Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nannerz_loves_you

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:38 pm
"I love you" can mean sooo many different things. I say it to my parents and mean it in a different way than when i say it to my friens. i won't say it to a boyfriend if i don't truly mean it. and even then i try not to over use the phrase. it can totally be used out of context i.e. such as someone saying it to you just so the other person will have sex with them or whatever, but i think in most people's lives the words still hold strong meaning. at least they do for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:30 pm
I believe unfortunately that it is overused. Love is just a four letter word nowadays. But it also depends on the people too.
I love my boyfriend & i'm in love with my boyfriend. When I say I love you to him, I mean it. He is my whole world & my everything. I don't know how I made it this far without him.
So, I think really, it all depends on the person who's saying it as well.  

Mrs.BonJovi

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100

AvariciaMooneater

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:56 pm
when 'i love you' is said to me, it means i am appreciated and loved. it means exactly what it means.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:29 am
The words "I love you" are overused. To me, it means you respect that person and you would do anything for them.
Example: I am in love with my boyfriend & when I tell him I love him, I mean it. But because of things that have happened between us in the past, I question his feelings about me-it feels like he doesn't respect my emotions. (He broke up with me & had a new girlfriend the next day. crying )  

LiM3 TAFFY

TrueKorean101

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:15 pm
Umm depends if its my parents say it when there rly isn't a reason too it rly means nothing.. ik i have no heart but if like my boyfriend or a friend is i think lots about it =]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:40 pm
I say "I love you" mainly to get people off my back, like my mother or sister. I can't love my family because in the end, I'll hurt them or vice versa. I don't love anybody and it's because of that I only say it to make them get away from me and leave me alone. Love holds no meaning for me because I've never seen real love given to me and when it is given to me, it's taken away even quicker.

Love is just a word, no longer an emotion for me and I could care less what anyone thinks. I can't, and won't, love anyone for the simple fact with love comes the possible chance of hurt, and I've been that chance for hurt, too much.

LexiHulan

Cheetagatsa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 pm
I love you still has plenty of meaning. Maybe that means nobody says it to me anymore
but I mean depending who it's coming from or how it's put it could be a lot of things.
From excitment about finally getting to do something, or the ultimate whisper in your ear that makes your soul melt  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:32 pm
I mean it when I say it. I truely meant it when I was dating my best friend. Now we both say it to each other because my best friend is like a brother to me.  

Duck_in_microwave

Professional Lunatic

8,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Friendly 100

~B~Discrete~

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:39 am
I haven't had them used on me by a non-related party since I was five, so basically, my opinion is worth nothing.
Although when I hear them, I'm probably going to be as giddy as humanly possible.
Ut, I do agree with those of you who've said it's overused and therefore had it's deeper meaning erased.
It a sad and ridiculous truth.
One has to wonder when we lost such precious words.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:52 am
Depends on who the words come from.  

Aubrey of the sliver line

Hapshant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:58 am
I like to keep that ugly little emotion called 'love' out of my life. Simply because those sweet little words "I love you." can quickly become "I hate you."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:41 pm
CynthiaDS
Do the words "I love you" mean anything to you?

When I hear those words, I find that the people who say them do not say them like they mean them. But, how much meaning do those three words hold to you guys?

And what do they mean to you?

To me, it just shows that someone cares, but they're just words.

I think the actions that go along with the three words speak louder and more meaningful than just 'I love you' because I just said that. Proving it is another story.

PurpleHandcuff

PoeticJustice_123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:39 pm
the words "i love you" mean the world to moi.. and when i say i mean it. and i'v only said it to one person. but sadly the world uses it way to much.. now it means nothing to people anymore  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:51 pm
The only time I even say or mean the words is for my mother or few close friends. That is the only time I mean it! As for the meanings, we are the ones that put meaning into the words themselves!  

Sinmodonly

Falafel25

6,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:03 pm
I don't know, nobody's told me they loved them in a very long time. Other than my mom, I don't think I could name the last other person I heard it from, and I don't even think I tell my mom I love her that much. I probably should do that more often. Maybe I just don't associate with the kinds of people who overuse the phrase.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff