Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Series that fail. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sheard

Man-Hungry Kitten

9,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 pm
Zatenai
Gantz (anime)

For one it strays to far away from the manga (which was awesome) the series never goes in order of the manga. And plus it just ends! (just like tom sawyer) i mean the series keeps going and the manga keeps going.

I have to second this one...

GANTZ as a manga series is epic... 23 volumes, 273 chapter and still going. It's worth reading though despite the gore and nudity.

As an anime though, it just fails on so many levels that I don't even know where to begin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:18 am
i've thought of a few more :3

Lucky Star. ok randomness is great! for a few episodes. or interspersed throughout but other than randomness this series had NOTHING to offer.

Bambino (a live action) ok i'm a hugggeee fan of the lead, Matsumoto Jun. and i really love cooking/chef dramas. heck most of the cast of this i'm a fan of. But. this was uber fail.I can't exactly figure out what i didn't like about it but it just couldn't hold my interest.

Sayanora Zetsubou Sensei, more randomness. Although it can be funny at some parts it's mostly just harem-randomness. if i was the sensei i'd want to kill myself too. I can't believe that there was a second season to this.  

Ryoruki

The_Otakutopian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:35 pm
"Dragonball" (original series, Z and GT) - WAAAAAY TOOOOO LOOOOOONG! stressed

"Yu-gi-oh! GX" - not the same without Yugi and his gang - though the first season with the introduction and the shadow riders was descent, and the duels weren't as long either.

"Inuyasha" - too long and no real ending. Begging for a follow-up.

"Bakugan" - Basically another "Yu-gi-oh!" clone.

"Pokemon" - especially the later seasons when they completely changed the cast. I kinda got used to the original dub voices of the characters. Plus it's WAY too long.

"Case Closed" (A.K.A. "Detective Conan") - Basically one mystery (usually a murder mystery) after another with really little character development, namely Conan (Real Name: Jimmy Kudo) against those guys who turned him into a kid.

"One Piece" - mainly the 4Kids dub 'cause they butchered it. Funimation's dub so far is actually pretty descent and true to the original series. Though it still seems kinda long (although still better than the 4Kids dub).

"Pilot Candidate" - Too boring and long (for 12 or so episodes) and no real ending.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:05 am
Ok, who said Sailor Moon? *shakes fist* I love Sailor Moon (first season, and I've seen about 1/4- 1/6 of the 2nd season before my computer died)

Ok, lets take a look at whats on my list:

Dragon Ball Z -> Hated it when it came out, there's no freaken plot, and who cares about 5 balls?

Pokemon -> Ok, it was good for the first season, but how many pokemon are they gunna make? I recently played Gold and most of the pokemon on there were just...EPIC FAIL. I was searching for the originals, but I couldn't find any more then Staru (and later stages), Onix, Geodude (and later stages), Goldeen (and later stages), Tenacool (and later stages), and Pigey (and later stages).

Digimon -> Does anyone remember them? Yea, no plot rather then "I wanna fight some digimon!"

Yu-gi-oh -> Ok, I used to sell these cards in a game shop while I was a employee..hell I've even played the game and have one or two cards kickin around my room, but the anime was a EPIC FAIL  

Hamsterliciousness

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

The_Otakutopian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:44 pm
The first season of "Digimon" was the best. The rest were eehhhhhh.

Also adding...

"Beyblade" - Another "Pokemon" clone.

"Voltron" - bad art, bad acting, just BAD. stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:00 pm
Bo Bo Bo or whatever: Wow. Okay I see the plot, but it was lame. I don't think it ever ended either. I also don't like the characters.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Cards? seriously? Come on the only cool card game is Slap Jack!

InuYasha: EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!! I used to like it then it went on and on and on and on and Oh, look its still going! Why isn't Naraku EVER really there? How many times can one person get kidnapped? I think Kagome holds the world record. Kikyo NEVER EVER died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!!? I just HATE that show now.

FLCL: What?!?! Okay apparently they pulled a guitar out of the main characters forehead and plan to save the world with it? NO!

Pokemon: Game= epic!!! show= epic FAIL!!!!!! Ash ALWAYS wins. In real life it doesn't work like that. So don't try it!

Loves True Nature

Agile Survivor

3,900 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Chii_Asakura

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:58 pm
User Image User Image
User Image

Everyone took all of the anime series I was thinking xd

Naruto
Bleach
Bobo bo... and whatever else is in its title...
Inuyasha
Yu-Gi-Oh
Pokemon... it never ******** ends, Team Rocket always lose... blah blah, same s**t... Brock gets his ear pull away from x lady in the x episode.

*Sighs*

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:02 pm
The_Otakutopian

User Image User Image
User Image

Aww, I did like the eggs on the second season, not bad... and the third... what was the third? Was it the card and the "EXECUTE" thing? Okay, that was a meh, the only thing I like is the girl... ninja

I loved the fourth one... cute characters designs and I liked the story... >__> But, I think I'm the only one. *Loves Koji/Kouji*

Chii_Asakura

The_Otakutopian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:27 pm
Chii_Asakura
The_Otakutopian

User Image User Image
User Image

Aww, I did like the eggs on the second season, not bad... and the third... what was the third? Was it the card and the "EXECUTE" thing? Okay, that was a meh, the only thing I like is the girl... ninja

I loved the fourth one... cute characters designs and I liked the story... >__> But, I think I'm the only one. *Loves Koji/Kouji*

Yeah, the third season is the one with the tamers with the cards. Yeah that girl Rika was pretty cool. ^_^
And I admit that the fourth season had its moments too, though it still seemed a little too long and repetitive at times. Koji and Koichi were pretty cool. I also liked Zoe and J.P. ^_^ But I didn't really see the ending yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:01 am
Oni The Leek Alchemist
User Image

Well, Tokyo Mew Mew and Inuyasha suck pretty much. In the beginning Inuyasha was good, but when they reached 20th book, I realized that the story didn't make progress at all. I don't collect the books anymore.

Tokyo Mew Mew then. It's unoriginal, childish, and has bad art. But the most annoying thing is that it's so overrated.

Other seres I couldn't watch/read: Shugo Chara, Bobobobobosomething, Emma, Sugar Sugar Rune.

Leeks eat mushrooms~

I have to agree with you on Tokyo Mew Mew. The illustrations SUCK! It's way too kiddish, too. But, I do have to disagree with you on InuYasha and Shugo Chara!. Yes, InuYasha seemed like it was going nowhere, but it was funny and not too kiddish, and later on in the story it got waaay better. Shugo Chara! seemed too kiddish when I started watching it, but I don't know, anyone can disagree with me, but now it's pretty good.  

shoats

Beloved Lover

shoats

Beloved Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 am
Dragon Ball Z & All The Dragon Ball Series - "WTF is this crap!?!" That's what I think of it. Apparently, it was the only anime my friend ever watched... Tried to convince her to at least watch Kamichama Karin... I failed.

Yu-Gi-Oh - Oh, for crying out loud! I AM SICK OF ALL THESE DAMN GAY CARD GAMES! Can someone just stop the gayness!?

Tokyo Mew Mew - I seriously can't understand at all why people like this! The illustrations SUCK! And seriously, how the hell does a cat go inside people? It makes no sense!!!

One Piece - I hate it, ok? I just HATE IT!!!

Naruto - I can never seem to watch this. I can bear with a few episodes, but seriously, not something I would really want to get into.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:49 pm
Evil_Kibii
Oni The Leek Alchemist
User Image

Well, Tokyo Mew Mew and Inuyasha suck pretty much. In the beginning Inuyasha was good, but when they reached 20th book, I realized that the story didn't make progress at all. I don't collect the books anymore.

Tokyo Mew Mew then. It's unoriginal, childish, and has bad art. But the most annoying thing is that it's so overrated.

Other seres I couldn't watch/read: Shugo Chara, Bobobobobosomething, Emma, Sugar Sugar Rune.

Leeks eat mushrooms~

I have to agree with you on Tokyo Mew Mew. The illustrations SUCK! It's way too kiddish, too. But, I do have to disagree with you on InuYasha and Shugo Chara!. Yes, InuYasha seemed like it was going nowhere, but it was funny and not too kiddish, and later on in the story it got waaay better. Shugo Chara! seemed too kiddish when I started watching it, but I don't know, anyone can disagree with me, but now it's pretty good.

Actually, I like "Shugo Chara!" too. It does seem a little kiddish, but I guess that's some of its charm along with some of its deeper meanings. Plus I like the art. ^_^  

The_Otakutopian

Hana Maehata

OG Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:43 am
Eh, I'd have to say I disagree with Digimon. I liked the first two seasons. The third and fourth couldn't hold my interest, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:14 pm
silly-love-songs13
Bo Bo Bo or whatever: Wow. Okay I see the plot, but it was lame. I don't think it ever ended either. I also don't like the characters.

Yu-Gi-Oh: Cards? seriously? Come on the only cool card game is Slap Jack!

InuYasha: EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!!!!! I used to like it then it went on and on and on and on and Oh, look its still going! Why isn't Naraku EVER really there? How many times can one person get kidnapped? I think Kagome holds the world record. Kikyo NEVER EVER died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!!? I just HATE that show now.

FLCL: What?!?! Okay apparently they pulled a guitar out of the main characters forehead and plan to save the world with it? NO!

Pokemon: Game= epic!!! show= epic FAIL!!!!!! Ash ALWAYS wins. In real life it doesn't work like that. So don't try it!

DAPHNE holds that record, thank you very much.
the Yu-Gi-Oh card game is okay, or was until the GX cards drove it into the ground.
seriously.
where the hell am I supposed to find a bloody polymerization now?  

Mad Haru

Zakiyama

5,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:55 pm
A lot of the series on here are series I like... XD;

Uh...
Wedding Peach- I'll throw bouquets at you to vanquish evil!
Bamboo Blade- Got bored 1st episode
Night Wizard- Nothing was interesting aside from girl with boom stick
Vampire Knight- Oh god, why is the animation so bad? D:
Dragon Ball Z- e_E; Don't get me started
Mystical Ninja Goemon- You have to watch it to understand how bad it is
Tsubasa Chronicles- It tanked so bad that Clamp HAD to pull the plug. Which, I find interesting because now they have to pull all the Tsubasa parts out of xxxHolic Kei. On a more interesting note, the OAV was good because Clamp actually wrote that part.

@Kare Kano- The show ended abruptly because of creative differences between the animation studio and the mangaka. ... Not that I blame her. The manga I happened to love, but the show not so much.
Last three episodes of Full Metal Alchemist + the movie- Written by drunk and high monkeys with typewriters? Yes. I'll also add in the second half of Full Metal Alchemist. e_E;;

You see... many anime come up with this problem. When the anime catches up to the manga, the animation company comes up with their own script and storyline. Usually such storylines are lame and/or make no sense at all.

This problem happens because most manga come out weekly or monthly. In one anime episode, which also comes out weekly, it's quite easy to do 3-5 chapters of material (even if they draw things out excessively). Hence, we have the general anime v. manga problem.

Tsubasa Chronicles attempted to combat this problem by airing spring seasons only so that the manga would have enough time to come out with more storyline. Unfortunately, the manga became too violent for TV, so the problem happened anyway. Clamp was like- WTF and pulled the plug around Tsubasa's 4th or 5th season.

GENSHIKEN
- I. cannot. stand. this. series. It is the epitome of BORING with a cast of creepy Otaku characters.

Whatever the last season of Tenchi Muyo was = FAIL

On a side note- INUYASHA FINALLY ENDED. >_O; Chapter 558 is the final chapter of Inuyasha. HOORAY!

"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games