Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Vampires. Do you believe in the beings of night? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THE_SHY_ONES

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:38 am
Don't believe cause the world would be full of a lot of undead people running around sucking blood. But if it was true I would like to be a vamp to live forever and see wat happens over time.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:40 pm
I do believe in vampires... but that's just me..  

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

kyttie_kurai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:07 pm
Yes there is such things as vampires. As has been stated there are cases of clinical vampirism-which is usually a psychological urge to drink blood. Sometimes this can be caused by a lack of iron in the blood. there is also what is known as renfield's syndrome:

"Some attention has been given to a condition named 'Renfield's Syndrome' in psychological literature, based on the fly-eating character Renfield in Bram Stoker's Dracula. Renfield's Syndrome is described as having four stages: a trauma or 'critical incident' in childhood in which the patient discovers that the taste and sight of blood is 'exciting' or attractive; 'autovampirism', the drinking of one's own blood (autohemophagia); 'zoophagia', or the consumption of blood from animals; and finally 'true vampirism', in which the patient must have human blood, and may resort to stealing blood from medical facilities, or serial murder." -- Vyrdolak.

However people who claim to be vampires by saying the have unusually long life spans, or supernatural powers- are looked down upon by the vampire community as 'posers'.

There is actually an entire Vampiric community, living among us, over seen mostly by COVICA, but because of the Thirteen Rules of Community, aka "the black veil" many do not know it.

Also, there is more than one kind of vampire

Auto vampires, are those who drink their own blood, this kind of vampirism is closely linked to SMS.

Blood vampires, or sanguinarians, are those who feel the need to consume blood, not to be confused with blood fetishists (haemosexuals), who drink blood in small amounts because they are attracted to the site or smell of it.

Clinical vampires are those who are psychological addicted to the act of drinking blood- this vampiric trait can be linked to other types of vampirism.

Energy vampires feed upon the chi, or life force of others, and show signs of light sensitivity, a nocturnal lifestyle, and periods of Thirst.

Haematophiliacs are people who have an erotic attraction to the site, smell and taste of blood. A more severe form of haematophilia is haemotadipsia.

Haematomaniacs are those who have an unstoppable psychological craving for blood.

Psychic Vampires (psy vamps) are those who feed upon the collective consciousness or life energy of others. Also known as psi vamps. (though some argue they are different, according to sanguinarius- psi vamp refers to what they feed on, while psy vamp refers to how they feed)

Psychological vampires (emotional vampires) are those who usually have a histrionic or narcisstic personality disorder who create dramatic situations and than demand emotional support from those around them. this is not a spiritual or physical type of vampirism, it is more of a psychological disorder. However, these 'vampires' leave their victims emotionallly and mentally drained after dealing with them.

Real vampire: "Someone who has a condition which includes but is not limited to a physical thirst or driving need for blood (which is non-erotic in nature; and in more significant quantity than is generally required or desired by other blood-drinkers, such as blood fetishists) or psi energy; increased physical and/or psychic sensitivities; sensitivity to light or sunlight and a nocturnal circadian rhythm; amplification and/or alteration of emotional states and feelings, etc.; and perhaps the (unsubstantiated*) potential for an indefinitely extended lifespan (which is not to be confused with "immortality"), although many vampires do maintain a youthful twenty-something look well into their thirties or even forties. It does NOT include the abilities to change shape, fly, command others' wills, heal instantaneously, accomplish superhuman feats of strength or speed, etc. "

Sexual vampirism is a form of psi vampirism, where the feeding is done primarily from sexual energy, or energy generated during sex. This can be done consciously or subconsciously.

A sympathetic vampire usually starts out as a Donor to another vampire, and has been fed from too frequently. Thus, they turn to vampirism themselves to restore lost amounts of blood/ chi.

I hope this has answered your questions.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:01 pm
Yes I do.
I have even a vampyric lifestyle and thats totally normal for me and my closer friends - they dont have anything against me or what I am doing.

And by that kurai said on her long post so am I a natural Haematomaniac and I am proud of being that ^^

Yes, a lot of people says that I have psycological problems when I love blood so much, but this world arent made so everyone must be exactly the same.
And I dont feel good inside if I cant do what I like, in this case blood.

Blood for me is like sex for others..
Most people cant live without it, but I can, because I have already found my heaven by drinking blood.
No one can take it from me <3

If you wanna talk more about it, or just wanna ask questions about my lifestyle or anything like that - so just pm me, or just write it here.
I will do my best to answear on them ^^

Just dont call me a psyco, I have heard enough of it already *smiles*  

Cassandra G Varcolaci

Dangerous Bloodsucker

9,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:05 pm
So, after reading everything that's been said, here we go....

I don't believe in the "true vampires"- blood drinking immortal creatures of the night like in Dracula or Anne Rice's books or whatnot. But, I do accept the idea (in varying degress) of the other types- psi, psy, haemophiles, etc.

In fact, I am definately a haemophiliac- blood just does it for me... especially if combined with sex. I also believe (and others agree) that I might be some sort of sexual vampire. I feed of the pure energy of sex and lust. I can put my guy into a state of aggrivated animalistic lust, or on the opposite end, lull him into the contented relaxed afterglow of domination... and can also have the same done to me. I am also an auto vampire. As long as I can remember, any time I have bled, I've licked it up and enjoyed it. Unless, of course, it was contaminated with dirt or something else nasty. I won't do that. Too risky. I also will not feed from someone else unless I know that person is clean. You can never be too safe.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:03 am
With the way the world is today I don't think vampires can exist. Unless there was only a very very small number of them sticking together. I think that if you did have vampires there would be that one who would want to flaunt it. To tell the world that they exist and to take the fame. It just seems like a personality trait. There are people like that so why wouldn't there be vampires like that.  

Your Random Lover

Firestormuk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:41 am
biologically I think it would need some pretty crazy mutations for you to suddenly evolve your Jaw and teeth for the pure purpose of drinking blood, I guess that it could be possible sometime, don;t think they would last that long tho sad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:08 pm
I believe in vampires. Any kind really, because we don't have enough records that tell us how they act. But you brang up a good point. I have no doubt about psychic vampires. Normal people who aren't actually vampires, but do have the psychic ability to drain other peoples emotions/energy/etc. Yep, that's what I believe. biggrin  

MidNightAuthoress

turtlegirl100

Omnipresent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:41 pm
i don't believe in them directly, but i do believe in diseases that may cause people to do or look like them, as well as werewolves, and other creatures like that.
but if they really did exsist, i'd be quite satisfied, because it means the world isn't as boring as it appears to be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:26 pm
Heh, i believe that vampires do exist, I am one of those extremely pale people, I am really sensitive to sunlight too, in fact, i have to put sun block on everyday, and even if you do find this a bit disturbing, i have drinken blood before, it was my own, i find blood fascinating, i know other people just like me, and people tend to call us vampyres...  

x_V-Ghost-V_x

alphafemale76

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:44 pm
I personally don't believe in vampires. They fascinate me though. I would love it if they were real. I do however believe that there are some psychos out there who feed on blood and stuff like you said. I like blood, and think it's cool, but I don't have the urge to lap it up from someone's jugular vein, and I know I didn't spell that right. I am certainly open to other people's opinions, but I believe that the mythical types of bloodsuckers are just legend to scare people into carrying a cross and wooden stake around.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:16 pm
Wouldn't say I believe in vampires. Some people have a disease, [can't recall it] that makes them believe they are vampires. Only believe in zombies, ghosts, and phantoms.

EDIT: I just had a thought that changed my opinion: they could exist, maybe the government are just keeping them away so they could not provoke any panic or fear amongst the public. Same could be with any "supernatural" being.  

Tagga

Greedy Capitalist

Tagga

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:18 pm
alphafemale76
I personally don't believe in vampires. They fascinate me though. I would love it if they were real. I do however believe that there are some psychos out there who feed on blood and stuff like you said. I like blood, and think it's cool, but I don't have the urge to lap it up from someone's jugular vein, and I know I didn't spell that right. I am certainly open to other people's opinions, but I believe that the mythical types of bloodsuckers are just legend to scare people into carrying a cross and wooden stake around.

Logical response. There are those types of people, the ones with the disease.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:14 am
I believe, like dragons, vampires and many other mystical beings are extinct or in hiding.  

Skrapz

7,950 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

NarcoticxDreams

900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:29 am
Vampires never existed and they never will. Just like dragons and werewolfs.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff