God. Maybe
  I don't know.
  No god. Maybe.
  No god. Definitely.
  I don't care.
View Results

xXLuckeXx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:27 pm
I'm agnostic so I go with the old "it is impossible to confirm or deny the existence of God"
I don't believe in the God that church wants us to believe in. There are many religions out there and it is impossible for one religion to be right and all the other ones to be wrong.

God might be real in the eyes of thousands of people but he is also fake in the eyes of thousands of other people.
The real question about God should be "Does religion make you a better person?"  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:50 pm
Where does religion get you?
Years spent worshiping something that you're not even sure exists...
All god is is something to put hope into... A god only exists if there is fear... Fear of death, fear of disease, fear of not knowing... Where people are afaired there will be something they worship.... I think it's all brainwashing...
Sorry if I offended anybody but it's my opinion...  

kyoshiro2

katho-chan

8,065 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:43 pm
I don't really belive in god or religion. I belive that there is a higher being that created humans but not god. God is something that people made up a long time ago just to control others. Why would there be a god that is supposed to be all loving and then preach so much hate?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:26 am
no. simply, no. this god that you are questioning the existence of does not, and can not, exist. why, might you ask? because, this god is a 3,000 year old excuse as to why things are the way they are. and every member of every religion has fallen for this pathetic attempt to explain existence. est satis?  

Intelife

Dolix Pullo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:41 pm
This is actually an easily answered question. HELL YEAH! of course there's a God. (almost) Every single major religion of today worships one central God. I think that Jesus was His son, and that Buddah and Muhammed are his prophets. I don't know much about Confusious, so I can't say anything about him. (Name's kinda ironic. lol xd )  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:24 pm
Its so easy to awnser this.... xD of course theres no god physically, thats why people belive in him with FATE.. a blind form of thrust, so sorry for you, this question has no awnser, Atheist can say there is no, nor religion can say there is a god.

You know why? Because no one can prove that persons have seen, being,touched, or anything with god, nor cience cant prove that there isnt one.... so its easy smile just... ignore this question and continue with a happy life, filled with good and joy, instead of asking if you may do evil if theres no one to punish you...

And a little P.D. for the persons that awnsered this so vigorously, YOU ARE NOT SURE!!! SO WHY DO YOU SAY THERE IS O THERE IS NO GOD!!! > sad if you dont even know!!! no one knows!! and let it be like that....  

Yakutsa

werebunny131

Dabbling Regular

15,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:20 pm
xXLuckeXx
I'm agnostic so I go with the old "it is impossible to confirm or deny the existence of God"
I don't believe in the God that church wants us to believe in. There are many religions out there and it is impossible for one religion to be right and all the other ones to be wrong.

God might be real in the eyes of thousands of people but he is also fake in the eyes of thousands of other people.
Ah...that is the great question isn't it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:43 pm
werebunny131
xXLuckeXx

Ah...that is the great question isn't it.

my answer would be absolutely not.  

Calypsophia

Dr.Speth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:19 pm
I feel that there is a god, although he is not the omnipotent and omniscient being that is always mentioned by priests. I also feel that humans are not a creation of god but one of the devil, hence our potential for evil, murder in the name of religion, etc etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:25 pm
o i beleive there isnt a god and if the god in the bible does exist i would rather burn in the pits of hell then bow to him if he existed why is he letting us be tortured why does god not accept gays is he testing us are we his little puppets his toys that he can watch are we his amuesment are we his version of the real world i cannot beleive or worship someone or something that cant accept gays and tortures us plus the bible itself is a contridiction if when you go to heaven your perfect how could st.lucifer become a fallen angel oh and if the whole adam and eve thing is true then we are all incest but god frowns upon that and if god didnt want us to be gay or to be with our family why does he let ok ok i know all of you are gonna be like he gave us a choice he ets us live how we want then why the f**k does he want to change us when we go to heaven  

ohemgeefersure

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 pm
First, on homosexuality and the Bible: so what if He says it's wrong? He also says I can't lie or play with myself. Wearing clothing not of one form of material is a sin. Why? To show we're screwed without Jesus. Now, as to why He "tortures" us: He doesn't. He allows us to be tested and make our choices. Our choices are generally bad. God didn't say, "Hitler, kill these Jews," Hitler thought one day, "I need to wrangle me up some Jews."

Also...where in the Bible does it say spread your religion through the sword? Or the Torah for that matter (since that's just the Old Testament). That's right, it doesn't. However, the Koran does state that. And why are people still saying Buddha was a prophet or god? He was a philosopher. He specifically told his followers he was not a god nor divine, just a man with some good ideas. Same with Confucius, who no one even listened to while he was alive and he spent his life advising one king after another, generally being shunned for his revolutionary ideas. A few hundred years later when China needed something to bring together its people, they said, "Look at these texts! We've fallen away from them, and that's why we're in such disarray! We must go back to our roots." However, Confucius was not their roots, but a poor hermit thrown around a lot.

As for the Crusades, the foolishness which is the Pope, and other modern follies, notice that these are all done by men. They did these things in the name of God, but not as prescribed by God. Did God prescribe wars? Yes, they ended up happening in the Bible, and usually it was a punishment to that society. However, he also readily punished his own. The Jews are the chosen people by God, yet historically really they're just about every other big nation's footstool. It is made clear that God is both loving and wrathful.

Perhaps some of you have children, and will understand this. Do you give your children everything? If your kid walks onto train tracks, and a train is coming, do you just watch? No! You push the kid out of the way and yell at him. You make sure that kid knows not to stand on the train tracks. That was a bit of a bad example. If your kid asks for a toy, do you always give them that toy, or do you try to teach them to be responsible enough to raise some money so they can get the toy? When they go to school, you let the kid do their own homework so they can learn, instead of doing it for them so they learn nothing. He created creatures that can be educated by their mistakes and think over the mistakes of those before them. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

However, in the same respect and going back to the kid, do you ban the kid from dating or making their own mistakes? Yet, God is suppose to just roll over and give us everything without us learning anything. This just sounds silly. Honestly, we weren't really made that way. We take a while to learn. We screw up, and have to learn to move on to make something better. The angels were given the capacity to make their decision once, where as we can make a new one every hour. He gives us a way out that we can choose to take or not. Really, Hell is the place people go who don't want God in their life. Hell is also the place where God has no presence, so theoretically He loves those people enough that, though it will cause them great pain and eventual non-existence, He's willing to give them what they wish, which is His complete absence.

Now, there is something beautiful called apologetics. I had a teacher in high school senior year who used this to show us how to prove God and Jesus to the best of our ability. First, all things require faith. It's ridiculous to claim that religion is the only thing. When you wake up, you have faith that you have to show up to work or school. Tomorrow, I may not because it's snowing quite nicely. In the class, my teacher said we had faith that the desks we were sitting upon were going to hold us. The first class he had, two minutes after he said that a desk gave way and a student was quickly found on the floor. How fickle is that desk in which he placed his faith in!

But then we must look at how this compares to the Bible. The chair was tested repeatedly, and really should hold us except for the rare occasion. In the same sense, we believe that history books tell us the truth. Historians go out and test the facts of a history book, in theory, to see that it matches. We did not see the Napoleonic War, but we believe it happened. We did not see Seneca, but we believe he existed. All of this is because there is evidence supporting the historical texts. The Bible is an incredibly reliable historical text concerning what could be tested, so why wouldn't we believe it?

Fortunately, we had Luke in the New Testament, who was a doctor. He meticulously stated where things were and who was in control of different lands. When cross checked, he was accurate in his claims. Several key locations from the Bible have been found. On top of that, there are records of the Jews being enslaved by the Babylonians and Egyptians, things written in the Bible. Also, if you look at several old mythologies, there is generally a period where everyone states there was a great flood. Coincidence? And for those who will say it is to mimic the Bible, what of the Native Americans who also have the great flood around the same period and in their stories? The Cherokee creation story has a reference to the flood. Ragnarok, honestly, could be a reference to the flood. Ragnarok destroys what was, but two people survive. In the same token, Ragnarok could have happened before the Bible, and Adam and Eve were the survivors. I digress.

They found records of Jesus, as well. In the countryside, these records call him a savior, while around bastions of Judaism they call him a blasphemous sorcerer, a reputation that would fit the Bible's description of the pharisees' general disposition to him. Speaking of pharisees, why didn't they just say Jesus' body wasn't in the tomb? They said that his body was stolen by the apostles. Now, the guard was guarded by Roman legions. These men are raised to kill, and failure was met with death. They subdued barbarians from around Europe, trained soldiers from around the Mediterranean, and here these apostles came and overcame them? The apostles had no idea how to fight. Oh my, Peter (I think) caught a servant in the ear with a surprise attack. The soldiers would have made easy work of 12 untrained men. The body had to have been missing, or the pharisees would have just stated that the body was still in the tomb, and been away with the entire religion, and it doesn't make sense that the apostles took the body, as the pharisees claimed. The pharisees protected the Roman guards, telling them to say nothing of what happened, and the guards were alleviated, fortunately for them, of their normal punishment. You still cannot prove without a doubt that Jesus did raise from the dead, it's impossible, but my the evidence stacks and I'd like to see someone prove the Peloponnesian Wars happened, without a doubt.

Now, to all you out there who want to take down Christianity, you need only focus on one point: the resurrection of Jesus. If you can disprove it without a doubt, then the entire thing falls to shambles. But, I have that faith needed to jump the gap, as many of you do but do not employ towards Christianity. Actually, everyone has a little faith. There are a few true skeptics, but they are rare indeed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:13 pm
i believe that there is no such higher being that controls our fate or tells us that he wants things this way. as the afterlife goes, i believe here is a possibility.  

Decrepit Bunny Rabbit

hydaIV

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:07 pm
well i dont think i can really say. i mean no one can really say for sure cause if u acually do every meet god(if u believe in him) u r already dead and u cant tell anyone else. well i believe that there is a god. acually im not sure. well my parents force me to go to church so i guess i believe in god. but im not sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:41 am
hydaIV
well i dont think i can really say. i mean no one can really say for sure cause if u acually do every meet god(if u believe in him) u r already dead and u cant tell anyone else. well i believe that there is a god. acually im not sure. well my parents force me to go to church so i guess i believe in god. but im not sure.

your parents making you go to church doesnt mean you yourself believe of your own accord. no one else can dictate the beliefs in your heart.  

Calypsophia

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:20 pm
I do believe that there is a god that created all that is, and not because some religion told me to do so. Although I am a shemsu in the Kemetic Orthodoxy, our path is a spiritual one, where we as individuals connect with the Divine, with the many Aspects of Netjer (Ra, Wesir, Yinepu, Sekhmet, etc.) Can science prove that divine beings exist? I highly doubt it. There is plenty of supernatural around us to certainly suggest life after death as a spirit or soul, however I follow in my belief not out of fear of what lies beyond the grave, but because of the intimate relationship I hold with the Aspects of Netjer. To me, They are like family as much as they are Deities. That They involve themselves in my life through encouragement, assistance and the occassional mirical (So far all of my prayers to Mother Sekhmet to help one of my friends in thier times of great sickness have all been answered, so to me, that right there is enough proof of Thier existance, though in truth I really do not need proof in that manner). So despite what we humans can try to prove with our science, there will always be somethings we can never prove or disprove because science is used by humans, and as thus, is limited by humans.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff