Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shenyu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:16 am
Konnichi wa!
Nihongo kaite imasu.
Well I did until now...

Well I am not in school anymore, but I learned some Japanese in the VHS. We had a small group and I was the youngest, so it was nice company.
I can do the normal tourists phrases "O-tearai wa doko desu ka?" ("Where is the toilet?" VERY important sentence!) and some Hiragana, but I have to read it loudly, so I guess it would be very embarrassing on a holiday standing in front of restaurant, staring an mumbling "ooooooo... kuuuu... nooooo... ... ... mi... ya...ki...."
And I cannot read Katakana... only 3 ones, which is not enough. I know some Kanji... about 5... still not enough. But lately I found myself trying to read all the writings in Persona 3 (PS2 game)^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:32 pm
Omae nikibi o tsubushita hou ga izou. :<
(You should pop your zits)

一遍、死んでみる?
Would you like to see death, this once?
:3

I'm a total phony. First one was out of my book Dirty Japanese.
Other one is from a freakin' anime.

biggrin
But I love the damn language. I'm studying it hard as I can...I just have trouble remembering the words. I'm starting to be able to read some Japanese...Kanji's are such a b***h, ya know. ;-;

I know more Japanese than some random Naruto geek off the street, though...and that makes me proud.  

kairi_angel

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 am
As of right now, I can't make a complete sentence in Japanese. My high school offers spanish, french, german, and italian. They used to offer japanese, but they got rid of it!!!! gonk

The reason they got rid of it was because of money problems. Some of my friends were taking the class, so when they heard about this, one of them went around with a petition for people to sign so that not only the japanese class, but also the other classes could stay in the school.

I'm trying to teach myself japanese, but so far, it's not going well... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:48 pm
Lunastar324
As of right now, I can't make a complete sentence in Japanese. My high school offers spanish, french, german, and italian. They used to offer japanese, but they got rid of it!!!! gonk

The reason they got rid of it was because of money problems. Some of my friends were taking the class, so when they heard about this, one of them went around with a petition for people to sign so that not only the japanese class, but also the other classes could stay in the school.

I'm trying to teach myself japanese, but so far, it's not going well... sweatdrop

Hah. Your school has more than we do though. We only have the first three. D: My school said they would probably have Italian or something before Japanese. They apparently think it's hard or something. And of course money.

Japanese isn't that hard. English is just as hard to them as it is to us, I figure. Our letters are symbols, too, ya know?  

kairi_angel

sachiko_k

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:16 am
I was in Japanese club at my high school. I took Japanese 1-5 (offered in 8th grade through senior year) for the easy A. I'm full Japanese but I'm only semi-fluent. I speak English at home so it's probably why my Japanese hasn't gotten any better. I'm trying to learn/memorize kanji. Ugh too hard.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:45 am
I've seen books that help you memorize them easier with pictures and whatnot. Do you guys know if those actually help?
;-; They look so niiiice~.

And part of the problem I think is that it takes me forever to find the right symbols on a normal English computer for a single sentence. Took me a full hour to find the symbols to create "Ippen, shinde miru?"

I'm just grateful my parents want me to study something so they buy me the books and s**t.  

kairi_angel

Icey Mesovskaya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:21 pm
Konbanwa!
Watashi wa Mercutio desu.
Nihongo o benkyushiteimasu.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:39 pm
everyone is so lucky, the only thing in japanese that i know is the Chi's Sweet Home theme song.....well I know some basic things but thats pretty much from watching subbed anime. We only have spanish at my school because our school is cheap a** and wont even get a soccer team stressed so yeah.....I've been tryin to learn on my own but I have short attention span so I don't remember much and I can't see the Japanese characters on my computer so it sucks even more *cries*  

Coco_Bunny23

Furude Hanyuu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:01 am
Orgo
fairywaif
I just joined the Japanese club at my school. Doing this reminds of a song I sang in elementary..
Ohiyo gezimuz (I'm spelling the way they're pronounced, sorry...)
genke desu ka
moshi (something...) ru...
Konichiwa!(Repeat)

I took Japanese all for years of high school, but I'm forgetting a lot of what I've learned. crying Shiku shiku!
Ohaiyo gozaimasu (Good morning)
genki desu ka (How are you?)

Has ne1 noticed that anime characters don't say Konnichiwa! any more? Instead they'll say Hi! but with an accent.

I know! Weird I guess the Japanese are getting pretty interested in the English language (I'm only half Japanese, so I learned alot from this)  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:20 pm
こんばんわ!
はじめまして。
私わリサキルパ。  

The77Doctor

skyelarks

Dapper Hunter

7,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:56 pm
The only language offered in any of the schools in my county is Spanish. But luckily instead of having to take it for a total of for years between college and high school, I only have to take it for two year since I go to an early college high school^^

This year my homeroom teacher has agreed to help me learn Japanese, but I have to do it by myself every day, all they do is moniter my work.
So far I'm the only Japan fan at my school going this far to learn Japanese^^

The only tough thing will be working around my busy schedule since I'm in the anime club at my school, and I'm in charge of funds and paper work, and this year we're going to be holding our very own con^^  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:02 am
i had to learn French for three years at my school and i came away knowing only how to say hello. i been glancing through Japanese and i have learned a remarkable amount.

it has only been this year that i have decided that it is time to take learning Japanese seriously. i have been interested in it for a long time and have vowed to one day visit japan.
i have never had the opportunity to take a course in the Japanese language so i am attempting to teach myself.
the problem i have is that so many words can be used for so many different things. or at least that what different sources tell me like konnichiwa can be said throughout the day as a greeting but it apparently means good evening.  

Mordred_Faye

BeautifulDisaster1496

Blessed Lunatic

10,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:48 pm
OMG I looooooove Japanese stuff. My so called "uncle" got mad at me the other day because I said Japan was going to rule the world one day. Well here is the little of Japanese that I know:
-Konnichiwa= Hello
-Moshi Moshi= Hello ((Only on thy phone.))
-Hon= Book
-Ongaku= Music
-Shintek= Retard
-Fujin= Women
-Goshujin Hahaoya= Your Mom
-Tabun= Maybe
-Buta= Pig
-Chichi= Father
-Haha= Mother
-Biru= Beer
-Dasai= Dork
-Ketsunoana= a**
-Ho-Ru= Hole
-Bara= Rose
-Banpaia= Vampire
-Chi= Blood  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:44 am
Watashi wa Nihongo ga skoshi wakaremasu. ._.

I learn from a CD thing... it's really cool. Just lemme get the name. xd

x unobstructed pencil x

Tadashi the Saiyan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:39 am
Can ANYONE here read Japanese? If you can, I need a translator for Doujinshi!!!!!!!

I love all things Japan! Manga, Anime, their traditions and beliefs, and I can be caught listening to their music a lot! L'Arc En Ciel, Zard, Field of View, Utada Hikaru, and...oh...I forgot the name, but the guys who do a lot of DBZ music.

My fav anime is DBZ, followed by Fullmetal Alchemist, and then Bleach.

PM me if you can read Japanese well.  
"FLC" Foreign Languages and Cultures

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces