Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)
The Wuvie Dovie... [Art on last page] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 231!

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 pm
Same here... Airdramon and Cyclonemon... do want... and I was happy to get Ghoulmon, who's super weird but I still like.

Know who's really underrepresented in fandoms and favorites and whatnot? Insect Digimon.  
Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 24!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:31 pm
Thats true, basis for power here is very... questionable.
I do wish there were set standards at times, but I also like the fact that they are what you make them in your imagination. Allows us to have conversations like this.  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 19!

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:32 pm
I will agree with the insect comment. I like The Fanbeemon line, and a few others. but the basic bug digimon have never been for me I suppose.  
Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 127!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:34 pm
Everybody run!  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 258!

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:34 pm
Oh tremors. How awkward are you.  
Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 193!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 pm
By questionable I assume you mean nonexistent hahaha~
There's no basis whatsoever for strength of individual Digimon outside of level or type, and in some rare cases, group as far as this particular guild is concerned... which I think is too bad, it'd be nice if Digimon sort of had their own builds and strategies in the same way Pokemon kind of do... It'd be difficult for the guild to do that, of course, and I'm quite sure it wouldn't be worth the effort on the part of the leaders to do so unless they really felt they should.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 257!

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:38 pm
Man, I love the smell of bacon.  
Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 263!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:39 pm
As far as bugs go, I always thought they were pretty creatively designed... Kabuterimon, Kuwagamon, Flymon, and Snimon are all pretty sick looking. I imagine for some reason that the latter two are especially strong as far as champions go...

...it sucks a** that there aren't enough evolutions to go around for all the Bug champions though LOL. Where da heill id Flymon's evolutions!?  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 134!

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 pm
Don't get me wrong, I actually have a lot of respect for the effort and creativity that went into the guild's card-battle system... but the fact remains that it's a battle of cards, not of Digimon. In fact, the actual Digimon themselves are largely irrelevant beyond being battle avatars of a sort; type plays into it, of course, as does level, but all Digimon of the same type of the same level play identically to each other... so it's basically just about the cards.

Which, again, are great. But I fell in wub with Digimon... <3 Not cards... (well, okay, that's a lie... but you get my meaning sweatdrop )  
Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 290!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 pm
There is that, but even if there was a system, the problem would probably end up being a severe lack of balance. Everything would be rated all awkward like. for now we dont have the ability todo that, but maybe some where, a group of digimon super fans are working up the system of power right now.  

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 211!

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ohhh.... bacon.  
Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 106!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 pm
Balance or lack thereof depends all on the effort put in, and the feedback any system gets... in the guild's card system, some things are arguably pretty unbalanced... the Killer cards, that one broken-a** 'A' card, etc. etc... but those things will be improved if the person behind them (who I think is Grandwing right?) makes the effort to improve them. Though largely it's easier for individuals working as part of a team to improve stuff...  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Kizadek generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 141!

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 pm
I think the cards were built that way. The problem is the inconsistency of digimon. I mean, I recently constructed a breeding system that uses the digimon's Family attributes. Like Metal Empire, Nightmare Soldier, ect. but even adding in those situations to the card sytem would be hard.  
Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 19!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:47 pm
I look at Smogon in this regard, they've got tight teams of stuff.

And you know what? They have their own liddle Pokemon RP system. They have the Create-A-Pokemon project where they work hard for months to create a single, balanced, and unique new Pokemon for players to use on their special simulator server and stuff.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Blademaster Banryu generated a random number between 1 and 300 ... 171!

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:48 pm
So I know that this can be done-- you CAN make fan-made systems and stuff that are in fact balanced and fair with enough work... There's just no one out there yet (to my knowledge) who's tried to do that with Digimon so far. Not, at least, in a way I personally would like to see it.  
Walter Island (Official Contest Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... 124 125 126 127 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games