Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:54 am
My philosophy is best summed up in a quote by Socrates:

"The only true knowledge is knowing that you KNOW nothing." - Socrates

Basically what it means is that we do not KNOW that anything is true. Back in the day, ppl KNEW that the world was flat...... that was until this theory was proven wrong. So then how sure can we be that anything, "laws" of nature / religions / anything, is actually 100% true? I beleve that nothing is completely true. It is just not proven wrong yet..........

So when groups fight wars and such, they are fighting because they each want to stubbornly believe they are right and the other is wrong. All politics, prejudices, wars start because of closed minds in high power.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:45 am
"Use your fingers!"

Everyone has skills to create something, like painting or cooking. I always proof myself by testing me in various things, just to work with these skills.

And "Use your fingers!" stands for "Use your talents!", only using talents can make you go on in life.  

Verderbnis

mixolydian1221

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:32 pm
my philosiphy of life is that it is to give what isn't alive a meaning  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:51 pm
My theory is on my SIG.
1."Everybody's crazy the only question is how much"
and
2."What are you willing to live for,
More importantly
What are you going to live for"

In lamens terms they mean.
1.- Who knows what philosophy is right or who is sane so just live your life to how you believe you should.

2.- Everybody is always "Oh I'll die for this or that" well I say @*#*$*% to that. I say if you want to show how dedicated you are to something live your life for it. As I've seen on one show "It's not how these men died that's important it's how they lived there lives" or you can look at that scene in the Last Samurai where Cruse's chatechter is talking to the emperer.
(Man I should start a forum on this)  

BluePod

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:36 pm
BluePod

2.- Everybody is always "Oh I'll die for this or that" well I say @*#*$*% to that. I say if you want to show how dedicated you are to something live your life for it.

I'm reminded of a quote from the movie "Serenity."

"Do you believe that?"
"I do."
"And are you willing to die for that beleif?"
"I am." "'course...that ain't exactly plan A."

Which brings me to my own philosophy of life, also from "Serenity."

"It dosen't matter what you believe. Just Believe."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:31 pm
My other philosophy of life:

"I think, therefore I am a threat to society" - me  

azrael the reaper_95210

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:20 am
there are a few philosophies I like to run my life by...

1) DONT do unto others what you would NOT want done to you. (my own twist on the 'golden rule'.. I would rather assume what someone doesnt like than what someone does.

2) true wisdom is knowing that I know *nothing* -a quote by Socrates that I see someone else also posted. knowing this, keeps me humble.

3) Live and let live. if someone lives their life in ways I dont like, so long as it doesnt effect my life and doesnt hurt anybody, leave them alone, it's none of my business anyway.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:34 pm
azrael the reaper
My philosophy is best summed up in a quote by Socrates:

"The only true knowledge is knowing that you KNOW nothing." - Socrates

Basically what it means is that we do not KNOW that anything is true. Back in the day, ppl KNEW that the world was flat...... that was until this theory was proven wrong. So then how sure can we be that anything, "laws" of nature / religions / anything, is actually 100% true? I beleve that nothing is completely true. It is just not proven wrong yet..........

So when groups fight wars and such, they are fighting because they each want to stubbornly believe they are right and the other is wrong. All politics, prejudices, wars start because of closed minds in high power.

it is a far wiser course of action to proclaim that you dont know something. it means you know yourself and the limits of your mind. the fact that you are only a small thing in a vast and mysterious universe.

besides, those who talk and claim the most, usually know the least..  

Calypsophia

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:16 am
lilraine

1) DONT do unto others what you would NOT want done to you. (my own twist on the 'golden rule'.. I would rather assume what someone doesnt like than what someone does.

2) true wisdom is knowing that I know *nothing* -a quote by Socrates that I see someone else also posted. knowing this, keeps me humble.

3) Live and let live. if someone lives their life in ways I dont like, so long as it doesnt effect my life and doesnt hurt anybody, leave them alone, it's none of my business anyway.

i agree with all of these........ #3 is one of my big ideals in life......  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:58 am
azrael the reaper
lilraine

I think that if everyone embraced such ideals, the world would be a much more peaceful place. it's unfortunate that this seems to be asking too much. too many people are stuck, unknowingly, in their own little box where their universe is, and where they think everyone else should be, and no one can tell them otherwise. t'is a shame.  

Calypsophia

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:00 am
Calypsophia
azrael the reaper
lilraine

I think that if everyone embraced such ideals, the world would be a much more peaceful place. it's unfortunate that this seems to be asking too much. too many people are stuck, unknowingly, in their own little box where their universe is, and where they think everyone else should be, and no one can tell them otherwise. t'is a shame.

yes.... it certainly is a shame.........  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:07 pm
Khalida Nyoka
I'm all most 19 and still figuring it out.

I am a mass of conflicting ideas and ideals all piled precariously atop one another.
I only worry about the day when my house of cards finally falls down... but maybe I'll have a more clear picture by then.

Though I will say that Satanism as put by Anton Szandor LaVey seemed pretty interesting... but then again so does Raja Yoga... and a bunch of other stuffs.

I'll choose to repeat that I have a lot of conflicting ideas...

I also have a great many conflicting ideas and ideals.

As you say "I only worry about the day when my house of cards finally falls down" all i plan to do is live the best life i can while my house stands.
Life will make it sway and certain cards will fall off or slide into different places but life is life. If your going to live then do it the the fullest extent you can. (shrug) Don't complain about life because its the only one you eill get. (my thoughts on after life in other thread).  

abandon-morality

werebunny131

Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:32 pm
Dance like nobody's watching. Sing like nobody's listening. And live like there's no tomorrow.

An Irish proverb.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:57 pm
The only person who was, will be, and is, perfect is Jesus. The goal in life is to try to acquire such perfection by a realationship with god and love for all people.

((I'm only 13 and I know the true meaning of life... amazing))  

Felixaran

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200

Felixaran

1,500 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:59 pm
azrael the reaper
Calypsophia
azrael the reaper
lilraine

yes.... it certainly is a shame.........

yes it really is, but we might as well be one of the people who follow these.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff