Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harlot Queen

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:05 pm
Well, I'd say death or dying is creepier, only because I know what it's like living, but that doesn't mean I'd necessarily like to live forever. I imagine I could always find some sort of way to keep myself occupied though.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:36 am
In my life, eternal life would be WAY worse then death. Even a MORTAL life is scary to me.  

Ariemea

Dangerous Informer

Takokujin X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 pm
Ultra Sarah
I was talking about this briefly with a friend.

So what do you think would be scarier, having eternal life, or knowing that one day you will have to face death?

I honestly think the second one is scarier, I couldn't imagine a life without life!

Your thoughts?
Think of it this way: With the embrace of death, whether you believe in religion or not shapes your perception of it but I digress, you will either see your loved ones in heaven, be at eternal peace, or you will simply no longer exist and no longer suffer.

With eternal life you will never die, no matter what you do or how long you exist you will stay alive, this doesn ot necessarily mean you wil stay young. You could srivel and rot but your ocnciousness would never leave, you will become lame (paralyzed) and useless, in eternal pain of hunger or other problems. Even if you do have eternal youthyou iwll watch as civilisation after civilization crubles, all of your family die and dissappear, you iwll watch as friend after friend, family after family, pet after pet DIE before your eyes and there's nothing you can do about it. You will watch the world burn, and not burn with it. There is no end. there is no relief.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:10 am
i think eternal life is scarier. i mean think about all those documentaries about, say the sun getting bigger in like a billion years or something. no one's worried about it, but if you lived forever, you'd have to actually be there when it happened....(i personally think that stuff is why in stories its usually "immortal unless you get killed by these few ways")  

une_pomme_verte

Duchessa

2,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:57 am
I'm not afraid of dying but afraid of having no way of escaping reality and life.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:59 pm
Both of these answers to life seem scary. Upon death is eternal and eternal life is like being dead while alive. I would like to think that life as an illusion cast upon us.  

popintarts

Sparkly Noob

7,750 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Velloria

Doting Master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:00 pm
In all honesty, eternal death.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:39 pm
Eternal life ensures that not only will you live to see everyone die, but you're guaranteed to get trapped forever (like if a building collapses on you or you fall into a ravine).

Also, when the world is destroyed by an eventual supernova, you'll be fully alive and kicking in the vast, cold vacuum of space.

Actually, eternal life isn't quite the same as invulnerability, so you could technically off yourself or die from injury.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

GopherChild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:17 pm
I would say both have pros and cons. Death is the end. Your final ending to the story book that is your life. But what is after death? Is there an afterlife? Maybe that is the reason for many people to fear what they do. Not because of the thing itself, but of the unknown afterward. I Myself have what you would call a fear of 'heights'. But the heights aren't the problem. For me it is the falling part. Mostly why I am terrified of Airplanes as well. Death, in itself is unknown, no one knows what comes after, unless you have died yourself. But we can't talk to those people. Eternal life could be a blessing to those people who wish not to die.

Eternal life, though intriguing, can torment the one who possesses it. Thing of Wolverine from X-Men. He has lived for a long time. He watched people die, was in the world wars, and fell in love and lost the women he cared for. If someone had Eternal life, They would see the end of the world. The sun burst and suck in all of earth. see the fall of the humans. Witness everything, up until the end of the universe. Watch your friends die, you family and your lover. None can be constant. Death for someone with Eternal life would balance out the long life awaiting for death.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff