hypocracy seems to ring freely. It's not right for animals to act on instinct, but humans can just do as they please. Another thing, murder. Someone is robbing a bank, they need money for food becasue in this society we revolve around paper. The robbers are shot and killed, teh policeman that did it are "heroes for some reason. Somehow ending a life of another is correct becasue it is politically "Just". I don't see how that can ever make sense. At last we near the end, people ask, "well dont humans do some good for the enviroment?" take a look what do you think. Melting glaciers, pollution, millions of extinct species, fading o-zone, the list just goes on and on, in no way whatsoever have human been a benefit to this planet since they have existed on it. No some ask "well arent animals just like us, they dont do anything for the economy?" well truth is most do. Animals, mammals, plants, everything fits in somewhere and serves some purpose for life to keep going, Humans unfortunately dont fit in this circle.

The moral of my extremely long post I wrote while I was barely staying awake at 3:30 in the morning-Yes, it would be most benificiary to the earth if humans went extinct. like I said I'm not sure is some parts of this post actually have to do with humans dying off being benificiary...but I'm too lazy to make a whole other long a** post >.>

===================={Remember}====================
'And' she listens like -her- head's on fire like she wants to believe in `me`

[ Mod ] James

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:23 pm
But humans are a product of nature, doesn't that mean that anything that we do and anything we produce is part of nature as well, part of the grand design, so to speak?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:19 pm
sorry to tell ya, but humans ARE going extinct....and it's the guys fault.... no joke:

in Time Magazine there was a study proving that the Y chromosome in guys (girls =XX and guys = XY) is crumbling, I don't remeber much about it except that something is wrong with the Y chromosome and no guys means, the human population will die.  

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

locke317

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:12 pm
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
sorry to tell ya, but humans ARE going extinct....and it's the guys fault.... no joke:

in Time Magazine there was a study proving that the Y chromosome in guys (girls =XX and guys = XY) is crumbling, I don't remeber much about it except that something is wrong with the Y chromosome and no guys means, the human population will die.

It is guarentied that humans will go extinct. If you want to see a lot of Apocalyptic scenarios, Exit Mundi would be a good site to check out. Not all of them are possible, nor likely, but they are all ways in which the human race could go extinct.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:13 pm
I'm sure we all already agree that the human race will go extinct eventually.  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:34 pm
I'm pretty doubtful of it actually. Human extinction is probably the second most improbable thing I can image.

The first being the world dying.

I'm sorry I just don't see either being the likely end result.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:34 pm
The world will vaporize in about 5 billion years when the sun runs out of fuel and expands into a red giant, swallowing up everything within the asteroid belt. Such is the life and death of stars.

Within those 5 billion years (really take into account just how long of a time that is, since the Earth is currently about 4), do you really think that humans will still be around? There's us wiping ourselves out with war, disease, or environmental catastrophe; along with the possibilities of asteroid impact, hostile alien invasion, being sucked into a black hole, our galaxy colliding with the neighboring one (this is actually in progress), and dozens of other things that could happen in 5 000 000 000 000 years.

Remember, as is, the human race has only been around for about 1.2 million years. The dinosaurs reigned the planet for more than 60, and look what happened to them. I suppose you could make the argument, "Well, we have technology! We have guns!" etc, but none of that will make much of a difference when a rock twice the size of Mt. Everest comes crashing into us. It's also possible that we may lose our orbit around the sun (we've steadily been moving away lately) and be sent spiraling off into space to die a slow, miserably cold death.

Most improbable, really? To me the most improbable thing would be for us to spontaneously combust. burning_eyes  

Cornelius loh Quatious

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:00 am
Our ability to problem solve and find solutions where none should be is very powerful. The dinosaurs couldn't respond to the meteor. We can.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:27 am
locke317
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

It is guarentied that humans will go extinct. If you want to see a lot of Apocalyptic scenarios, Exit Mundi would be a good site to check out. Not all of them are possible, nor likely, but they are all ways in which the human race could go extinct.
You sir, are wrong.

Scientists are now able to make children out of a single egg from a female. You remove the nucleus of the egg and mutilate it so it begins to start dividing on its own.

The babies are always female however. So, an entire female race is possible ^_^

R i o k u

Witty Inquisitor

10,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Grypesagon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:55 am
Let's get to work on that. Start killing off all the guys and we'll start bioengineering females.

Obviously you'll need someone to supervise. It'll be tough being the only guy left... but someone's gotta do it.

:cough:  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:26 am
Grypesagon
Let's get to work on that. Start killing off all the guys and we'll start bioengineering females.

Obviously you'll need someone to supervise. It'll be tough being the only guy left... but someone's gotta do it.

Feminine domination! surprised Every communist's worst nightmare... time to do some research on how to insert Y chromosomes into artificial babies...  

Hawk_McKrakken

R i o k u

Witty Inquisitor

10,075 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:21 pm
Grypesagon

Hey, I never said it was a good thing.

Only that it can be done. :3

(Men are fun. x3 . )  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:52 pm
Grypesagon
Our ability to problem solve and find solutions where none should be is very powerful. The dinosaurs couldn't respond to the meteor. We can.

And -so- we watch the }sun{ come up from the edge of the |_deep_| green *sea*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{Surrender}~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I suppose we are going to blow the meteor up with a nuke like in the movies...that seems highly probably ::cough:: I'm sure the human race can just build a device to harness every major catastrophe and eliminate it. We'll nuke the asteroids, we'll somehow stop cataclysmic tsunamis, we will build something to stop yellowstone from erupting...seems pretty unprobable. ((p.s. this is vermillioncurse...I was hacked and had to make a new account.))

===================={Remember}====================
'And' she listens like -her- head's on fire like she wants to believe in `me`

Neon Proxy

Cornelius loh Quatious

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:07 am
I agree that our potential to solve problems is indeed powerful, but I'm sure that there will inevitably come a time where there is a threat far greater than our ability to solve at the current level of technology. Currently, we're unable to solve any host of human-ending disasters, and I'm positive that there must be millions, if not billions more that we couldn't even imagine in our wildest nightmares. If tomorrow we detected a meteor en route to Earth that would destroy us completely and utterly, how much time do you think would be needed to for us to mount a defense to it? As of this time, we have no strategy or scenario for that kind of disaster. Like the attack on the World Trade Centers, it's something that we'd never expect to actually happen, and thus are wholly unprepared for it.

Neon Proxy, I responded to your earlier post and I'd very much like your feedback on it, since that is of greater relevance to the topic at hand.

Quote:
But humans are a product of nature, doesn't that mean that anything that we do and anything we produce is part of nature as well, part of the grand design, so to speak?

Put more specifically, I think you make a lot of claims and assumptions in your post that I think don't have a great deal of backing or grounds.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff