Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Religious Tolerance: Your views Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Your tolerance level?
  Anyone who does not believe in my religion is going to hell. Convert!
  I hold some predjdice agianst those not of my faith, but I don't act on it.
  All people are good, just misguided.
  To each thier own
  We are all people and that's what should be most important in the day-to-day dealings with others
  I believe in my religion and have read up on other faiths to better undersstand the people who follow them
  GOLD!
View Results

Zivillyn

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:05 am
I couldn't care less what someone else's religion is. Someone could have Woody Allen's beliefe that there is an inteligence to the universe with the exception of certain parts of New Jersy, and it wouldn't make a difference to me. Also, aren't we all atheists who say we follow a religion to cover our asses?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:07 am
FREAKAman01
Ink_Weaver_Heart
For all Skeptical Christians!:

In the Bible, it does say that God is "The God of all Gods" and "The Lord of all Lords." So, if you're one to not believe in Goddesses and such, take a better look at that beloved book.

It's talking about false gods and false lords because
the Bible says there is only one true God

And in the Q'uran, "La ilaha il alah", or "there is no god but god." (don't know if I spelled the arabic correctly)  

Zivillyn

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100

Mai Chou-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:47 pm
You could say i'm "tolerant," but i'm more "respectful." I'm still not entirely sure what i believe in, but I'm probably closer to a weak agnostic. to me, perfects gods seem unrealistic, but i respect that other people believe in them. All my friends are Christian, so I obviously deal with their view and respect them. I only go to church because I feel that I'm am obligated to go for my family. I just get frustrated when my friends try to tell me that God will come down, and take everyone that truly believe in him, up to heaven, and everyone else will stay on Earth and suffer horribly... this seems way to unrealistic to me, so i get mad, but it stays inside of me, waiting to be let out. It's like they're forcing it down my throat, but i don't want to start a fight. I'm not the violent type, so i just let it go...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:57 am
I hate to say it, But I have no time for tolerating other religions because I'm too busy defending mine. Thank you very much Fred Phelps!  

Skrapz

7,950 Points
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Crap Sandwich

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:15 pm
If the world had more tolerance toward religion we would be better off and incredibly close to a worldwide peace.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:18 pm
Not to bash, but I find that Christians are especially guilty of forcing others to follow their views.

I'm Shinto [I rambled about this in another forum here on Why Not?], and part of being Shinto is to learn about other religions and how they view the world. My mother and I, when we first came to the US, church hopped [for lack of better word] and the reason we stopped was because of one individual at a Chirstian church. I attended youth groups and she joined adult groups, and the father/pastor/priest [I'm sorry to say that I don't know the difference between them so I applogise] point blank told her that we were going to go to hell if she and I didn't convert immediately. He told her that we were on the pathway to sin because we weren't "followers of Christ" and that we were evil and needed to be cleansed for all the years we spend worshipping a "false" God. We were both so offended that anyone would say that that we stopped going to all churches, and I now refuse to step into one unless absolutely necessary.
Now I know that this isn't how all christians think, but it nonetheless gave me a permanent impression on most all practicing Christians. Since then I'm extremely uncomfortable talking about religion in front of proclaimed Christians because I'm afraid I'll be subject to that same type of intolerance.

I understand that people are passionate about their views, but I think that bashing other people is essentially a bad thing. I can't imagine a God anywhere that would reward such negative behavior.  

JuilianFai

Kitsune Voss

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 12:05 pm
Have you ever noticed the common themes in religion worldwide? Love? Tolerance? Non Violence? Personally I was raised Christian, i believe in God and Jesus and the devil but i don't agree with the practice of organized religion. there also things in the bible i don't agree with. I for one refuse to believe that all of the perfectly wonderful non christian people are going to hell for not being christian. I think it's important to keep in mind that while the bible(or any religious text really) may have been originally the word of God but it was written down by people, translated hundreds of thousands of times from different languages and that the bible we currently use is a consolidation of many different bibles. I believe we should keep an open mind. And also that the deities of all religions may simply be one grand being that changes in form to match the time and place of the place the religion appears in. I don't care WHAT your religion is until you start to shove it down my throat. In my High school there was this one kid everyone called 'Bible Boy' he would introduce himself to you by slamming his bible down in front of you, getting in your face, and saying "read this", I didn't care that he was a devout christian (I being only christian by the loosest definitions i don't even attend church) but it was just obnoxious in the way he went about trying to convert people. He then proceeded to tell me i was going to hell because i practice tarot. I cant stand people like that.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:00 pm
I am tolerant to the point of ignorance cry I personally think we can do away with all the world's religion by just having faith in ourselves.  

oh `chaste

Smoker

6,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Nilly Tsegrah

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:40 pm
My aunt is probably one of the most tolerant people I know. She was wiccan in her teen years, but has since expanded her spiritual beliefs and accepts a lot of people as they are now. Heck, I think the only religion she doesn't like is the local Christian group we have here; a lot of them are really rude to a lot of people and a lot of the kids in the church as a result either go to private schools or are homeschooled because their attitudes got them into serious trouble.

I'm pretty tolerant of things, but if people start getting on me about converting, I flip out. I was born and "raised" a Methodist, but only went to church for maybe two months of my life. I've got friends who are Christian (nice Christians who have not yet attempted to strangle me for not converting), Latter Day Saint (Mormons for those not in the know), Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, but I don't really care. I'm able to have mostly mature conversations with them about religion, but we generally stay away from subjects iffier than that.

There was a girl in my school who was a devout Christian and started getting on me about not believing in Jesus' power, that I was going to hell for having a gay uncle (I don't even know where she found that out. I think she just guessed. neutral ), that I was a sinner and a whore because I had no extremely close female friends except for another girl she'd already persecuted. Just.. b***h please. Seriously. neutral Your religion preaches tolerance. I also don't like how she treated me like s**t for most of middle and high school; she now no longer talks to me, but eyes me real weird.

Another thing I don't understand is that the nicer Christians I know are always trying to apologize for the ruder of their faith. It's not your fault they're like that. Calm down. Stop apologizing for other people's faults. o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 pm
Your religion is yours, and none of my buisness...

Just dont be mad when I apply logic to what you say.  

deamondancer

3,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kumi Katsuna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:13 am
I hate the Hatred religons have against certain people. I don't go to church but I do pray every night. And I really don't believe in just one God. I have mulitiple ways of practicing my Beliefs.
I can Tolerate people a their beliefs. I only ask that no one tries to change me to what the want.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:27 am
Ink_Weaver_Heart
For all Skeptical Christians!:

In the Bible, it does say that God is "The God of all Gods" and "The Lord of all Lords." So, if you're one to not believe in Goddesses and such, take a better look at that beloved book.

*Snickers*
You believe in a book!

I'm not trying to insult you. I just find it funny that someone would believe that an Omnipotent Creature would create lowlife disgusting creatures(Humans) to reward them if, AND ONLY IF, they follow the "Word" of "God" truly and utterly.  

Kumi Katsuna

Mad Haru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:08 pm
I personally believe in the Flying Spagetti Monster, and as such, the first of It's Noodliness' 'I'd Really Rather You Didn't's;
"I'd Really Rather You Didn't Act Like a Sanctimonious Holier-Than-Thou a** When Describing My Noodly Goodness. If Some People Don't Believe In Me, That's Okay. Really, I'm Not That Vain. Besides, This Isn't About Them So Don't Change The Subject."
Thus, I don't act like a jerk in that manner.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:24 pm
I don't really care about your religion, as long as you are a good person, I'm a Wiccan and I have friends that are; Wiccan, Morman(Sp?), Christian, Catholic, Hindu. Whatever, as long as you are cool with my religion and don't go around bashing other people's I wont have a problem.  

Ookami hime95

Hygienic Vampire

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas