Submit

Post?
  Yes?
  No?
  Pollwhore ><
View Results

A Clockwork Mind

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 6:19 pm
I'm Christian, and I certainly believe in Hell.
I'm honestly always worried about people who don't believe in Hell, as that means they're not Christian, and therefore going there. I pray for them that they find the Lord and avoid Hell, but not find the Lord as a way out of Hell. G-d is more than a get-out-of-Hell-free card.

As a Christian, I certainly believe people of other religions are going to Hell unless they find Christ Jesus. However, I do not condemn them or judge them. That's the Lord's job, and His alone. I'm not going to shove my religion down their throats, I'd rather win them to the Lord through my actions and their own conviction. Tolerance is key, but not to the point where their religions are equal to the true one.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:17 pm
The God Filicide
I am a Satanist which means (despite anything and everything different you have ever heard about it before) i believe in only myself to complete a destiny that has not been determined becasue i have not chosen to live it that way. In a sense i am my own God, because God is an omnipotent existance or ablsolute to whatever it applies to and in this religion: Myself.
Ok now let me make a few things clear:
1. I do not worship the Devil or Satan.
2. I do not sacrafice living animals to the Devil or Satan.
3. I DO understand why everyone is not a Satanist and am willing to explain it.

Thank you for your time assuming you took the time to read this 3nodding

Can I ask why is it called Satanism if it has in fact almost nothing to do with Satan? It could've been called balanced egoism. I mean, it's "do good to oneself, and to others if it does you good too, but don't harm others neither", right? Satanism sounds misleading...  

Dreamer Aura Laforest

Blow.Me.Bubbles

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:26 pm
Hell is a place christians made up to scare others into begin good. If I truely believed that bs then I wouldn't be stuck in mass every sunday.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:21 pm
Blow.Me.Bubbles
Hell is a place christians made up to scare others into begin good. If I truely believed that bs then I wouldn't be stuck in mass every sunday.

Ahh....Hell was a belief thousands of years before Christians even existed. Technically, the beginning of Hell is believed to a place of punishment G-d created for Lucifer and the angels that fell with him.

And most Christians, if you ask them, would much rather not believe in Hell, so Christians making it up wouldn't make much sense...  

A Clockwork Mind

Dirzdra

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:18 pm
Faey_of_the_Silver_Heart
Blow.Me.Bubbles

Ahh....Hell was a belief thousands of years before Christians even existed. Technically, the beginning of Hell is believed to a place of punishment G-d created for Lucifer and the angels that fell with him.

And most Christians, if you ask them, would much rather not believe in Hell, so Christians making it up wouldn't make much sense...

You're both right, sort of. True, the belief in Hell existed far before Christianity, but it was used as a way to threaten others into obeying and believing. In my opinion, people that threaten others with Hell are contradicting their own beliefs. Those type of people are judging another, which is wrong in their own faith.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 1:59 pm
Kitsune-Yokai
Faey_of_the_Silver_Heart
Blow.Me.Bubbles

You're both right, sort of. True, the belief in Hell existed far before Christianity, but it was used as a way to threaten others into obeying and believing. In my opinion, people that threaten others with Hell are contradicting their own beliefs. Those type of people are judging another, which is wrong in their own faith.

Really? That's interesting. How does it contradict their beliefs? In Christianity, Hell is absolutely neccessary for our belief. Hell's the whole reason Christ Jesus died. Without Hell, no Christ, therefore no Christians.  

A Clockwork Mind

ZombieHugz

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:31 pm
I am of the Christian faith, but the ideals of the people around me would make you think otherwise of our church.
Faith-pushers, I despise.
" You must believe in God!!!! You are going to die and go to hell!!! I'm going to keep telling and praying and shouting, convert, come!!! Jesus saves!!!"
Bleh. Religion should be an open choice. Someone wants to join, alright, let them, don't stalk them into it.

As for Hell, I do believe in it. All those rapist/murderers/etc have to go somewhere, and for those who believe in Heaven, which I do, you would hope they don't end up there. Wouldn't be very Heavenly...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:04 pm
ZombieHugz
I am of the Christian faith, but the ideals of the people around me would make you think otherwise of our church.
Faith-pushers, I despise.
" You must believe in God!!!! You are going to die and go to hell!!! I'm going to keep telling and praying and shouting, convert, come!!! Jesus saves!!!"
Bleh. Religion should be an open choice. Someone wants to join, alright, let them, don't stalk them into it.

I know. People like that bug the living daylights out of me. Faith evident through your actions is so much more effective than screaming Hell and damnation upon people. I mean, it's true, but seriously, tact is still alive and well! Use it.  

A Clockwork Mind

[brainvomit]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:04 am
To me, the most logical answer have been always Hinduism. The way you act in this life, will be either rewarded or punished next life. It has kind of good intentions to make people try to live decent life. :3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:52 pm
I bleive that hell is all to real and although I am a christian myself, I beleive that churches are all too concerned with damnation. People who have no mercy, are athiestic, have commited murder and have felt no regret on behalf of ending someones mortal life, have robbed the poor or rich to benefit themselves and seek nothing but pleasure for themselves and pain for others, they are the ones who should be damned, not people who have commited small sins, or commited mortal sins and truly felt sorry for it.  

Wolf Lord117

ArcadiaB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:47 pm
Well, I sort of believe in Hell, but I'm not sure. I wouldn't consider myself a part of any religon so... Yeah. I do believe that you do go somewhere when you died. DEATH CAN'T BE THE END, CAN IT? neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:28 am
I always found it interesting how the christian faith could morph the concept of Hell which they got initially thru the Jewish religion. in Judaism, Hell is merely separation from god when you die. in essence, nothingness. you dont burn, there's no fire and no brimstone. the christian concept of hell came about as a means of controlling the people by scaring them into believing. I think the worst possible reason to believe in anything is because you fear it. but these faiths arent the only one that have an idea of a place called 'hell'. in I think it's Norse mythology, Hell is a goddess of the furthest reaches of the underworld, and that is also the name of the place.. but it's cold there, and souls arent tormented. it is a place of the dead. that's it. similar to Hades in Greek myth.

given that I dont believe in god as most people do, I also dont believe in 'satan'. to me, god and satan are representations of opposite sides of the same coin.  

Calypsophia

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:33 am
Dreamer Aura Laforest
The God Filicide
I am a Satanist which means (despite anything and everything different you have ever heard about it before) i believe in only myself to complete a destiny that has not been determined becasue i have not chosen to live it that way. In a sense i am my own God, because God is an omnipotent existance or ablsolute to whatever it applies to and in this religion: Myself.
Ok now let me make a few things clear:
1. I do not worship the Devil or Satan.
2. I do not sacrafice living animals to the Devil or Satan.
3. I DO understand why everyone is not a Satanist and am willing to explain it.

Thank you for your time assuming you took the time to read this 3nodding

Can I ask why is it called Satanism if it has in fact almost nothing to do with Satan? It could've been called balanced egoism. I mean, it's "do good to oneself, and to others if it does you good too, but don't harm others neither", right? Satanism sounds misleading...

I always understood Satanism (LaVey's satanism) to be a religion focused on the self. it's creed states, do as you want.. good or bad if it's truly what you want.. but know and understand the consequences of your actions. if you want to do it anyway, fine. if not, fine. Satan itself is more of an icon than anything. it's a form of symbolism as opposed to a real being. however, the Temple of Set believes differently in that respect, which I've always found amusing.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:33 am
invisblebuddy
This is just a simple beginning, but I want the topic to grow and expand with theories.
Many religions believe in a form of damnation (Hell, etc.). I want to know what people that do believe in Hell think about the people who do not believe in Hell or even their religion.
Short and sweet; let's roll!

I do believe in heaven and hell. lets see. i think that everyone who doesnt believe in heaven or hell wont go directly to hell, i think it depends on the persons life. if its a good person that dont believe in god they will go to heaven. if its a murdurer yep they will pretty much burn in hell.  

Anabethe

Gopher dude

Questionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:44 pm
There is a hell, and there is a heaven, but they both connected.

Hell is indeed a horrible place ((lol the gas prices are redicoulas! hahaha!!...cause..it's all flammy..and..gas..burns..IT'S FUNNY)), and bad people do indeed go there, but hell is not perminant NO ONE IS SENTANCED TO DAMNATION FOR ETERNITY. I REPEAT NO ONE. God is forgiving and infanitly full of wisdom and racial jokes. He cannot and would not banish someone to hell for eternity....though it would be along time until you served your punishment...depending on what you did in your life..it might just be a slap on the wrist or reincarnation as a goat or somthing stupid.

*edit.
No hold on I'm not gonna leave this one..
Just let me say this.
I am a person who volunteer's to work..doesn't ask anything in return..flips up signs when they are blown down, buys presents for my family members on holidays (when I have money which is almost never) and tries my best to do the right thing...yet I worship no god, I go to no building of worship, and I do not get on my knee's, or pray.

AND APPEARENTLY I'm going to hell. I'm going to hell because I don't beileve in a praticle or over zealous religion who have in history killed for said invisible man in the sky. I'M GOING TO HELL not the people who worship jesus but then beat up homeless, or bash homosexuals. Me.

Let me say this....If you do worship a god you can still go to hell..it isn't about the religion...it's about you as a person..if god is who we say he is..he cares about what you do, what you think, what your morals are and how you treat other people. Not how you go to his church on sunday listen to the rabi/priest/minister then go sit on your a** and do nothing for your fellow man.

*another edit
yeah I like this one another interesting thing I have to say.
Okay so you think someone did somthing bad and they're going to hell...say they were assholes..or they killed someone..or worse they raped someone..Yes they will go to hell....but...for a period of undisclosed time until the punishment has bine enacted on them as many times as sawn fit until they have learned they're lesson. No one deserves to burn in hell for eternity NO ONE, as everyone is a human, everyone knows good, and bad, and everyone has they're own reasons. No one is evil just a diffrent shade of gray.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff